Dems Call for New Federal Holiday Honoring Chavez

Oh CESAR Chavez.
I read the title and thought the Dems wanted a holiday in honor of HUGO Chavez. That would make maybe even more sense as Obama loves Hugo and plans on implementing all his policies.

So? (You obviously don't want to see it again.)

.... At the time, Stalin was our ally. We didn't have any problem with him defeating Hitler
At the time, Stalin hadn't murdered so many of his own. So...your point is what, again?

Yes he had in the 1930s

Stalin was our ally during WWII. The parade is to honor the 75th anniversary of the defeat of Nazi Germany. You have a problem in celebrating that?

If we knew that he would murder tens of thousands of innocent people after the fact, maybe we would not have been so quick to be his ally?
------------------------------

It was known. He didn't start after the war. The reason he was an ally rather than an enemy is that he didn't want to invade other countries like Hitler did. He was considered a lesser evil for that reason.

If we knew that he would murder tens of thousands of innocent people after the fact, maybe we would not have been so quick to be his ally?

It was known. He didn't start after the war. The reason he was an ally rather than an enemy is that he didn't want to invade other countries like Hitler did. He was considered a lesser evil for that reason.

Thank you. I was not aware of that.

On that note, anyone watch Worlds at War on the military channel?
I am military and I am a conservative.
But I gotta tell you. Our indifference to civilian casualties in the South Pacific is troubling. I know we had to do what we had to do. But without smart bombs at the time, wow.

Quite sad. Yes, necessary and I honor all those that served. But still quite sad. My wife cried last night as we watched.

So it is OK for him to turn to radicalism for his cause.

But the tea partyers should be chastised for thier tactics which, at the worst, is screraming so loud, you actually may spray it and not say it.

Got it.

Radicalism? You mean like his 25 day hunger strike?

Come back after you educate yourself

Nice try.

Open your mind, then read up on his tactics for his cause (yes, out of desperation) and then YOU get back to ME.

Tactics? Like organizing hundreds of students, religious workers and labor activists to talk to consumers in front of markets, asking them to do a simple thing: “Help the farm-workers by not buying grapes.” ???

I'll make a deal with you moron...first bring me your proof, your right wing garbage sites, THEN read up on the 'tactics' of the growers that exploited the migrant workers...

Radicalism? You mean like his 25 day hunger strike?

Come back after you educate yourself

Nice try.

Open your mind, then read up on his tactics for his cause (yes, out of desperation) and then YOU get back to ME.

Tactics? Like organizing hundreds of students, religious workers and labor activists to talk to consumers in front of markets, asking them to do a simple thing: “Help the farm-workers by not buying grapes.” ???

I'll make a deal with you moron...first bring me your proof, your right wing garbage sites, THEN read up on the 'tactics' of the growers that exploited the migrant workers...

Moron?
Right wing garbage sites?

Sorry sir. I do not get into name calling. You know nothing about me.

I debate on here from my personal point of view and knowledge. I am not some GOP tool nor am I some right wing loon. I am a conservative and I am not a hypocrite as many conservatives are.

I am honest and I am open minded. I suggest you read some of my stances on here before you lump me in a group that you deem worthless.

I am who I am and I am proud of it. I belong to no one, and no one has power over me; except my superior officers and my CiC.

Just becuase I disagree with you on one topic does not mean I will disagree with you on another.

That is how we learn. Robust debate.

So do both of us a favor. Read some of my posts in other threads and then maybe we can have a civil debate.

But as of now, I see you have made a judgement call on me and thereofre I can not gain from interacting with you and you can not gain by interacting with me. Unless you conisder it gain to call one names.

Your choice on how we proceed from here.

Nice try.

Moron?

I debate on here from my personal point of view and knowledge. I am not some GOP tool nor am I some right wing loon. I am a conservative and I am not a hypocrite as many conservatives are.

I am honest and I am open minded. I suggest you read some of my stances on here before you lump me in a group that you deem worthless.

I am who I am and I am proud of it. I belong to no one, and no one has power over me; except my superior officers and my CiC.

Just becuase I disagree with you on one topic does not mean I will disagree with you on another.

So do both of us a favor. Read some of my posts in other threads and then maybe we can have a civil debate.

But as of now, I see you have made a judgement call on me and thereofre I can not gain from interacting with you and you can not gain by interacting with me. Unless you conisder it gain to call one names.

Save the sermon ... I am not interested in talking about YOU...you made an accusation. Put up, or shut up...

Last edited:
Obama just signed an executive order proclaiming today, Sean Penn day

happy Sean Penn day. Punch someone in the face.

Moron?

Save the sermon ... I am not interested in talking about YOU...you made an accusation. Put up, or shut up...

As I said. Your choice.
Cya.

Thank you. I was not aware of that.

On that note, anyone watch Worlds at War on the military channel?
I am military and I am a conservative.
But I gotta tell you. Our indifference to civilian casualties in the South Pacific is troubling. I know we had to do what we had to do. But without smart bombs at the time, wow.

Quite sad. Yes, necessary and I honor all those that served. But still quite sad. My wife cried last night as we watched.

The worst part was Japanese civilians jumping off the cliffs of Saipan because of what they were told the Americans would do to them

Moron?

As I said. Your choice.
Cya.

I see how this works...I thought you said you were a conservative, not a martyr...SO, all I have to do to BE civil is accept your denigration and defamation of Chavez and we are being civil...

Maybe you can explain 'civil' to the families of Negri Daifulla and Juan de la Cruz.

As I said. Your choice.
Cya.

I see how this works...I thought you said you were a conservative, not a martyr...SO, all I have to do to BE civil is accept your denigration and defamation of Chavez and we are being civil...

Maybe you can explain 'civil' to the families of Negri Daifulla and Juan de la Cruz.

No sir. That is how you opted to take what I say.

For example, someone below corrected me on something about Stalin. He did not insult my intelligence nor did he call me names. He did not imply I am a right winger. He simply showed me how I was misinformed.

Being misinformed happens, you know.

My response to him?

I admitted I was not aware of what he said and thanked him for correcting me.

And then I read up on the topic and it confirmed what he said.

It is known as using debate to learn; not to be right.

Sorry if you do not like that about me. But it works for me.

As I said. Your choice.
Cya.

No sir. That is how you opted to take what I say.

For example, someone below corrected me on something about Stalin. He did not insult my intelligence nor did he call me names. He did not imply I am a right winger. He simply showed me how I was misinformed.

Being misinformed happens, you know.

My response to him?

I admitted I was not aware of what he said and thanked him for correcting me.

And then I read up on the topic and it confirmed what he said.

It is known as using debate to learn; not to be right.

Sorry if you do not like that about me. But it works for me.

What works for you is constantly talking about YOU?

Only the shallow know themselves.
Oscar Wilde

A group of Democratic state lawmakers is calling on the federal government to make the birthday of the late Cesar Chavez a national holiday

Chavez, born March 31, 1927, was a Mexican-American farmworker, labor leader and civil rights activist who, with Dolores Huerta, co-founded the National Farm Workers Association. That group later became the United Farm Workers.

Chavez died in 1993 and is considered a major figure in the Hispanic history of the nation.

State Sen. Nan Orrock (D-Atlanta) and Rep. Pedro Marin (D-Duluth) have introduced resolutions in both chambers of the Legislature calling on lawmakers to support the idea of a federal holiday for Chavez. Eight states already have holidays honoring Chavez, whose work led to numerous improvements for farm laborers.

“We need to honor his life,” said state Sen. Vincent Fort (D-Atlanta). “Like Dr. [Martin Luther] King he was one of the towering figures of the last 60 years in this nation. And we are becoming a blacker and browner state and nation.”

Democratic lawmakers call for Cesar Chavez national holiday | ajc.com

Just what we need. Another freakin day off to "stimulate" the economy. What a bunch of geniuses.

Agreed! And this prez will stop at nothing to win votes. He is not a man of principals, only of power-lust.

Forum List

Back