Democrats will rule for Years to come

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Charles_Main, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Democrats will rule for Years to come

Why, because It is a given the Economy will recover in the next few Years, and because Obama says he will "SAVE or Create" Jobs, nobody will ever be able to conclusively say if this Stimulus Bill worked or did not.

Republicans will continue to try and move to the Center, and thereby lose more of their core supporters.

The Teflon Dems will come out of all this with out anything sticking to them, and with the help of their pals in the Media will convince most Americans their polices worked.

Like what you have seen in DC recently? I hope so get used to it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    ^^^^^
    Pessimist.

3. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    More like Realist.

People in general are to Ignorant about how our Economy works. Obama will convince them his policies saved us all. The media will play along with him, and Republicans will continue to behave like Democrat light.

Therefore I see no light at the end of this tunnel.

4. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    The typical recession lasts less than 9 months.
    You are probably right, he'll get credit for fixing this one after exacerbating it for 2 years.

5. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    It's a lock, believe it.

I mean all he has to say is I saved Jobs. Of course it will be impossible to prove if this Bill saved Jobs, But people will buy it.

6. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    That's probably true. I personally blame the GOP. I seriously doubt I will ever vote for a member of the GOP in my lifetime. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    you would be right except for one thing....i think the dems will get greedy and overplay their hand and piss off the center......and the center will elect centrists......if the gop moves center that would be fine with me....my hope is that a new conservative party emerges and we end up in a true three party system......

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  8. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    I'm not so sure that any credit Obama might get for "saving the economy" will be enough to keep Dems in power after the next election cycle. This so called stimulus bill will take two years to unfold and as the public starts to see the details of the plan they're going to realize that they were sold a pig in a poke. As things like the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board start getting scrutiny, people are going to start to be reminded of Hugo Chavez and Castro. Couple that with the Census grab and things start to look scary.

9. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    A true three party system, where all three parties are reasonably equal in representation, would be an absolute disaster. We don't have a parliamentary system. If you split Congress between three parties, getting anything accomplished, good or bad, would be next to impossible. On top of that, it is very likely that no presidential candidate would get a majority of electoral votes, sending the final decision to the House of Representatives. You could easily find the person with the least amount of votes being chosen rather than elected.

Of course, the Constitution could be change to require a runoff between the top two candidates, so there is room to make adjustments. I just don't see it happening though, and I'm not sure it really would be a good thing.

10. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Another thing that you are not taking into account is the ever increasing deficit. At some point, decent economy or not, someone will have to answer for the deficit.