DEMS facing Populist Backlash?

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Great article that sums up much of my own feelings as the stimulus bill has been played out over the past month culminating in Obama's staged signing today and the joint freefall of Wall Street in response.

If Obama and the Democrats don't figure out the true pulse of this country quick - there will be an ideological revolt against them - all of them.

Stop the Democratic Suicide - The Daily Beast

More right wing bullshit.

Obama is still holding the hight poll ratings from most Americans. If populist means pissed off rigthies?:cuckoo:

As more Americans lose their jobs and their homes, as more businesses crater and banks topple, popular anger is rising like a wall of water over a suddenly quiet beachfront resort.

This is what I mean by bullshit.

He has been in office for a month. People know that the reason they are losing their jobs are because of the failed bush presidency and the current republican partisan blocking of anything but fucking tax cuts.

This will all come back on the RNC with a vengence.

Another article outlining the potential widespread backlash that will boil over quickly if this administration and Democrat led Congress don't create real, verifiable improvement for the nation's economy. The continued excuse of "It will take time" will fall on increasingly deaf ears as weeks turn to months...

Forbes.com: Digital Rules By Rich Karlgaard

As more Americans lose their jobs and their homes, as more businesses crater and banks topple, popular anger is rising like a wall of water over a suddenly quiet beachfront resort.

He has been in office for a month. People know that the reason they are losing their jobs are because of the failed bush presidency and the current republican partisan blocking of anything but fucking tax cuts.

You are blinded. It wasn't Bush that spoke of catastrophes that couldn't be undone. It wasn't Bush that scared the daylights out of Congress. It was YOUR MAN, he owns this. For better or worse. Let's all hope your faith in him was justified, if not, woe to us all.

almost everyone except you rabid leftists have forgotten Bush,, it's all on obamalama now! I hope it dosen't hurt much when you hit bottom

almost everyone except you rabid leftists have forgotten Bush,, it's all on obamalama now! I hope it dosen't hurt much when you hit bottom

The 500,000 Americans a month who are losing their jobs haven't forgotten Bush.

It is going to take years to clean up the mess Bush created.

I give him 100 about days before people start really asking themselves if the plan is working.

I so don't give a shit what the market does.

actually, interestingly, congress has a higher approval rating right now then it's had in years. (not that the number is high...but definitely better) and obama still has astronomical approval ratings.

and the guy got the biggest piece of economic legislation ever passed after a few weeks in office. all in all, i'd say he's feeling pretty good right now.

The 500,000 Americans a month who are losing their jobs haven't forgotten Bush.

It is going to take years to clean up the mess Bush created.

It's all on you Demorats,, succeed or fail,, you've got the ball.

He has been in office for a month.
I have noticed this trend.

With every bad decision obama has made, there has been this qualifer (He's only been in office for XXXX amount of time).

That is wearing thin.

Then out of the other side of their mouths they laud him with praise on all he's accomplished in one short month,, lesssse to recap,, closed Guantanamo,, Assures the terrorist they will have feather pillows, pays hard earned tax payer money to fund abortion overseas, spens 800 billion dollars with a stroke of the pen on mice and monorails.. and little lectric cars..:lol:

With every bad decision obama has made, there has been this qualifer (He's only been in office for XXXX amount of time).

That is wearing thin.

I have noticed a trend too.

Obama is doing a good job.

Closing Gitmo, moving troops to Afganistan, no more torture, stimulus bill signed.....all good moves.

The adults are back in charge. No more spoiled frat boy.

That is wearing thin.

I have noticed a trend too.

Obama is doing a good job.

Closing Gitmo, moving troops to Afganistan, no more torture, stimulus bill signed.....all good moves.

The adults are back in charge. No more spoiled frat boy.

He didn't close Gitmo, he hopes to in future, unspecified. Indeed, the stimulus is signed and he will live with that. He OWNS the economy now.

Obama wasn't in Frat? How dare he dis the black frats like that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpXtIFjlcc&feature=related]YouTube - George Bush Dancing[/ame]

Once again, Chris demonstrates his insecurity in his opinion of the current administration. Must harken back, lamely we might add, to others. Excuse making, which certainly will be necessary.

Once again, Chris demonstrates his insecurity in his opinion of the current administration. Must harken back, lamely we might add, to others. Excuse making, which certainly will be necessary.

Why not?

Like I said, the adults are back in charge.

Thank goodness.

actually, interestingly, congress has a higher approval rating right now then it's had in years. (not that the number is high...but definitely better) and obama still has astronomical approval ratings.

and the guy got the biggest piece of economic legislation ever passed after a few weeks in office. all in all, i'd say he's feeling pretty good right now.

Why wouldn't he get it passed...with a democrat majority and the fact that they (democrats) wrote the bill, it's not much of an acomplishment. I'm so glad he is feeling pretty good considering almost 1/2 of the country is not.

Forum List

Back