Democrats still desperately pushing the fallacy that govt can do something about mass shootings

I love how Libs act like they could fix the problem but are blocked by the NRA and Republicans.
If the problem continues to get worse, it will be fixed, and people like yourself will have no say in it. When 90+% decide they have had enough of crazies with guns killing their kids, you will definately be on the short end of the stick.

At most of the mass shootings in recent memory, the laws Democrat insist will help, have already been in effect. At the Oregon community college, the campus was a gun-free zone - guns were completely banned there, except for licensed conceal carry holders who still couldn't bring them inside buildings (which this shooter wasn't). And yet that's where the shootings keep happening.

It's clear that Democrat proposals don't work. The very idea that nutcases who don't mind committing multiple murders on innocent people, might stop because some Democrat made a law forbidding them from having a gun, is ludicrous.

And yet the Democrats STILL keep reacting to such shootings, by insisting we just have to make more laws.

Democrats know their laws don't work. The only possible way to prevent (most) mass shootings, is to create a complete police state where all guns are banned from everyone, and police squads go door to door regularly checking for guns, stopping people on the street to search them, etc., to make sure ALL guns are gone.

Anything short of that, will still enable criminals to get guns - they will only disarm the law-abiding.

So when Democrats keep insisting on more laws as a solution, what could they possibly have in mind besides total confiscation and police-state enforcement? We already know (and Democrats also know) that nothing else works.

The Democrats' real agenda is becoming more and more clear, every time they call for "more laws" in the face of clear proof that nothing gets guns out of criminals' hands except total confiscation.
Now that is real stupid. Of course the government can do something about the shootings. Look at what the Australian government did in 1996. In the decade prior to 1996, there were 11 mass shootings in Australia. Since 1996, there has not been a single one. So that method works.
Thank you for confirming my point: Democrats who push "gun control" measures they know won't work, are in reality trying to enact a total ban, followed by mass confiscation.

That's what Australia did in 1996, you know. To finally "Make it Work".

So we have one confirmed vote for a total ban and mass confiscation. Anyone else?

I think that you're alluding to a saying that goes something like this:
People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.
I'm more alluding to the saying that, if the liberal fanatics keep at it long enough, people will start believing the little lies too. :wink:
Your big lie. Every shooting you scream, if we had more guns out there, there would be less shootings. And each time there are more guns out there. And the shootings continue to increase. And we put more guns out there. And the time between the shootings decreases. And we put more guns out there.

Now what is the definition of insanity? Acorn, a straight jacket would become you.

At most of the mass shootings in recent memory, the laws Democrat insist will help, have already been in effect. At the Oregon community college, the campus was a gun-free zone - guns were completely banned there, except for licensed conceal carry holders who still couldn't bring them inside buildings (which this shooter wasn't). And yet that's where the shootings keep happening.

It's clear that Democrat proposals don't work. The very idea that nutcases who don't mind committing multiple murders on innocent people, might stop because some Democrat made a law forbidding them from having a gun, is ludicrous.

And yet the Democrats STILL keep reacting to such shootings, by insisting we just have to make more laws.

Democrats know their laws don't work. The only possible way to prevent (most) mass shootings, is to create a complete police state where all guns are banned from everyone, and police squads go door to door regularly checking for guns, stopping people on the street to search them, etc., to make sure ALL guns are gone.

Anything short of that, will still enable criminals to get guns - they will only disarm the law-abiding.

So when Democrats keep insisting on more laws as a solution, what could they possibly have in mind besides total confiscation and police-state enforcement? We already know (and Democrats also know) that nothing else works.

The Democrats' real agenda is becoming more and more clear, every time they call for "more laws" in the face of clear proof that nothing gets guns out of criminals' hands except total confiscation.
Now that is real stupid. Of course the government can do something about the shootings. Look at what the Australian government did in 1996. In the decade prior to 1996, there were 11 mass shootings in Australia. Since 1996, there has not been a single one. So that method works.
Thank you for confirming my point: Democrats who push "gun control" measures they know won't work, are in reality trying to enact a total ban, followed by mass confiscation.

That's what Australia did in 1996, you know. To finally "Make it Work".

So we have one confirmed vote for a total ban and mass confiscation. Anyone else?
No, asshole, you are the confirmed vote for that. Because of your idiocy on sane gun laws, things will finally reach a critical mass, and we will get the Australian laws. Thanks to people like you.

Libs say they have the answer with better gun control like improving back round checks....
OK.But that applies to gun purchases down the road...

What is their solution for the guns that have already been purchased?
I see the move from the left that is about confiscation.
They just don't have the balls to say that's what they really want.
At least not yet....

Maybe Bernie if he get's the nod....
Hillary won't unless she sees a poll that says she should.
Or if Huma tells her it's time to show some balls.

It's clear that Democrat proposals don't work.

they even advocate having armed guards at every school, college and university.., let's see the reality, having armed guards would put an extra burden on tax payers, i say let the attendees of these places who choose to carry, carry their own weapon of self defense, besides if there were armed guards, they would most likely NOT be where they would be needed.

i also like what Ben Carson says, he would have led a charge ...He may shoot me but he can't get us all,' :up:

Note you don't list any of those "potential solutions to the problem," that's because you have none. the solution is the one thing you won't consider, let people defend themselves
He's a liberal.

Citizens can't be sovereign. They must be subservient to government.
Tell me, do you have water piped into your home by a utility? Electricity by the same? How about medicine? Insurance? Do you drive on roads? Then you are not this 'sovereign' citizen you blabber about. In fact, in a real survival situation, I would be willing to bet that you would not survive.

So if we want water, electricity, medicine, insurance and roads then we need to be slaves to government, do we? What a load of bull crap

conservative ideologues who refuse to explore in good faith potential solutions to the problem,

the solution you stupid fucktard, is to do away with "GUN FREE ZONES" and allow those who choose to carry their weapon of self defense carry them, criminals and those who choose to do harm ignore laws of any kind...., well maybe they do stop at red traffic lights. :lmao:

Quite using Australia as an reasonable, relevant example.
They banded and confiscated all firearms from everyone.
What do think would happen if the clown car that is the progressives federal government tried that??

I know, there would be millions dead on both sides of the issue.

If a Democrat goes one day without supporting or proposing....

A new regulation
A new tax
A tax hike on existing rates
A new bill proposing new spending
A new bill increasing spending
More government control

Then they feel worthless....
It eats at them that they have failed their party....

Your big lie. Every shooting you scream, if we had more guns out there, there would be less shootings.
As usual, some liberal invents something I never said, pretends I said it, and tries to bash me for it.

You people really need some new material. Nobody believes your talking points any more.

Back to the subject:
We've found out the hard way that Democrat solutions to mass shootings, don't work. They've all been in place at various mass shooting sites, and the shootings happened anyway.

Obviously, Democrats who know their laws fail, but keep pushing for them anyway, can have only one goal in mind.

More and more of them, driven to the wall in debate like "old rocks", are admitting that they want a 100% ban on guns for law-abiding citizens, with complete confiscation. And THOSE won't work unless they are accompanied by a massive police state where squads regularly go house to house, searching them for guns to make sure nobody has any.

They know nothing else works, and yet they keep pushing for more laws. It is increasingly clear why.

Last edited:
Democrats correctly understand that the successful solution to the problem of mass shootings will be multifaceted, a blend of public and private sector contributions to the problem, where government has a role to play but neither the sole nor dominant role.
TRANSLATION: I want more gun laws too, even though I can't refute the fact that they won't work. Guess why I really want "more gun laws". :badgrin:

Forum List

Back