Democrats at their finest

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Democrat facing murder charges sworn in behind bars

An Indiana councilman facing murder charges was sworn in from the wrong side of a jail cell.
Robert “Coop” Battle of East Chicago, Indiana, managed to get re-elected in November despite murder and federal drug charges. Paperwork required to take his oath of office was completed Jan. 15, and the ceremony was held afterward at Porter Council Jail. The board of elections received Battle’s paperwork last Friday.

“It’s wrong for the taxpayers, wrong for our party. … I can’t remember a situation like this,” Lake County Sheriff Buncich told the Chicago Tribune on Monday.
Battle was pulled over for a traffic stop in September and charged with marijuana possession. Roughly $100,000 cash was also found inside his vehicle.
The councilman was then charged with the Oct. 12 shooting death of Reimundo Camarillo Jr., in East Chicago. Battle’s attorney claims Camarillo brandished a knife before the shooting, but police said a knife was not found at the crime scene.

Have you seen how many Democrats are in prison in that area? This should not be surprising.

Last edited:
  • Banned
No I haven't. I can tell you it's a lot around here. Where I work I routinely hear the convicts praising Clinton or Sanders.

Battle brought a gun to a knife fight. Quick! Swear him in!

Forum List

Back