Democrats taking American jobs hostage again

You cure cancer by attacking the cancer not by cutting out random organs.

The defense budget has many social programs in it. Because that was the only way Dems would sign off on it.

I also consider this as political grandstanding.

PAY THE FUCKING BILLS.

From my last link:

The Virginia Manufacturers Association says across-the-board defense cuts would cost Virginia 115,000 jobs.

The report, prepared by National Association of Manufacturers says cuts would be felt deeply across the Commonwealth, especially with navigation manufacturers in central Virginia, information technology companies in Northern Virginia, aerospace firms in Southern Virginia and shipbuilders in Hampton Roads.

"It's not just the impact on the Tier 1 defense contractors," said Virginia Manufacturers Association chief executive Brett Vassey. "It's the rolling boulder down through the Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers as well as the chilling economic effects on these companies and the communities in which they operate that is potentially devastating.

These are not social programs. Now admittedly the cuts would save money but at what cost? Cuts do indeed need to be made but targeting the cuts to non essential programs should be on the top of the list first.

We can't afford it.

:eusa_hand:

Nope the republicans engineered all this as an election year scare tactic and it is backfiring on them. For some reason people are just not as unthinkingly frightened as republicans would like them to be.

Even this democrat says it was they that set this up and the part about, 'backfiring,' yes, it will:

John Boehner: Democrats Willing to ‘Tank Our Economy’ : Roll Call News

John Boehner: Democrats Willing to ‘Tank Our Economy’

* By Jonathan Strong
* Roll Call Staff
* July 16, 2012, 3:11 p.m.

Speaker John Boehner charged Democrats today with being willing to “tank our economy” to secure a “small business tax hike” in response to vows by top Democrats that they will use scheduled defense spending cuts as leverage on taxes.

“Has it come to this, that Democrats are willing to hurt jobs and tank our economy for the sake of a small business tax hike that would also have disastrous consequences?” Boehner said in a written statement.

Senate Democrats said they see no political downside to leaving the issue of $1.2 trillion in automatic spending to both defense and domestic accounts until after the November elections, as they try to use the cuts as leverage with Republicans to negotiate on tax increases on the wealthy

“We structured the sequester in a way that would be more comfortable for us than for Republicans,” a senior Senate Democratic aide said, referring to the cuts by their technical name. The cuts, which are set to begin next year, are nearly evenly split between defense and domestic spending but do not affect Democratic priorities, such as Social Security and Medicaid.

“Instead of threatening to derail our economy, Democrats ought to help protect job creators from the president’s small business tax hike. Most Americans want Congress to stop all the tax hikes, and that is exactly what the House will vote to do,” Boehner said.

The defense budget has many social programs in it. Because that was the only way Dems would sign off on it.

PAY THE FUCKING BILLS.

From my last link:

The Virginia Manufacturers Association says across-the-board defense cuts would cost Virginia 115,000 jobs.

The report, prepared by National Association of Manufacturers says cuts would be felt deeply across the Commonwealth, especially with navigation manufacturers in central Virginia, information technology companies in Northern Virginia, aerospace firms in Southern Virginia and shipbuilders in Hampton Roads.

"It's not just the impact on the Tier 1 defense contractors," said Virginia Manufacturers Association chief executive Brett Vassey. "It's the rolling boulder down through the Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers as well as the chilling economic effects on these companies and the communities in which they operate that is potentially devastating.

These are not social programs. Now admittedly the cuts would save money but at what cost? Cuts do indeed need to be made but targeting the cuts to non essential programs should be on the top of the list first.

We can't afford it.

Not to change the subject but we couldn't afford the ACA either but that didn't stop them did it?

From my last link:

We can't afford it.

Not to change the subject but we couldn't afford the ACA either but that didn't stop them did it?

Last I checked, the ACA lowers our deficit. Which means, it pays for itself and them some.

You cure cancer by attacking the cancer not by cutting out random organs.

PAY THE FUCKING BILLS.

From my last link:

This is the whole amusing factor behind the Military industrial complex. You spread out the work force so regardless of what happens it will affect someones job and therefore create a issue like this.

you fell for the trap Gramps. The GOP doesn't give a shit about jobs, NOR do the Democrats. This is all political football.

From my last link:

We can't afford it.

sure we could afford it, but to afford it you need to make cuts and restructure out government. Thats the problem we face. We could really afford most of everything if we got rid of a lot of redundant programs and cut meaningless bullshit.

Et me put it to you this way. About a year ago i read a story that said Medicare had about 100 billion is double charges etc. Meaning about 100 Billion in waste. Thats that one program alone. You dont think the military doesn't have the same issue? Or other programs?

If you get billed twice for Nails, when you only ordered one set, do you not raise hell to get it removed? Our government doesn't.

If republicans won't agree to tax the middle class and rich defense cuts will cost up to 2 million jobs and across the board tax increases.

Democrats.....

Didn't you get the memo? This is what libroid democraps call "compromise." You either compromise to the way THEY want to do it, OR NOT AT ALL. That's their compromise. Mother fucking shit stains.

After 3 years Obama has not been able to fix or even come close to fixing the jobs issue. Why to people thing that during the election year he suddenly has this inspiration that he now knows what to do. He back ground does not lend it self to knowing anything about job creation. Woops I forgot Obama care is going to increase the IRS by 16,000 workers to collect the fine, I mean tax on those who can't afford it to begin with.

If republicans won't agree to tax the middle class and rich defense cuts will cost up to 2 million jobs and across the board tax increases.

Democrats.....

Didn't you get the memo? This is what libroid democraps call "compromise." You either compromise to the way THEY want to do it, OR NOT AT ALL. That's their compromise. Mother fucking shit stains.

You are not seriously right?

Democrats.....

You are not seriously right?

It is quite normal to get that level of projection when the topic of obstructionism comes up. Maybe if I was interested enough I would search for one the several topics I remember where compromise was branded a dirty filthy commie concept.

Well its more to the point that he is saying this while the gop says they wont raise taxes. Then we can point to the debt ceiling debate where the right held the world economy hostage.

Well its more to the point that he is saying this while the gop says they wont raise taxes. Then we can point to the debt ceiling debate where the right held the world economy hostage.

I am still not convinced they were aware of the gravity of the situation we were in. It also seems that no republican is capable of remembering back that far to just how damaging it was to their party, never mind the nation and the world, but it's not like that is ever their primary consideration. Now we have to defuse the time bomb they built to go off during an election year for no other reason than to make Obama look bad.

These people don't even rememeber last week and what they said or did....they don't care

After 3 years Obama has not been able to fix or even come close to fixing the jobs issue. Why to people thing that during the election year he suddenly has this inspiration that he now knows what to do. He back ground does not lend it self to knowing anything about job creation. Woops I forgot Obama care is going to increase the IRS by 16,000 workers to collect the fine, I mean tax on those who can't afford it to begin with.

Many economic observers have recently exonerated international trade flows for the hemorrhaging job losses in the manufacturing sector of the United States, generally claiming that either changing demand patterns or rapid productivity growth are the cause of manufacturing’s decline. But the evidence shows that trade imbalances in manufacturing have accounted for 59% of the decline in manufacturing employment since 1998. A close examination of net imports, demand for manufactured goods, and productivity growth reveals that these three factors influence the U.S. manufacturing industry in the following ways:

• U.S. consumers and businesses have not shifted their purchasing away from manufactured goods. In fact, demand for manufactured goods as a share of total demand in the United States has actually grown over the past 10 years.

• The rising trade deficit has led to an unprecedented divergence between domestic manufacturing output and demand. Domestic output is now just 76.5% of domestic demand, nearly 14% less than the 1987 to 1997 average. Raising output closer to this previous relationship with demand (around 90%) would generate millions of jobs in manufacturing.

• The rising trade deficit in manufactured goods accounts for about 58% of the decline in manufacturing employment between 1998 and 2003 and 34% of the decline from 2000 to 2003. This translates into about 1.78 million jobs since 1998 and 935,000 jobs since 2000 that have been lost due to rising net manufactured imports.

The manufacturing sector lost more than three million jobs between 1998 and 2003, with 2.7 million lost since the immediate pre-recession year of 2000. Roughly coinciding with this manufacturing employment loss, the trade deficit in manufactured goods increased by over $230 billion. The synchronicity of large-scale manufacturing job loss and growing trade deficits has led to a debate about whether international trade flows have contributed to the loss of manufacturing jobs.
http://www.epi.org/publication/briefingpapers_bp149/

See the reason? Now I doubt that Mittens can do better.

Last edited:
Government can't make jobs. We need to outsource our military to China. Which was probably the Republican Plan all along.

Forum List

Back