Democrats block amendment to prevent Fairness Doctrine

you are purposely twisting my words. I NEVER suggested that the MSM was totally unbiased.

I am saying that whatever "liberal bias" that exists in the mainstream media is overwhelmed by the bitter and virulent and non-stop bias of talk radio.

So now you are saying that talk radio trumps all print media, networks, 2 out of 3 cable news outlets, not to mention NPR/PBS? (note the question mark).

stop it. you sound like RSR.

I am saying that if the mainstream media exhibits a liberal bias, it does so in a mild mannered way and primarily in editorial pages and not in news reporting Conservative talk radio does 2 minutes of news reporting (by Faux) every half hour and 28 minutes of the most rabidly partisan hate speech you can imagine.

It may not TRUMP the MSM is the number of listeners versus readers, but it definitely trumps the MSM in the incredible stridency of its nearly exclusively editorial message.

And if you don't listen, as you claim you don't - and I DO every day on my commute home - then why the hell are you defending talk radio if not just to be argumentative?

stop it. you sound like RSR.

I am saying that if the mainstream media exhibits a liberal bias, it does so in a mild mannered way and primarily in editorial pages and not in news reporting Conservative talk radio does 2 minutes of news reporting (by Faux) every half hour and 28 minutes of the most rabidly partisan hate speech you can imagine.

It may not TRUMP the MSM is the number of listeners versus readers, but it definitely trumps the MSM in the incredible stridency of its nearly exclusively editorial message.

And if you don't listen, as you claim you don't - and I DO every day on my commute home - then why the hell are you defending talk radio if not just to be argumentative?

I'm trying NOT to sound like RSR, but unfortunately you are sounding like him in response.

You're argument is NOW that talk radio trumps all other outlets, regardless of the fact that liberals dominate all those other outlets. Somehow talk radio alone, demands fairness doctrine?

Considering your inherent fairness, you would agree that if talk radio demands fairness, so do all other media outlets?

I am simply pointing out that Hannity takes an instance of pure corporate greed and tries to SPIN it to be some edict from the liberal nanny state. And yet you all try to portray him as this "illuminator of truth". He is an uber-partisan spin-meister. pure and simple.

And if you think that Kimberly-Clark has any motive other than maximizing shareholder wealth, you are an even bigger fool than I thought you were - if that is possible.

The liberal media gave a fair amount of coverage of the tree huggers bellowing how we need to conserve toilet paper and save the planet

Now, when a company takes steps to do that - you bitch because Hannity reminds people of might led to this dispenser

PBS/NPR are funded, in part, by taxpayer dollars. They cannot be as rabidly partisan as conservative talk radio - ever. Can you imagine talk radio on an NPR station where the host advertised his show as the "Stop Rudy and the Rest of those terrible Republicans " Express?

Hannity calls his show that "stop Hillary express" every day.

NPR and PBS sre NOT partian? LOL!!!!!!!!!

You do put party before truth and logic MM

conservatives "win" by being totally over the top with partisan bullshit and masquerading it as truth.

No comment about the Kimberly Clark total LIE told by Hannity and the fact that when I called and said I wanted to take issue with that stupid assertion, his staff promptly hung up on me?

Like Dems run ads saying every time you vote for a Republican another black church is burned to the ground

Or how Republicans want to take your Grandma's SS check away from her and kick ld folks out of nursing homes and into the street

Or how Al Gore ranted how Republicans envormental polocy will kill people

you are purposely twisting my words. I NEVER suggested that the MSM was totally unbiased.

I am saying that whatever "liberal bias" that exists in the mainstream media is overwhelmed by the bitter and virulent and non-stop bias of talk radio.

and Air America is a calm rational outlet for liberal thought and policy?

PBS/NPR are funded, in part, by taxpayer dollars. They cannot be as rabidly partisan as conservative talk radio - ever. Can you imagine talk radio on an NPR station where the host advertised his show as the "Stop Rudy and the Rest of those terrible Republicans " Express?

Hannity calls his show that "stop Hillary express" every day.

PBS Ombudsman Notices Near-Total 'Absence of Balance' in Moyers Impeachment Hour
By Tim Graham | July 21, 2007 - 18:47 ET
PBS Ombudsman Michael Getler has to be getting uncomfortable for calling out unbalanced liberal programs on the taxpayer-funded network. After he agreed with critics last week that a pro-Kerry editorial was wildly out of place on the show "History Detectives," now he has noticed the incredibly one-sided Bill Moyers Journal hour on impeaching Bush and Cheney and mildly noted it could have used a smidgen of balance. Despite Nancy Pelosi’s promise to avoid impeachment hearings, he wrote, "I would argue that it is still a newsworthy topic. So, as a viewer, I'm grateful that it is being addressed....On the other hand, there was almost a complete absence of balance, as I watched it, in the way this program presented the case for impeachment proceedings against President Bush and Vice President Cheney."

Getler praised Moyers and his guests for some educational television (and most of the letters he reproduces are rave reviews). He concluded: "This was an hour-long program and it was, in many ways, an education, listening to this view of the impeachment process being laid out, whether or not you agree with it. But the program, in my view, would have been not only less vulnerable to charges of political bias, but also even more educational to more people in terms of illuminating the public about impeachment, if it had contained at the very least a succinct summary of the likely legal challenges to each of the main charges raised by the pro-impeachment process guests."

It would have been a lot easier to do that by having more of a debate. But Getler failed to address several issues, such as the outrageous historical comparisons guest Bruce Fein used, comparing Bush to the Nazis and the Soviets, and he failed to consider that PBS had no such "educational" hour when the House considered impeaching President Clinton, displaying a bias when comparing past to present.

CPB Ombudsman Ken Bode did not comment on the Moyers impeachment show on his official blog, although he did strangely condemn the Moyers program that started his latest incarnation of the Journal show -- for not including any critique of PBS and its failure to prevent war in Iraq. However, Bode did write a sharp-elbowed piece in the Indianapolis Star about the Moyers show and impeachment. He listed "Bush administration crimes," and insisted Bush had a "monumental" amount of "monarchical arrogance." But he still thought the timing wasn't right for Pelosi to pounce:

Charges: Guantanamo. Abu Ghraib. Rendition. Indefinite detention. Starting a war of aggression in Iraq without cause. Hiding and torturing captives without due process. Illegal wiretapping. Some would add obstructing honest elections and gross negligence in failing to assist New Orleans after Katrina.

The list of Bush administration crimes is very real, but I have not paid much attention to the blogs, petitions and other efforts to promote impeachment, on the theory that they are diversionary to the more important efforts to end the war in Iraq. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, "Impeachment is not on the table," which I thought was good politics. Then a friend urged me to look at last Friday's PBS broadcast of "Bill Moyers Journal," a program devoted to putting the case for impeachment in a more serious context....

Only through impeachment hearings is it possible to concentrate the mind of the public on the monarchical arrogance and sneering attitude of George W. Bush. "I am king," Fein says of Bush's view of executive powers....

The crimes are real and probably impeachable, and the monarchial arrogance of the Bush-Cheney administration is monumental. But the timing is wrong.

Once again, CPB only really wanted a partisan liberal ombudsman, or else they would have replaced conservative co-ombudsman William Schulz, which they never have. The PBS system is turning into Bush Hater Headquarters without even timid Republican majorities to discourage the natural leftist tendencies of public broadcasting.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gr...total-absence-balance-moyers-impeachment-hour

The liberal media gave a fair amount of coverage of the tree huggers bellowing how we need to conserve toilet paper and save the planet

Now, when a company takes steps to do that - you bitch because Hannity reminds people of might led to this dispenser

as I said. If you think that Kimberly-Clark had any motive other than maximizing shareholder wealth, you are crazy. This machine will infuriate most folks. This machine will inconvenience most folks. This machine will save the companies who buy it a lot of money by cutting their paper goods costs and thus increase THEIR corporate profits. This machine will make Kimberly-Clark a lot of money and their sales pitch to their potential customers has ZERO to do with "liberal nanny state edicts" as Hannity tried to claim, and everything to do with increasing the bottom line.

and Air America is a calm rational outlet for liberal thought and policy?

you yourself has claimed that Air America is underfunded and not in enough markets to be effective. Conservative talk radio makes no pretense at being a news outlet...it is conservative hate speech 24/7. No other mainstream media counterbalances that level of virulence and non-stop intensity.

as I said. If you think that Kimberly-Clark had any motive other than maximizing shareholder wealth, you are crazy. This machine will infuriate most folks. This machine will inconvenience most folks. This machine will save the companies who buy it a lot of money by cutting their paper goods costs and thus increase THEIR corporate profits. This machine will make Kimberly-Clark a lot of money and their sales pitch to their potential customers has ZERO to do with "liberal nanny state edicts" as Hannity tried to claim, and everything to do with increasing the bottom line.

as I said before, it is an outrage that a company wants to make a profit. I thought the enviro wackos would pat them on the back for doing what is in the best interest of "the common good"

Or how Al Gore ranted how Republicans envormental polocy will kill people

If you believe that global warming and global weather patterns are affected by humans, than this part is true, although it should not be limited to Republicans. The Democratic environmental policies would be only marginally better, and of course nearly every other developed country and many developing countries also are pursuing environmental policies that are destructive (especially to Africa, where the amount of arable land is shrinking daily, and as a result, there is greater risk of starvation).

you yourself has claimed that Air America is underfunded and not in enough markets to be effective. Conservative talk radio makes no pretense at being a news outlet...it is conservative hate speech 24/7. No other mainstream media counterbalances that level of virulence and non-stop intensity.

I never said Dead Air was underfunded, Sugar Daddy Soros was writing the big checks for years

Dead Air could not get any ratings, thus no sponsors that would buy ad time

It is called the free market MM - that is why liberal talk radio fails

I never said Dead Air was underfunded, Sugar Daddy Soros was writing the big checks for years

Dead Air could not get any ratings, thus no sponsors that would buy ad time

It is called the free market MM - that is why liberal talk radio fails

so...am I to understand that I am not allowed to complain about the partisanship of conservative talk radio? I am not allowed to point out the fact that it is not "news" in any way, but merely a multi-channel propaganda organ for the republican party?

Is that your position?

so...am I to understand that I am not allowed to complain about the partisanship of conservative talk radio? I am not allowed to point out the fact that it is not "news" in any way, but merely a multi-channel propaganda organ for the republican party?

Is that your position?

Sure you can whine

But when you say the MSM is not biased to the left, or PBS or NPR is not biased to the left - you are full of it

Lisb ahve a cow because they do not have a the same level of bias on talk radio as they do the rest of media

Talk radio is where people have a choice - libs are pissed because they do not choose the liberal outlets

as I said before, it is an outrage that a company wants to make a profit. I thought the enviro wackos would pat them on the back for doing what is in the best interest of "the common good"

Again....you purposely mischaracterize my words. I have never said anything against Kimberly-Clark's profit motive. If they can exploit a market niche, that is wonderful.

You find no outrage from me about their actions at all.

I am only outraged that you righties want to portray conservative talk radio as "exposers of the truth", when they are clearly SPIN machines that take actions by corporate America to increase profits and try to turn them into edicts from a liberal nanny state out of control. That is bullshit and you know it. KC could give a shit what Sheryl Crow thinks...they care what their customers think and their customers want to save money....and KC wants to make more money.

Sure you can whine

But when you say the MSM is not biased to the left, or PBS or NPR is not biased to the left - you are full of it

Lisb ahve a cow because they do not have a the same level of bias on talk radio as they do the rest of media

Talk radio is where people have a choice - libs are pissed because they do not choose the liberal outlets

what if I don't whine? Would you reciprocate? What if I never mention the total editorial opinionated spun-til-dizzy bullshit that comes out of conservative talk radio...would you agree to reciprocate?

Again....you purposely mischaracterize my words. I have never said anything against Kimberly-Clark's profit motive. If they can exploit a market niche, that is wonderful.

You find no outrage from me about their actions at all.

I am only outraged that you righties want to portray conservative talk radio as "exposers of the truth", when they are clearly SPIN machines that take actions by corporate America to increase profits and try to turn them into edicts from a liberal nanny state out of control. That is bullshit and you know it. KC could give a shit what Sheryl Crow thinks...they care what their customers think and their customers want to save money....and KC wants to make more money.

How do you know it was not a combination of both?

KC could be trying to make money and get the tree huggers to buy the machines

After all, the liberal media gave alot of coverage to the nuts who said we should limit the use of toilet paper to save the planet

Then a month lor so later KC rolls out the machine

what if I don't whine? Would you reciprocate? What if I never mention the total editorial opinionated spun-til-dizzy bullshit that comes out of conservative talk radio...would you agree to reciprocate?

and the op eds on the front pages of the NY Times and Washington Post? Or the slanted coverage from the networks and NPR?

Libs have 95% of the meida in their pocket - and they whine about the 5% that is talk radio

Forum List

Back