Democrats.. Stuck with Obama

Rightwinger we go through this everytime you talk about the right has no candidate. You and I knw it's too early for a 2012 republican candidate. Tell us when Obama became the forerunner of the democrats candidates? I will be waiting for your answer. :lol:

The Democrats had multiple candidates at this time four years ago. Hillary, Gore, Edwards. Obama was not an unknown. He made the biggest impact at the 2004 convention and was a known up and comer.

I ask again...who are the republican candidates? Who is the next big thing?
Let's see if I can make my question a little clearer. WHEN DID OBAMA BECOME THE FORERUNNER OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY'S CANDIDATE?

Obama took the lead in February 2008. However he was known as a rising Democratic star as early as August 2004.
How early was McCain known as a republican frontrunner? We are three years out and candidates start running for office a year from now. Who is maneuvering for position for the republicans? Who is their newest star? Who is the next to get his ass kicked by Obama?

Republicans are stuck with the same tired message from the Newt Gingrich years. They have shown they will viciously attack anyone who veers from that message. America has heard that message since 2006 and soundly rejected it.

God....it sucks being a republican

The Democrats had multiple candidates at this time four years ago. Hillary, Gore, Edwards. Obama was not an unknown. He made the biggest impact at the 2004 convention and was a known up and comer.

I ask again...who are the republican candidates? Who is the next big thing?
Let's see if I can make my question a little clearer. WHEN DID OBAMA BECOME THE FORERUNNER OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY'S CANDIDATE?

Obama took the lead in February 2008. However he was known as a rising Democratic star as early as August 2004.
How early was McCain known as a republican frontrunner? We are three years out and candidates start running for office a year from now. Who is maneuvering for position for the republicans? Who is their newest star? Who is the next to get his ass kicked by Obama?

Republicans are stuck with the same tired message from the Newt Gingrich years. They have shown they will viciously attack anyone who veers from that message. America has heard that message since 2006 and soundly rejected it.

:lol:, finally.....Feb of 2008, that is like 8-9 months before the primary. So get over it, Rightwinger, when it's Feb of 2012, then your drivel might have some relevance. Until then it's just irrelevant drivel.
Just like the democrats in the last 2 elections, it's not so much about them, but how the republicans screwed up. Now, it's not so much about the republicans, but how much the democrats are screwing up. Keep making the same mistakes, and we should see the same results. :eusa_whistle:

:lol:, finally.....Feb of 2008, that is like 8-9 months before the primary. So get over it, Rightwinger, when it's Feb of 2012, then your drivel might have some relevance. Until then it's just irrelevant drivel.
Just like the democrats in the last 2 elections, it's not so much about them, but how the republicans screwed up. Now, it's not so much about the republicans, but how much the democrats are screwing up. Keep making the same mistakes, and we should see the same results. :eusa_whistle:

Obama was still known at this time four years ago. Who is the republican waiting in the wings?
Palin?
Romney?
Huckabee?
Pawlenty?

None of them can even to convince their own party they are worthwhile contenders. Republicans are in disarray and getting worse. The economy is recovering, healthcare will pass

God...it sucks being a republican

Obama was still known at this time four years ago. Who is the republican waiting in the wings?
Palin?
Romney?
Huckabee?
Pawlenty?

None of them can even to convince their own party they are worthwhile contenders. Republicans are in disarray and getting worse. The economy is recovering, healthcare will pass

You are really being dense...maybe on purpose, I don't know.
Perhaps one of the names of a govenor will come to light, maybe a congressman will come forward that we all know....rightwinger, it's too early. But, in 2004 Obama wasn't on the radar for being a presidential candidate. Can that sink into your skull, or not?
But, do your candidate trolling if you want, it just makes you look , eh, should I say stupid?

Palin?
Romney?
Huckabee?
Pawlenty?

Perhaps one of the names of a govenor will come to light, maybe a congressman will come forward that we all know....rightwinger, it's too early. But, in 2004 Obama wasn't on the radar for being a presidential candidate. Can that sink into your skull, or not?
But, do your candidate trolling if you want, it just makes you look , eh, should I say stupid?

The point is my friend that the topic of this thread is the Democrats are stuck with Obama....You bet your ass we are .....we couldn't be happier

And who are the republicans stuck with? The answer is...they have no clue
What is their message? Their message is "WE voted NO"

As you have so rightfully pointed out, the republicans are banking on the economy to fail. That is their only hope. Well, as I have already posted, the economy is not failing...it is showing recovery

Palin?
Romney?
Huckabee?
Pawlenty?

The point is my friend that the topic of this thread is the Democrats are stuck with Obama....You bet your ass we are .....we couldn't be happier

As you have so rightfully pointed out, the republicans are banking on the economy to fail. That is their only hope. Well, as I have already posted, the economy is not failing...it is showing recovery

You are dense, I'm not banking on the economy rw. The economy will turn around on this recession, it always does. I'm banking on the debt, and the stupid policies that will create the debt...that's what I'm banking on. The majority of Americans see this as a big issue, also.
Once again I probably need to tell you that I'm not a republican, rw. Just a concerned American.

Obama.. all sizzle... no steak... yet willing to literaly steal the steak from my children and their.. children's ..children..

Obama and the Democratic party are like financial child molesters.

You are dense, I'm not banking on the economy rw. The economy will turn around on this recession, it always does. I'm banking on the debt, and the stupid policies that will create the debt...that's what I'm banking on. The majority of Americans see this as a big issue, also. Once again I probably need to tell you that I'm not a republican, rw. Just a concerned American.

Sure they do....thats how our three presidents who ran up the largest debt (FDR,Reagan and Bush) ALL got reelected

Jimmy Carter reduced national debt...how did that work out for him?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the republican candidate is?????

Republicans have no candidates, no message and no funding

The worst news of all is that the economy is recovering faster than anticipated. Means another landslide for the Democrats while the conservative and moderate republicans fight for the future of the no longer Grand Old Party

You know, RW, if the Moderate Republicans and the conservative Wing split--I would seriously think about becoming a Republican(moderate).

In fact, a part of me wish they would split. Democrat versus Republican versus Conservative elections seem to suggest more choices.

Understand, the Dems would probably lose their Blue dogs and some middle of the roader(probably suck up the green party) and the Conservative party may end up joining forces with the American libertarians Party(that would probably ground the Conservatives)

Then the Middle is then Republican territory!! Then the term "extremists" would refer to left/right wingers and we could play the ends against each other and squeak to victory by tailoring our campaigns as being rationale and result oriented. No more RINO hunts(hey, would not the conservatives then become RINO's??) No more silly political games--except in the cases needed to achieve power. The nutters banished to the fringes!!!

OH BOO HOO HOO
I DREAM TOO MUCH!!!​

You are dense, I'm not banking on the economy rw. The economy will turn around on this recession, it always does. I'm banking on the debt, and the stupid policies that will create the debt...that's what I'm banking on. The majority of Americans see this as a big issue, also. Once again I probably need to tell you that I'm not a republican, rw. Just a concerned American.

Sure they do....thats how our three presidents who ran up the largest debt (FDR,Reagan and Bush) ALL got reelected

Now I have to call you ignorant. carter? Look at what happened under carter...only an ignorant baffoon would have said what you did, :lol: Sorry rightwinger I just had to say it, and I apologize to you for saying.
Look at the debt we have now, and your bringing up the past presidents who helped with the debt, and now it's OK under your messiah? I laugh at you. I don't know what will happen in 2012, it's just too far away, but next year might be a bit of a surprise to you...just sayin...

No one had even heard of Obama before the election. He was a no body and he won because America was tired of Bush not necessarily the republicans.. There are good republicans and bad ones same for democrats or independants.

The same thing can happen in the next election. You would be surprised at just how fast money comes pouring in when people get sick of a president.

Now I have to call you ignorant. carter? Look at what happened under carter...only an ignorant baffoon would have said what you did, :lol: Sorry rightwinger I just had to say it, and I apologize to you for saying.
Look at the debt we have now, and your bringing up the past presidents who helped with the debt, and now it's OK under your messiah? I laugh at you. I don't know what will happen in 2012, it's just too far away, but next year might be a bit of a surprise to you...just sayin...

I am not supporting running up national debt...but sometimes it is a necessary evil

I am merely contending that your assumtion that the national debt will prevent Obama from being elected is not supported by history. Carter actually ran a tight budget and everything went to hell. Reagan ran up unprecidented debt in peacetime and was overwhelmingly reelected

RW is correct. Carter tried to reduce the national debt. Did not gain much political fan fare due to a suck economy.(FDR tried to the balance due to political pressure then switch back to Keynesian tactics when he realized that trying to run a balance budget under the crisis leads to loss at the polls.)

Thus the election pecking order is Economy before Debt. If the economy is improving, the public would want you to do something about the debt, but keep your party in because they are enjoying the benefits of the economy.. Not happy, but tolerant.

RW is correct. Carter tried to reduce the national debt. Did not gain much political fan fare due to a suck economy.(FDR tried to the balance due to political pressure then switch back to Keynesian tactics when he realized that trying to run a balance budget under the crisis leads to loss at the polls.)

Thus the election pecking order is Economy before Debt. If the economy is improving, the public would want you to do something about the debt, but keep your party in because they are enjoying the benefits of the economy.. Not happy, but tolerant.

Stay tuned....we'll see on that.
But, I don't think they will have a super majority in the senate after the next election. Hopefully the republicans can stop this train wreck in 2011

Last edited:
The worst news of all is that the economy is recovering faster than anticipated.

According to whom? Several analysts predicted it would have recovered by now. Some, with any knowledge of the economical cycles, knew that it was a natural occurrence and would reverse itself in time. Only politicians used the downturn to sell fear to the American people. Now this administration is using the upturn as a selling point to their campaign, and their efforts have had little effect.

The worst news of all is that the economy is recovering faster than anticipated. Means another landslide for the Democrats while the conservative and moderate republicans fight for the future of the no longer Grand Old Party

Friggen hilarious.

Democrats took power by using the slogan "We suck but at least we aren't Republicans"

Now the Dems are suffering from the possibility that the Republicans will clean house because at least they aren't Democrats.

At least the Republicans don't want to redistribute our pay, cause us to lose our jobs, and put us in the poor house because of their mindless health care and Global Warming legislation.

The worst news of all is that the economy is recovering faster than anticipated.

According to whom? Several analysts predicted it would have recovered by now. Some, with any knowledge of the economical cycles, knew that it was a natural occurrence and would reverse itself in time. Only politicians used the downturn to sell fear to the American people. Now this administration is using the upturn as a selling point to their campaign, and their efforts have had little effect.

What was that??

You are acknowledging the economy is getting better?

Stop the presses!

your already stuck with a lame duck

Forum List

Back