Democrats Bring Bill To Prohibit Armed Citizen Militias

Introduced by Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) on Thursday, the bill dubbed the “Preventing Private Paramilitary Activity Act” would prohibit privately organized groups from “publicly patrolling, drilling, or engaging in harmful or deadly paramilitary techniques,” “interfering with or interrupting government proceedings,” or “interfering with the exercise of someone else’s constitutional rights,” according to Mr. Markey.

Their bills defines a “private paramilitary organization” as “any group of 3 or more persons associating under a command structure for the purpose of functioning in public or training to function in public as a combat, combat support, law enforcement, or security services unit.” The bill states acting with or on behalf of such a private paramilitary organization while armed with a firearm, explosive, incendiary device, or other dangerous weapon, and engaging in patrolling, training, interfering with government or constitutional rights, or assuming the functions of law enforcement without official authority.

The bill makes exceptions for members of the National Guard and other military reserve components, state guard forces, and members of other federal or state-organized groups to train in and apply paramilitary, law enforcement, and security service activity. The bill also allows for the organization of groups formed solely to conduct military reenactments, “bona-fide veterans organization with no intent to engage” in the aforementioned prohibited activities, and students in government or state-authorized educational institutions that teach military science.

Remember that old cliche. Anytime they want to take your guns away, it's because they want to do something you would shoot them for......Only in this case, it's getting organized and trained.

Raskin again.....I don't typically root for cancer, but in his case I'll make a exception. 😐
Seems pretty reasonable to me. What good could they possibly do our nation?

The militia are the people.

georgemason1-2x.jpg
The government coopted the colonial Militia and made it their own.

Clause 15. The Congress shall have Power * * * To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions.

Clause 16. The Congress shall have Power * * * To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.

A lot has changes since the 1780's but not what the militia were created for. The Texas Constitution forbids private military units from operating outside state authority, providing that “[t]he military shall at all times be subordinate to the civil authority.”

So if three or four citizens live in a high crime area and want to watch out for their kids at the bus stop with legal firearms . under this bill would that be illegal? I ask this because I have met in the past adults who did just that because of drug dealers and an introdiction of a pedophile group home in the area.

So if three or four citizens live in a high crime area and want to watch out for their kids at the bus stop with legal firearms . under this bill would that be illegal? I ask this because I have met in the past adults who did just that because of drug dealers and an introdiction of a pedophile group home in the area.

When I was younger, me and a group of guys forcibly kicked a gang of drug dealers out of an abandoned building we wanted in NYC.

It wasn't easy, took us almost two months (because they kept coming back - and every time they did, we had to make sure they had an unpleasant time of it).

This could not have been done "within the law" - at all. If we hadn't taken matters into our own hands those drug dealers would still be there.

The Cult of Trump is going to result in an even bigger win for Biden, and sweep out so many Republicans from Congress, that the new Democratic majority will be able to codify abortion rights, voting rights, gun control, and a bunch of other legislative priorities that we never would be able to do if the rightwing didn't willingly, anxiously walk off a cliff. 👍🏻

Introduced by Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) on Thursday, the bill dubbed the “Preventing Private Paramilitary Activity Act” would prohibit privately organized groups from “publicly patrolling, drilling, or engaging in harmful or deadly paramilitary techniques,” “interfering with or interrupting government proceedings,” or “interfering with the exercise of someone else’s constitutional rights,” according to Mr. Markey.

Their bills defines a “private paramilitary organization” as “any group of 3 or more persons associating under a command structure for the purpose of functioning in public or training to function in public as a combat, combat support, law enforcement, or security services unit.” The bill states acting with or on behalf of such a private paramilitary organization while armed with a firearm, explosive, incendiary device, or other dangerous weapon, and engaging in patrolling, training, interfering with government or constitutional rights, or assuming the functions of law enforcement without official authority.

The bill makes exceptions for members of the National Guard and other military reserve components, state guard forces, and members of other federal or state-organized groups to train in and apply paramilitary, law enforcement, and security service activity. The bill also allows for the organization of groups formed solely to conduct military reenactments, “bona-fide veterans organization with no intent to engage” in the aforementioned prohibited activities, and students in government or state-authorized educational institutions that teach military science.

Remember that old cliche. Anytime they want to take your guns away, it's because they want to do something you would shoot them for......Only in this case, it's getting organized and trained.

Raskin again.....I don't typically root for cancer, but in his case I'll make a exception. 😐
What could the Demonrats possibly be thinking?

This is the watershed moment at which Americans will choose to live safely on the streets, or they will be massacred by the bad guys with guns!

I say to you sir, let every man (child) be responsible for himself.

It goes no where. Will not be supported enough to pass and these two members that introduced this bill need to be replaced during primary election.. Not in either person's district but if I were I would vote against them.

The Cult of Trump is going to result in an even bigger win for Biden, and sweep out so many Republicans from Congress, that the new Democratic majority will be able to codify abortion rights, voting rights, gun control, and a bunch of other legislative priorities that we never would be able to do if the rightwing didn't willingly, anxiously walk off a cliff. 👍🏻
still want one party rule synth?.........havent you learned anything?....

lmao

Good luck with the gun control.

lol

One would think you idiots would learn after 15 or 20 times.

BUT NO !!! :p

It goes no where. Will not be supported enough to pass and these two members that introduced this bill need to be replaced during primary election.. Not in either person's district but if I were I would vote against them.
First get the fascist's foot in the door, then wait for the incidence that justifies armed militias.

Imagine a non-white gang on tape raping a little white girl. It wouldn't have to be real.

Forum List

Back