Dems need 218 House votes and 67 Senate votes to remove Trump from office. Will they have the votes?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Majority of 435 House votes (218) to bring a trial in the senate.

67 votes needed in the Senate to remove Trump from office.

Will Dems have the votes come January, 2019?

Again, this is where you are a bit confused.

There's going to be a point where Establishment Republicans will realize Trump is more of a liability than a benefit.

Kind of like they did with Nixon in 1974.

Again, this is where you are a bit confused.

There's going to be a point where Establishment Republicans will realize Trump is more of a liability than a benefit.

Kind of like they did with Nixon in 1974.
I am not confused at all. Dems will drive this and need to flip pubs if they don’t have the numbers.

You seem confused.

I said votes, not seats.

Let’s try again.

Will Dems have the votes to remove Trump from office? If they don’t have the seats, who will flip and VOTE WITH THE DEMS, MAKING THEM DEM VOTES?

I am not confused at all.

yup... you are buddy. You are confused that you think the GOP is going to fall on their swords for Trump.

I didn’t opine at all, I stated facts and then asked a question.

Ok, so you are not capable of discussing what Republicans might flip if the Democrats don’t hold enough Congressional seats to impeach unilaterally. Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

I hope they do.

I hope they impeach a Pres that lowered taxes, lowered ue, made moves to protect America and Americans from criminals and legal extortion from other countries.

they will put an incredibly religious con in the Presidents seat.

I hope they do.

I hope they impeach a Pres that lowered taxes, lowered ue, made moves to protect America and Americans from criminals and legal extortion from other countries.

Then they will just try to impeach him.

If Trump,is impeached, I hope Pence overturns Roe V Wade, that would be hilarious.

Ok, so you are not capable of discussing what Republicans might flip if the Democrats don’t hold enough Congressional seats to impeach unilaterally. Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

again, most of them would turn on Trump in a heartbeat if they knew they could get away with it.

If you think these guys aren't going to turn on Trump when it becomes clear he commited crimes, you are delusional.

Drip, drip, drip.

Nixon actually legitimately won his election, and he and Agnew were thrown out on their asses.

The wild card will be whether enough Republicans decide they've had enough of this.

There's no way to know what their all-important "internal polling" is telling them to do.

I hope they do.

Then they will just try to impeach him.

If Trump,is impeached, I hope Pence overturns Roe V Wade, that would be hilarious.
He could do it by EO.

I'd just fall over laughing.

again, most of them would turn on Trump in a heartbeat if they knew they could get away with it.

If you think these guys aren't going to turn on Trump when it becomes clear he commited crimes, you are delusional.

Drip, drip, drip.

Nixon actually legitimately won his election, and he and Agnew were thrown out on their asses.

Just an FYI, it’s not the fucking 1970s.

At least use Bill Clinton as your example, Clinton was impeached and there were actually votes cast in both houses.

What was the vote count to impeach Nixon? I don’t seem to recall Congress voting on impeachment.

Go ahead, post the vote results for the Nixon impeachment that you are referring to, then let’s discuss what pubs would vote to impeach Trump.

At least use Bill Clinton as your example, Clinton was impeached and there were actually votes cast in both houses.

What was the vote count to impeach Nixon? I don’t seem to recall Congress voting on impeachment.

In Clinton's case, no one thought what he did was all that wrong, that was the problem. Most of us would lie about getting some on the side. It also didn't help that the people going after Clinton (Livingston, Gingrich, Hyde) were all getting some on the side, too.

If the Dems had taken a bath in the 1998 midterms, damned straight the ones who survived would have taken it out on Clinton.

Go ahead, post the vote results for the Nixon impeachment that you are referring to, then let’s discuss what pubs would vote to impeach Trump.

They didn't have to. They went to the White House, and said, "Mr. President, you can resign or we'll vote you out." And Nixon resigned.

Trump's ego is such that he'll probably have to be voted out, but trust me, if they have the goods on him, they will. In a heartbeat. Particularly if the economy tanks next year, which it probably will.

I hope they do.

VIce President Pence can also be expected to be removed as well. We will be looking at resisting the Pelosi Regime in an economy that will be spiraling down the toilet of World History. In addition, all of the good will that President Trump has engendered with both key allies like the Philippines and Israel will be gone as well as peace initiatives with adversaries like North Korea who will re-commense their ICBM program. America will close its embassy in Israel as it offends our new terrorist friends.

In Clinton's case, no one thought what he did was all that wrong, that was the problem. Most of us would lie about getting some on the side. It also didn't help that the people going after Clinton (Livingston, Gingrich, Hyde) were all getting some on the side, too.

If the Dems had taken a bath in the 1998 midterms, damned straight the ones who survived would have taken it out on Clinton.

They didn't have to. They went to the White House, and said, "Mr. President, you can resign or we'll vote you out." And Nixon resigned.

Trump's ego is such that he'll probably have to be voted out, but trust me, if they have the goods on him, they will. In a heartbeat. Particularly if the economy tanks next year, which it probably will.

Apparently the BAR thought what he did was wrong.

If “no one thought what he did was wrong”, how was he impeached?

I am trying my best here, help me out a little bit.

How will the Dems get the votes needed to remove Trump from office, specifically?

If you don’t know, but you just wish it will happen, just fucking say that.

If Trump keeps this up and Mueller's October surprises are as good as they are going to be . . . sure.

Drip, drip, drip.

Joe, you know I dislike Trump as a President, and believe he is about as dirty as they get. But I think we should wait for the Mueller Report to Congress before we start on impeachment talk. Those of us who feel he is a gangster are really just speculating at this point, even if it is an educated speculation. Mueller and his team are mum and we could be wrong. Wait for it!

So by comparing this situation to Nixon’s, you are saying that Congress will have the votes to impeach, and Trump will resign or be voted out off office through Congressional impeachment proceedings.

So tally up the votes for us, how to we get to 218 and 67, specifically?

Mueller's October surprises will be the factor that decides on whether Trump will be impeached.

Forum List

Back