Dems. Playing Footsy with Fox

I think a more interesting poll question would be, "Do you primarily get your political news from a single news channel, or do you watch several in roughly equal proportion"?

Where I live, there is no Fox News (we had "Fox News International" for about 6 months, before somebody somewhere pulled the plug on that endeavor), but we do have CNN International and BBC World, neither of which I watch except during a big election, or when I find out about things like the Ft. Hood shooting, or a natural disaster or something.

I get some of my political news from the Daily Show, which is hilarious, but mostly I read. The Economist, major newspapers, and sometimes the English-language newspapers and TV where I live. The people here don't have any bias toward any political party in the U.S. (most of them couldn't name a political party in the U.S.), so they just straight-up report on the news.

Everytime I'm back in the U.S., and i flip on any cable news, I'm blown away at how totally opinionated and biased every single channel is, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, all of them. Fox - to me - seems worse, with shows like, "Hannity" (who apparently no longer bothers with "Holmes"), although that bleach-blonde crying guy, Glen Beck, is hilarious. Is that guy for real, or is he playing a clown for money? Either way, he's a total riot. Sadly, he's not on any channel here, so I only see some of his occasional bits on YouTube, lol. He could seriously be in the circus.

I think a more interesting poll question would be, "Do you primarily get your political news from a single news channel, or do you watch several in roughly equal proportion"?

Where I live, there is no Fox News (we had "Fox News International" for about 6 months, before somebody somewhere pulled the plug on that endeavor), but we do have CNN International and BBC World, neither of which I watch except during a big election, or when I find out about things like the Ft. Hood shooting, or a natural disaster or something.

I get some of my political news from the Daily Show, which is hilarious, but mostly I read. The Economist, major newspapers, and sometimes the English-language newspapers and TV where I live. The people here don't have any bias toward any political party in the U.S. (most of them couldn't name a political party in the U.S.), so they just straight-up report on the news.

Everytime I'm back in the U.S., and i flip on any cable news, I'm blown away at how totally opinionated and biased every single channel is, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, all of them. Fox - to me - seems worse, with shows like, "Hannity" (who apparently no longer bothers with "Holmes"), although that bleach-blonde crying guy, Glen Beck, is hilarious. Is that guy for real, or is he playing a clown for money? Either way, he's a total riot. Sadly, he's not on any channel here, so I only see some of his occasional bits on YouTube, lol. He could seriously be in the circus.

That poll has already been done. It's the problem with being a newbie.... The forum didn't start the day we walk in, ya know.

There's a vast array of threads about the media.... go read a few.

That poll has already been done. It's the problem with being a newbie.... The forum didn't start the day we walk in, ya know.

There's a vast array of threads about the media.... go read a few.

I didn't mean a poll of people here on this forum, i meant a survey of people in general. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

The last time I saw any kind of interesting survey done on news media, was by the University of Maryland, which was four or five years ago, when they found that (at that time), regular watchers of the Daily Show scored higher than viewers of any of the cable news networks on a test of knowledge of current events.

(and if that was discussed already in another thread - well, here it is again, then, lol)

You may need to seek professional help...I mean this in a friendly way...:lol:

Why?? Maybe oreo has a better tv than I do. There's a method to my madness!!

Honestly, Hannity gets on my nerves at times, Glenn Beck takes some adjustment.

Rachel, Keith and Ed...just no balance what so ever in my opinion, constant whining and misrepresentations. I do find it interesting that you don't see it.

I'm mystified also by how we can see the same program and get different opinions.

There's a method to my madness!!>>> OK, good luck

Well, I think that they always have proof of what they are saying. Especially Rachel. That girl seems very together to me. I like Joe Scarborough a lot. But I wish Pat Buchanan would go up in smoke!!!

Rachel, Keith and Ed...just no balance what so ever in my opinion, constant whining and misrepresentations. I do find it interesting that you don't see it.

I'm mystified also by how we can see the same program and get different opinions.

Well, I think that they always have proof of what they are saying. Especially Rachel. That girl seems very together to me. I like Joe Scarborough a lot. But I wish Pat Buchanan would go up in smoke!!!

Well, that's why I usually end up watching Chris, Rachel and Ed then some folks on Fox it helps a little for balance, then if something peaks my interest I do some research on-line and get views here also.

Well, that's why I usually end up watching Chris, Rachel and Ed then some folks on Fox it helps a little for balance, then if something peaks my interest I do some research on-line and get views here also.

Ed is a big Obama fan. But have you noticed that he has been very critical of him lately?? And he has made some very valid points, I think. He he doesn't do it in a mean-spirited way. He just wants Obama to toughen up and I agree.

Ed is a big Obama fan. But have you noticed that he has been very critical of him lately?? And he has made some very valid points, I think. He he doesn't do it in a mean-spirited way. He just wants Obama to toughen up and I agree.

I believe everyone on MSNBC is an Obama fan (that's an understatement) but Ed is allot like Hannity in that they hammer on the same issues repeatedly..it's boring.. For Ed it's this Health Care issue..Ed can be an amusing fellow at times.

I claim that to a lefty--Fox is shock TV and they watch it just like teens listen to shock radio.

I wonder--what is the preferred channel for Republicans, Democrats and Indiependents.

I would like to say Reps for Fox, Dems for CNN and Indies for MSNBC but that can not be correct unless Indies are just screwed up in the head.

How can anyone watch MSNBC without suffering an aneurysm? They just suck.

yeah- like when JAnene Garofolo accused the tea party protestors of being nothing but racists, and there was no follow up....

I don't watch any of these people. I watch about 45 minutes of HLN every morning before switching to Fox and Friends. I just don't listen to what I call the opinionated news. I find out what they all say in the various forums. Chances are if you lined them all up I couldn't even name them all.

yeah- like when JAnene Garofolo accused the tea party protestors of being nothing but racists, and there was no follow up....

I sometimes wonder why Fox News doesn't do a report on their news talk competition, what's said, who said it, and so forth. MSNBC hosts certainly do it to them.. seems only fair

I sometimes wonder why Fox News doesn't do a report on their news talk competition, what's said, who said it, and so forth. MSNBC hosts certainly do it to them.. seems only fair

Hiya Lumpy!! I think that they don't do it because they have no proof that the stories from MSNBC are wrong. I really do.

It is amazing to me how people can look at the same shows and see 2 completely different things. I just can't figure it out.

What I see is the exact opposite of what you see. If I saw any positive story about Obama or a Democrat giving an opposing view on Fox, I think I'd faint!!! I just cannot stand Hannity, O'Reilly, and especially Glenn Beck.

I like everybody on MSNBC. My faves are Rachel and Keith. Keith just cracks me up. He is so funny. And he always shows lots of clips when he reports what's going on and I like that. Ed Schultz is growing on me, too.

Well, maybe we could switch tv's for a week and see if it changes our minds about anything. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:clap2:

Hiya Lumpy!! I think that they don't do it because they have no proof that the stories from MSNBC are wrong. I really do.

It like you said about seeing two completely different things, I see it completely different than you.. there's no middle here and yet I still respect you opinion, my friend.

Picture if you will...

Democrats sitting in front of their television sets, hurling peanuts, marshmallows and their favorite chew toys as they watch the Fox News Channel...:lol:

Seems they do.. according to Pew Research.....:disbelief:

* FNC: 39% Republican, 33% Democratic, 22% Independent
* CNN: 18% Republican, 51% Democratic, 23% Independent
* MSNBC: 18% Republican, 45% Democratic, 27% Independent

Partisanship and Cable News Audiences - Pew Research Center

:popcorn:..Gee, I wonder if the, Waring Factions, can have fun for a change?

:party:..just thought I'd re-post the original

It like you said about seeing two completely different things, I see it completely different than you.. there's no middle here and yet I still respect you opinion, my friend.

Thanks so much!!! I like you, Lumpy. I think you're very fair and that's about all we can ask of others when our opinions are so different. :beer:

Thanks so much!!! I like you, Lumpy. I think you're very fair and that's about all we can ask of others when our opinions are so different. :beer:

It's all well and good.. but I still think you need psychological help....:lol:.....kidding

Forum List

Back