Demographics- Obama's Real Best Friend

No, you have organizations for that all right. BUt usualy they are for either 1) Promoting the interests of the wealthy over working folks or 2) Keeping the working folks at each others throats- i.e. the TEA Party, the Moral Majority, etc.

The thing is, the issues that minorities are affected by are the same ones that effect white folks in teh working class.

It's the old joke- A Koch Brother, a Teabagger and a Union guy go into a resturant, and the waiter brings out 10 cookies. The Koch brother gobbles down nine and says to the Teabagger, "Hey, that guy wants your cookie!"

Sorry, dip-shit.

If you had half a brain you'd know that the Tea Party is not a race based organization. It's open to everyone.

Didn't say it was, but reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

No, not even the GOP is trying to play the race card anymore. They used to. Now they are playing the resentment card. That Government worker got to keep his pension and health care! How dare he!

Instead of demanding that, hey, private sector workers should get pensions and health care, too.

So what you're saying is we need to divide everyone along racial and class lines to appeal to them?

Sorry, I have to say once again.....the GOP doesn't do that.

Can you understand why????

The next election will turn on, not how much people like Romney, but how much they dislike obama. ?

Bzzzzzz- Wrong!

If being unpopular was enough to get you out the door, we'd be at the end of President Kerry's second term right now. People really didn't like George W. Bush that much. His approval rating in November 2004 was at 53%, and Obama's right now is at 48%.

You have to get someone people really like to vote out an incumbant.

Romney just isn't likeable. Weird Religion, slimy business practices, a habit of making embarrassing gaffes and he likes to torture his dog. Yeah, not really seeing a winner here.

The problem with Democrats is they have so many special interest groups with conflicting needs that they can't give them all what they want. Somebody gets the shaft.

But what the left does is take advantage of something like this Trayvan Martin shit or illegal immigration never lifting a finger to solve what caused it.....mostly because solving it makes their party irrelevant.

So they play like they're minorities friends yet they really their worst enemy.

So what you're saying is we need to divide everyone along racial and class lines to appeal to them?

Sorry, Maybe you missed the part where Reagan talked about "Welfare Queens" and Bush-41 put up the scary Willie Horton ads and Jesse Helms used the "White Hands" ad to complain about affirmative action when his opponent was an accomplished black man or Corker put up the "Playboy Mansion" ad to appeal to fears about interracial dating. So please, please, please do not try to tell me with a fucking straight face the GOP does not engage in racial politics as much as the Democrats do.

As far as class lines, the Republicans do that crap, too. Except they try to convice people the only thing that is keeping small businessmen from getting rich is those mean old government people demanding they pay a decent wage and provide a safe workplace.

It's friggen amazing you would say the GOP plays the resentment card when that's just about the only card that Democrats have that works anymore.

They sure as hell don't have any answers.

The problem with Democrats is they have so many special interest groups with conflicting needs that they can't give them all what they want. Somebody gets the shaft.

But what the left does is take advantage of something like this Trayvan Martin shit or illegal immigration never lifting a finger to solve what caused it.....mostly because solving it makes their party irrelevant.

The problem with Republicans is that every few years, they have to stop doing the bidding of multi-national corporations and try to speak "Peasent" for a few months... The "God Guns and Gays" bullshit works less well every year.

Romney eating Cheezy Grits... classic.

It's friggen amazing you would say the GOP plays the resentment card when that's just about the only card that Democrats have that works anymore.

They sure as hell don't have any answers.

I think both parties play the "resentment" card because it's easier than playing the "leadership" card.

The leadership card would demand better of people.

Sorry, Maybe you missed the part where Reagan talked about "Welfare Queens" and Bush-41 put up the scary Willie Horton ads and Jesse Helms used the "White Hands" ad to complain about affirmative action when his opponent was an accomplished black man or Corker put up the "Playboy Mansion" ad to appeal to fears about interracial dating. So please, please, please do not try to tell me with a fucking straight face the GOP does not engage in racial politics as much as the Democrats do.

As far as class lines, the Republicans do that crap, too. Except they try to convice people the only thing that is keeping small businessmen from getting rich is those mean old government people demanding they pay a decent wage and provide a safe workplace.

So you have to go back 20 or 30 years to talk about dead white guys in relation to today's issues.

Why don't we talk about the crusades or the Spanish Inquisition in relation to Christianity.

And I'm sure if you want to you can attach racism to anything if your imagination is vivid enough.

If you want to talk about reality, try owning or starting up a business today. See how much help the government is to you. I did, and all they did was accuse me of criminal activity even though they were at fault. The problem is the laws and the regulations are so confusing it's difficult not to go astray. They are so confusing that the county license office doesn't even know what the state requirements are anymore because they keep changing.

Last edited:

So you have to go back 20 or 30 years to talk about dead white guys in relation to today's issues.

Why don't we talk about the crusades or the Spanish Inquisition in relation to Christianity.

And I'm sure if you want to you can attach racism to anything if your imagination is vivid enough.

If you want to talk about reality, try owning or starting up a business today. See how much help the government is to you. I did, and all they did was accuse me of criminal activity even though they were at fault. The problem is the laws and the regulations are so confusing it's difficult not to go astray. They are so confusing that the county license office doesn't even know what the state requirements are anymore because they keep changing.

The thing with the playboy mansion was back in 2006. And last time I checked, George H.W. Bush was still very much alive.

So you have a sad story about how you got on teh wrong side of a government bureaucrat. :eusa_boohoo:

The GOP didn't stop the bad behavior because they realized it was wrong, they stopped the bad behavior because they could no longer get away with it.

The problem with Republicans is that every few years, they have to stop doing the bidding of multi-national corporations and try to speak "Peasent" for a few months... The "God Guns and Gays" bullshit works less well every year.

Romney eating Cheezy Grits... classic.

Yeah, it sucks to have a country where businesses of any size can actually hope to be successful.

Maybe they need to move somewheres else to do that now.

Talking about flat-earthers....you're one of them.

Yeah, it sucks to have a country where businesses of any size can actually hope to be successful.

Again, the reason why we are in this mess is because morons like you went along with the big corporations when they destroyed the middle class.

No middle class- no spending. No spending- no business.

Simple enough, but you guys are the ones who think, "Yup, let's save .01 a part by moving that production to China!"

The thing with the playboy mansion was back in 2006. And last time I checked, George H.W. Bush was still very much alive.

So you have a sad story about how you got on teh wrong side of a government bureaucrat. :eusa_boohoo:

The GOP didn't stop the bad behavior because they realized it was wrong, they stopped the bad behavior because they could no longer get away with it.

You didn't mention George H.W. Bush in your post.

And if you want to be realistic instead of some fucken asshole you might want to know what businesses have to deal with out there. State and federal agents going through your files looking for mistakes. Within 4 months after Obama got in office the IRS audited my Western Union account.....and guess what they talked about while they were rifling through my files????

Barack Obama.

The next election will turn on, not how much people like Romney, but how much they dislike obama. ?

Bzzzzzz- Wrong!

If being unpopular was enough to get you out the door, we'd be at the end of President Kerry's second term right now. People really didn't like George W. Bush that much. His approval rating in November 2004 was at 53%, and Obama's right now is at 48%.

Romney just isn't likeable. Weird Religion, slimy business practices, a habit of making embarrassing gaffes and he likes to torture his dog. Yeah, not really seeing a winner here.

Despite that Bush was disliked, which itself was mostly liberal hype. People were generally doing pretty well. To get to the point where people are in real and very personal pain, you have to go all the way back to Jimmy Carter. Pictures of Bush looking like a chimpanzee didn't have quite the same effect as waiting for hours in a gas line only to find out the station was sold out by the time you limped to the pump. Carter's solution to the oil shortage was to tell people to put on a sweater. obama tells them to buy a new car.

If you remember the times, Reagan was not a particularly popular candidate. He had already failed in a presidential bid. Democratic polls consistently had Carter ahead. Reagan was too old. Too out of touch. Too rich. Carter was the "common man". Carter was a farmer and he cared. After all, didn't he tell people to put on a sweater!

Reagan won, which came as a supreme surprise, in a landslide. Not because he was perceived as a great man, that came much later. He won because Carter was so despised there was no way he could possibly have won. The media and the democrats never realized that. They never quite got it. They don't today.

Again, the reason why we are in this mess is because morons like you went along with the big corporations when they destroyed the middle class.

No middle class- no spending. No spending- no business.

Simple enough, but you guys are the ones who think, "Yup, let's save .01 a part by moving that production to China!"

Wow.....I'm in the Middle-Class. I don't feel destroyed. I feel pinched, but not destroyed.

I don't see any destroyed Middle-Class, numb-nuts, not from big business.

I see rising gas prices which effect food prices which effect my bottom-line, and I see a president that says "Tough Shit...I can't do anything....I have no Silver Bullet".....like the problem is a Ware wolf that you can kill. Well he is killing something.....the economy.

Maybe he thinks our economy is something he can kill. It's a big, ugly, hairy thing that needs to die.

Last edited:

Bzzzzzz- Wrong!

Despite that Bush was disliked, which itself was mostly liberal hype. People were generally doing pretty well. To get to the point where people are in real and very personal pain, you have to go all the way back to Jimmy Carter. Pictures of Bush looking like a chimpanzee didn't have quite the same effect as waiting for hours in a gas line only to find out the station was sold out by the time you limped to the pump. Carter's solution to the oil shortage was to tell people to put on a sweater. obama tells them to buy a new car.

If you remember the times, Reagan was not a particularly popular candidate. He had already failed in a presidential bid. Democratic polls consistently had Carter ahead. Reagan was too old. Too out of touch. Too rich. Carter was the "common man". Carter was a farmer and he cared. After all, didn't he tell people to put on a sweater!

Reagan won, which came as a supreme surprise, in a landslide. Not because he was perceived as a great man, that came much later. He won because Carter was so despised there was no way he could possibly have won. The media and the democrats never realized that. They never quite got it. They don't today.

Carter was a stuck-up asshole.

Obama will win in November, not because of much that happens on the campaign, but because of Demographics. Demographics are destiny in politics, really.

The advent of our current two parties really starts with the election of 1860, when the new Republican Party nominated Abraham Lincoln, and established the demographic model. The GOP was dominant in the cities and the North, the Democrats in the rural areas and the South. As a result, the Republicans won all but four of the elections that occurred between 1860 and 1928. The ones the Democrats won (1884, 1892, 1912 and 1916) they barely won by the skin of their teeth. The 13 the GOP won, they often won decisively, with few exceptions like 1876 and 1888.

The shift came with the Great Depression, and lots of urban folks re-identifying with the Democrats, who got right with the common man. Between 1932 and 1964, Republicans won only two elections. (1952 and 1956). IN that case, they won with a War Hero who pretty much conceded the Democrats were right on economic issues. They won the other 7 elections, often by lanslides.

The next shift came in 1968, when the White Middle Class saw their kids all turn into hippies, and shifted to the REpublicans. Once again, Republicans were dominant. They won 5 of the six elections between 1968 and 1988, usually by landslides. The Democrats had lost middle America by becoming the party of easy morals and weak defense. The only one they won was in 1976 (barely) and that was when an unelected incumbant pardoned the last guy who resigned in disgrace.

The last shift was in 1992. Ross Perot peeled off a large chunk of the middle class and they never really came back to the GOP. Minorities became a larger chunck of the electorate, making the GOP uncompetitive in certain states. In that time period, Democrats outright won three elections (1992, 1996 and 2008), and won the popular vote in a fourth. (2000) The only reason the GOP won the 2004 election was because the courts gave them a mulligan in 2000, there was a war going on (we never change presidents in the middle of a war) and even then, Bush only beat a weak John Kerry by 51-49.

The GOP has an uphill climb because it really has to change the Demographics. It has to convince working folks that they are not the party of the guy who lays you off, they have to win over minorities. (Keep in mind, McCain won the white vote in 2008, it was minorities that put Obama over the top.)

Romney is not the guy to do this.

You are missing the part in the mid sixties where conservatives fled the Democratic Party and swelled the ranks of the Republican Party which is why it's 90% white today.

While it is (sadly) still possible that President Obama will win a second tem, it is not all that likely.

Demographics will not trump his hideous performance.

Gas prices and moronic decisions in conflict with reality and our collective desires and needs will trump demographics.

President Obama is getting more and more viewed by the electorate as a light weight and as a mistake. We will not want to repeat this particular mistake.

He has been and he remains a terrible President. He's in over his head. He truly sucks and the people are taking note of that fact.

Last edited:
obama's worst domestic mistake is clinging to his green energy program. He is telling people without ba job, struggling to put enough gas in the car to get to the grocery store to pay inflated prices for less food to buy a new car. A new car to advance HIS VISION of alternative energy. If they suffer for HIM today, in 50 or 100 years we'll be independent of oil.

Worker's are not stupid people. They know when the government has interfered with the company's ability to conduct business and they lose their jobs. They don't blame the employer who has lost just as much if not more than they have. The worker's paradise comes from those who have never worked and have no intention of working.

Forum List

Back