Democrats will rule for Years to come

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Democrats will rule for Years to come

Why, because It is a given the Economy will recover in the next few Years, and because Obama says he will "SAVE or Create" Jobs, nobody will ever be able to conclusively say if this Stimulus Bill worked or did not.

Republicans will continue to try and move to the Center, and thereby lose more of their core supporters.

The Teflon Dems will come out of all this with out anything sticking to them, and with the help of their pals in the Media will convince most Americans their polices worked.

Like what you have seen in DC recently? I hope so get used to it.

^^^^^
Pessimist.

More like Realist.

People in general are to Ignorant about how our Economy works. Obama will convince them his policies saved us all. The media will play along with him, and Republicans will continue to behave like Democrat light.

Therefore I see no light at the end of this tunnel.

^^^^^
Pessimist.

More like Realist.

People in general are to Ignorant about how our Economy works. Obama will convince them his policies saved us all. The media will play along with him, and Republicans will continue to behave like Democrat light.

The typical recession lasts less than 9 months.
You are probably right, he'll get credit for fixing this one after exacerbating it for 2 years.

^^^^^
Pessimist.

More like Realist.

The typical recession lasts less than 9 months.
You are probably right, he'll get credit for fixing this one after exacerbating it for 2 years.

It's a lock, believe it.

I mean all he has to say is I saved Jobs. Of course it will be impossible to prove if this Bill saved Jobs, But people will buy it.

That's probably true. I personally blame the GOP. I seriously doubt I will ever vote for a member of the GOP in my lifetime. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

you would be right except for one thing....i think the dems will get greedy and overplay their hand and piss off the center......and the center will elect centrists......if the gop moves center that would be fine with me....my hope is that a new conservative party emerges and we end up in a true three party system......

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I'm not so sure that any credit Obama might get for "saving the economy" will be enough to keep Dems in power after the next election cycle. This so called stimulus bill will take two years to unfold and as the public starts to see the details of the plan they're going to realize that they were sold a pig in a poke. As things like the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board start getting scrutiny, people are going to start to be reminded of Hugo Chavez and Castro. Couple that with the Census grab and things start to look scary.

you would be right except for one thing....i think the dems will get greedy and overplay their hand and piss off the center......and the center will elect centrists......if the gop moves center that would be fine with me....my hope is that a new conservative party emerges and we end up in a true three party system......

A true three party system, where all three parties are reasonably equal in representation, would be an absolute disaster. We don't have a parliamentary system. If you split Congress between three parties, getting anything accomplished, good or bad, would be next to impossible. On top of that, it is very likely that no presidential candidate would get a majority of electoral votes, sending the final decision to the House of Representatives. You could easily find the person with the least amount of votes being chosen rather than elected.

Of course, the Constitution could be change to require a runoff between the top two candidates, so there is room to make adjustments. I just don't see it happening though, and I'm not sure it really would be a good thing.

Another thing that you are not taking into account is the ever increasing deficit. At some point, decent economy or not, someone will have to answer for the deficit.

Another thing that you are not taking into account is the ever increasing deficit. At some point, decent economy or not, someone will have to answer for the deficit.

You mean for example the trillions that we had before Obama became president?

Auditor, mind telling me who was the last President in the 30 or so years to have a surplus?

A true three party system, where all three parties are reasonably equal in representation, would be an absolute disaster. We don't have a parliamentary system. If you split Congress between three parties, getting anything accomplished, good or bad, would be next to impossible. On top of that, it is very likely that no presidential candidate would get a majority of electoral votes, sending the final decision to the House of Representatives. You could easily find the person with the least amount of votes being chosen rather than elected.

Of course, the Constitution could be change to require a runoff between the top two candidates, so there is room to make adjustments. I just don't see it happening though, and I'm not sure it really would be a good thing.

yea you are right it works just fine the way it is..what was i thinking......

Won't have to worry about that, the GOP will be dead within 50 years and a new party will take it's place as the 2nd biggest party. This party will either be the Conservative faction of the current Republican party or the Religious faction of the current GOP; personally I think the religious faction has more people so it will be that one probably.

Though here's what I wonder: When's the last time the Republicans offered up an actual Conservative as a Presidential Candidate?

Won't have to worry about that, the GOP will be dead within 50 years and a new party will take it's place as the 2nd biggest party. This party will either be the Conservative faction of the current Republican party or the Religious faction of the current GOP; personally I think the religious faction has more people so it will be that one probably.

Though here's what I wonder: When's the last time the Republicans offered up an actual Conservative as a Presidential Candidate?

interesting when carter got elected that was the prediction....same when clinton got in......then when reagan won that was the end of the dems.....americans have a short memory and attention span......as i said i would love to see a strong third party......but we are all too black and white for that.....but hey we are only a couple of hundred years old...there is still time to grow up....

interesting when carter got elected that was the prediction....same when clinton got in......then when reagan won that was the end of the dems.....americans have a short memory and attention span......as i said i would love to see a strong third party......but we are all too black and white for that.....but hey we are only a couple of hundred years old...there is still time to grow up....

I wasn't around then but you're forgetting a few factors.

1.) Certain areas of the U.S. are tossing out any Republican congresspeople unless they are moderate. Example: The North East.

2.) The religious part of the Right wing has grown bigger now more then ever, especially with issues like Abortion, Gay Marriage, Stem Cell Research, etc now growing more then ever.

3.) Republicans are stuck in the past and not utilizing tools available such as the internet.

4.) You forget, Clinton was elected; soon after we had a Republican congress.

5.) The new third party won't be the third party for long; many people in this thread for example will be going to this new party when it comes into existence because they can no longer stand the GOP.

The Republicans haven't offered up a Conservative Candidate in a very long time.

McCain, Bush 43, Dole, Bush 41 were all not Conservatives.
Reagan wasn't a Conservative (least spending wise).

So you have to go further back.

I wasn't around then but you're forgetting a few factors.

1.) Certain areas of the U.S. are tossing out any Republican congresspeople unless they are moderate. Example: The North East.

2.) The religious part of the Right wing has grown bigger now more then ever, especially with issues like Abortion, Gay Marriage, Stem Cell Research, etc now growing more then ever.

3.) Republicans are stuck in the past and not utilizing tools available such as the internet.

4.) You forget, Clinton was elected; soon after we had a Republican congress.

5.) The new third party won't be the third party for long; many people in this thread for example will be going to this new party when it comes into existence because they can no longer stand the GOP.

The Republicans haven't offered up a Conservative Candidate in a very long time.

McCain, Bush 43, Dole, Bush 41 were all not Conservatives.
Reagan wasn't a Conservative (least spending wise).

So you have to go further back.

i don't see a far left and far right party working for long....granted neither may be that but the middle elects presidents....ech party swings the pendulam and i can't remeber the last time we voted for a president ..... every election i can remember has been all about not voting for the other guy....

Auditor, mind telling me who was the last President in the 30 or so years to have a surplus?

If Obama is around for eight years, the deficit will be $20 trillion by then end of his second term. He will be responsible for half the national debt, just as Bush is now. The only difference is that we will be paying interest on another $10 trillion, which will balloon future budgets even more. To add to this, SS surpluses are dwindling away, so there won't be extra money to use toward the general fund.

Unless SS and Medicaid are completely revamped, and other spending is cut reasonbly, everyone in this country will be paying an additional 10% minimum in taxes within a very short time. There won't be any way around it.

Whether you are a Dem or Republican, or whatever you are, it doesn't matter. The past is done with, and now we better figure out how we're going to handle the future. As of this moment, we've just added trillions more to our debt. I'd say we're getting off to a very bad start.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

If Obama is around for eight years, the deficit will be $20 trillion by then end of his second term. He will be responsible for half the national debt, just as Bush is now. The only difference is that we will be paying interest on another $10 trillion, which will balloon future budgets even more. To add to this, SS surpluses are dwindling away, so there won't be extra money to use toward the general fund.

Unless SS and Medicaid are completely revamped, and other spending is cut reasonbly, everyone in this country will be paying an additional 10% minimum in taxes within a very short time. There won't be any way around it.

Whether you are a Dem or Republican, or whatever you are, it doesn't matter. The past is done with, and now we better figure out how we're going to handle the future. As of this moment, we've just added trillions more to our debt. I'd say we're getting off to a very bad start.

they are going to nationalize your 401k and profit sharing......

nationalized 401k - Google Search

Forum List

Back