Demographics- Obama's Real Best Friend

While it is (sadly) still possible that President Obama will win a second tem, it is not all that likely.

Demographics will not trump his hideous performance.

Gas prices and moronic decisions in conflict with reality and our collective desires and neeeds will trump demographics.

President Obama is getting more and more viewed by the electorate as a light weight and as a mistake. We will not want to repeat this particular mistake.

He has been and he remains a terrible President. He's in over his head. He truly sucks and the people are taking note of that fact.

It is possible that if this goes on and it becomes a war between Hispanics and blacks people will start to take sides against blacks and Obama.

He's simply proving all of the white-supremacists greatest fears are true.

It's a shame....because whites and Hispanics may leave him in droves and thus it'll be decades before another black gets elected.

Last edited:
While it is (sadly) still possible that President Obama will win a second tem, it is not all that likely.

Demographics will not trump his hideous performance.

Gas prices and moronic decisions in conflict with reality and our collective desires and needs will trump demographics.

President Obama is getting more and more viewed by the electorate as a light weight and as a mistake. We will not want to repeat this particular mistake.

He has been and he remains a terrible President. He's in over his head. He truly sucks and the people are taking note of that fact.

I think he's been a terrible presdient, but I'll end up voting for him because I just cannot stand Mitt Romney.

Sorry, man, no one votes AGAINST a president, they vvote for one. Until you guys give people a good reason to vote FOR Romney, Obama will win. Easily.

It is possible that if this goes on and it becomes a war between Hispanics and blacks people will start to take sides against blacks and Obama.

He's simply proving all of the white-supremacists greatest fears are true.

It's a shame....because whites and Hispanics may leave him in droves and thus it'll be decades before another black gets elected.

Obama won Hispanics over McCain by a 69-31 Margin. Right now, he's winning them against Romney by a 71-14% margin.

Despite that Bush was disliked, which itself was mostly liberal hype. People were generally doing pretty well. To get to the point where people are in real and very personal pain, you have to go all the way back to Jimmy Carter. Pictures of Bush looking like a chimpanzee didn't have quite the same effect as waiting for hours in a gas line only to find out the station was sold out by the time you limped to the pump. Carter's solution to the oil shortage was to tell people to put on a sweater. obama tells them to buy a new car.

If you remember the times, Reagan was not a particularly popular candidate. He had already failed in a presidential bid. Democratic polls consistently had Carter ahead. Reagan was too old. Too out of touch. Too rich. Carter was the "common man". Carter was a farmer and he cared. After all, didn't he tell people to put on a sweater!

Reagan won, which came as a supreme surprise, in a landslide. Not because he was perceived as a great man, that came much later. He won because Carter was so despised there was no way he could possibly have won. The media and the democrats never realized that. They never quite got it. They don't today.

I do remember the times. And there was a lot more going on than just gas lines that brought Carter down. There where hostages in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan, double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, unemployment shooting up instead of going down...

Furthermore, Mitt Romney is not Reagan. Not by a longshot. He's not likable, he has a weird religion, and the base isn't enthused with him at all.

However, it goes back to- again- DEMOGRAPHICS. If the racial demographics in voting were the same as they were in 1976, McCain and Palin would have won. they won the White Vote 55-45 and in 1976, they were 90% of the electorate.

Now white folks are only about 70% of the electorate. And right now, ROmney is only doing about as well as McCain did, while losing Hispanics by a larger margin.

Demographics=Lumping Individuals into groups and dividing them.

Congrats to the OP for demonstrating perfectly Obama's Class Warfare, Wealth envy tactics.

He doesn't have anything else.

The "class warfare" began when Corporations decided to dismantle the middle class to make a few rich assholes richer.

of course, the only two groups that have an interest in voting for Romney are millionaires and Mormons.

The rest are pretty much voting against their own economic interests.

True that.

The GOP is doing nothing, saying nothing, to attract minorities or the working poor.

Well, we don't have organizations in place to produce fake issues that minorities can relate to based on bigotry, racism, or emotion.

We don't have any Al Sharptons or Jessie Jacksons going around the country producing Tawana Brawleys and Trayvon Martin marches.

I guess we have something they don't have.....a conscience.

What are the best ways to appeal to hispanics, to blacks....two of the largest ethnic groups?

The best way to appeal to Hispanics is by backing illegal immigration.

The best way to appeal to blacks is by electing blacks to office, but the problem is the left trashes every one of them that decides to run. Accuses them of sexual-harassment, being an Uncle Tom, and called them every name in the book. If they dare to conform and become fine upstanding citizens instead of being a race-baitor like Al Sharpton, they catch hell.

Tim Scott was accused of sexual harassment?

Actually Obama isn't doing all that well.

As long as his approval rating stays below 50% his chances of being re-elected are slim.

He currently has the same approval rating Gerald Ford had when he lost.

At the eight-month mark, an incumbent's job approval rating is more significantly predictive of eventual election success. With the exception of Truman in 1948, every president who won re-election had approval ratings above 50% at the eight-month mark, and every president who lost had approval ratings below 50%.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/8608/Reflections-Presidential-Job-Approval-Reelection-Odds.aspx

Last edited:
And what Demographic has Romney been winning solidly since the Primary started? Why, those making OVER 100K...he has that demographic locked down.

Being one of those, in the very bottom, I might add, he really doesn't have those locked down, either. Most of us on the high end of middle class earning know which side our bread is buttered on. And Romney is not on that side.

I think Romney's problem is a little bigger than that.

Most of the folks voting for Santorum and Gingrich right now will probably fall in line behind Romney.

BUt Romney has to win over the folks who voted for Obama last time- or at least some of them.

Then there's the women's vote. Among women, McCain lost to Obama in 2008; and Romney is already something like 25 points behind Obama in the women's demographic. With the GOP's national push for anti-abortion, anti-choice legislation, I don't see those numbers improving.

As long as his approval rating stays below 50% his chances of being re-elected are slim.

At the eight-month mark, an incumbent's job approval rating is more significantly predictive of eventual election success. With the exception of Truman in 1948, every president who won re-election had approval ratings above 50% at the eight-month mark, and every president who lost had approval ratings below 50%.
Reflections on Presidential Job Approval and Re-election Odds

Oooookay, I know you really, really need to believe this..

you know, one of the things I picked up in this Six Sigma training.

Correlation doesn't equal Causality.

Gerald Ford Lost because he pardoned Nixon- BARELY.

Here's some other trivia-

The last time we threw a president's party out after one term was 1980. The time before that was 1888. As a rule, we don't throw out a president after one term unless his party has held the presidency for a while.

Again- the demographics are breaking just as badly for Romney as they did for McCain. Blacks, Hispanics and Asian are breaking the same way. And if he thinks getting a "Tio Tomas" like Rubio to run with him will improve that, it's laughable.

Congrats to the OP for demonstrating perfectly Obama's Class Warfare, Wealth envy tactics.

The "class warfare" began when Corporations decided to dismantle the middle class to make a few rich assholes richer.

of course, the only two groups that have an interest in voting for Romney are millionaires and Mormons.

Was it a coordinated effort to destroy their customer base? When was this decided and by whom? Will the rich keep these corporations in business all by themselves? How does this plan work?:confused:

Was it a coordinated effort to destroy their customer base? When was this decided and by whom? Will the rich keep these corporations in business all by themselves? How does this plan work?:confused:

Well, I'd explain it to you, but you still wouldn't understand, because you're kind of retarded....

but I'll give you a hint. The plan doesn't work. Hense, why the economy crashed in 2008.

Because it doesn't work. But some people really don't look at the big picture. They aren't paid to.

Last edited:

Well, I'd explain it to you, but you still wouldn't understand, because you're kind of retarded....

but I'll give you a hint. The plan doesn't work. Hense, why the economy crashed in 2008.

Because it doesn't work. But some people really don't look at the big picture. They aren't paid to.

Your brilliance is beyond the comprehension of normal people:cuckoo:

obama's worst domestic mistake is clinging to his green energy program. He is telling people without ba job, struggling to put enough gas in the car to get to the grocery store to pay inflated prices for less food to buy a new car. A new car to advance HIS VISION of alternative energy. If they suffer for HIM today, in 50 or 100 years we'll be independent of oil.

Worker's are not stupid people. They know when the government has interfered with the company's ability to conduct business and they lose their jobs. They don't blame the employer who has lost just as much if not more than they have. The worker's paradise comes from those who have never worked and have no intention of working.

We have oceans of natural gas and this administration is pushing solar, which is uneconomic without heavy subsidization. It's pathetic. We have so much gas in storage that it is not inconceivable that nat gas could be transacted at $0.00 this summer. And rather than committing to a policy of vastly expanding natural gas demand, they're busy pimping solar panels.

Brutal.

Reflections on Presidential Job Approval and Re-election Odds

The last time we threw a president's party out after one term was 1980. The time before that was 1888. As a rule, we don't throw out a president after one term unless his party has held the presidency for a while.

Again- the demographics are breaking just as badly for Romney as they did for McCain. Blacks, Hispanics and Asian are breaking the same way. And if he thinks getting a "Tio Tomas" like Rubio to run with him will improve that, it's laughable.

I'm just going by statistics.

I don't give a flying-f what you feel about it.

Where did I talk about my feelings.

You were out DESPERATELY trying to find a statistic that gives you a ray of hope, mostly because nearly every poll shows Obama beating the snot out ofthe Weird Mormon Robot.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Where did I talk about my feelings.

You were out DESPERATELY trying to find a statistic that gives you a ray of hope, mostly because nearly every poll shows Obama beating the snot out ofthe Weird Mormon Robot.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

I wasn't desperately doing anything.

I just Binged "What do approval ratings mean for a president's re-election"

And it came up.

Took about 30 seconds.

They actually said that Bush's 64% approval rating wasn't a sure thing.

But the closer it gets to re-elections.....say 8 months out.....if he's below 50% his ass is most likely gonna get dumped by the voters.

Well, the fact you are using "Bing" might be part of your problem.

Fact is, incumbants usually win if they don't have a third party splitting the vote. Last time an *elected* incumbant lost in a straight up one on one fight was 1932.

Bush-41 and Carter lost because they had third party candidates sapping their strength and Ford was never elected to run for "re-election" to start with. If you have to go back 80 years to the worst economic disaster ever to find a case of an incumbant being dumped, you have to realize what an uphill climb Romney has.

Forum List

Back