Democrats Are Jumping Ship

Perhaps Democrats know something the rest of us don't about Barack Obama's political fortunes. What else explains the increasing numbers who are openly defying the president on two key election issues?

The notoriously thin-skinned Obama could not have been happy with the news last week that, as the Hill newspaper put it, "an increasing number of Democrats are taking potshots at President Obama's health care law."

North Carolina's Brad Miller, who voted for the law, now laments that "we would all have been better off" if Congress had dealt with more pressing issues "and then came back to health care."

Barney Frank complained that the Democrats "paid a terrible price for health care." And Virginia's outgoing Sen. Jim Webb said the law would be Obama's "biggest downside" in the election and had cost him "a lot of credibility as a leader."

Meanwhile, stalwart Massachusetts liberal Elizabeth Warren is now calling to repeal a piece of ObamaCare — the 2.3% tax on medical devices — because, she says, it "disproportionately impacts the small companies with the narrowest financial margins."

Warren, by the way, is running for the Senate seat occupied by Republican Scott Brown, whose victory in 2010 was a result of the public's intense opposition to ObamaCare.

Former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis went furthest. "I think the Affordable Care Act is the single least popular piece of major domestic legislation in the last 70 years," he said. "It was not popular when it passed; it's less popular now." Ouch.

These Democrats are no doubt familiar with polls that show surprisingly little support for ObamaCare within their ranks. Fewer than half of Democrats think the government should be able to force individuals to buy insurance — the core element of ObamaCare — according to the latest IBD/TIPP poll. Only a little more than a third say the Supreme Court should "uphold the entire law."

Read more here: Democrats Increasingly Abandon Obama on Health Care And Keystone - Investors.com

In short, the Rats are starting to abandon ship.

Money quote:

The fact that they're willing to trash-talk Obama's single biggest legislative achievement suggests they're worried about something more than how the Supreme Court will rule.

This fear is even more evident when you look at the growing opposition among Democrats to Obama's position on the Keystone XL pipeline.

And that doesn't even address how he is ALIENATING Catholics, Whites, Those who depend on oil for their jobs, Hispanics, dog lovers, etc, etc, etc.

In an election year Obama seems to be trying to alienate everyone, except radical leftists, and that isn't a big part of the voting public.

He makes Carter look like a solid candiate in comparison. Carter didn't do half this insanity and he lost in a landslide.

And you libs think Obama will win? Only the Good Lord knows for sure, but the Good Lord gave us judgement and my judgement says:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama already told them they are on their own "every man for himself"

White House to Congress Dems: Expect no money

120305_obama_reid_pelosi_605_2_ap.jpg

President Barack Obama has a bleak message for House and Senate Democrats this year when it comes to campaign cash: You’re on your own.

Democratic congressional leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, have privately sought as much as $30 million combined from Obama for America and the Democratic National Committee — a replay of the financial help they received from Obama in 2008 and 2010.

But that’s not going to happen, top Obama aides Jim Messina and David Plouffe told Reid and Pelosi in back-to-back meetings on Capitol Hill on Thursday, according to sources familiar with the high-level talks. It was a stark admission from a presidential campaign once expected to rake in as much as $1 billion of just how closely it is watching its own bottom line.

Messina and Plouffe told the two Hill leaders that there would be no cash transfers to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
Read more: White House to Congress Dems: Expect no money - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

What do the polls in the swing states say?

That's all that matters, regardless of the articles written by either "side".

The polls of "likely voters" show Obama is behind.

The problem is, the liberal media keep releasing polls that are weighted and skewed to show Obama ahead.

Looks like the paid, er I mean liberal "faithful" on this board don't want to address the possibility their messiah is tanking himself.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Beause the thread is dumb. Romney has totally lost women and Hispanics, for starters. Oh, and probably the whole state of PA!!! :D Let's just see what happens in November. :)

Yeah while Dems attack stay at home women and ANY woman that dosn't bow to Obama?

You keep up those talking points. We'll laugh!

Speaking of polls

Gallup:

Although Obama’s approval rating is improving, this is offset by the fact that it remains below the averages at the same point in time
for presidents who were re-elected. All presidents since Eisenhower who were re-elected enjoyed average approval ratings above 50% during their 13th quarters in office.​

If Gallup’s trend holds, it looks like history might repeat itself- Papa Obama
will go the way of Jimmy Carter

ubqy7t5lyuoonlbve4ggva.gif

Papa Obama would be the first president to win since the end of the 1st Eisenhower administration
who is below 50 percent at this point in their term

Sorry Democrats

Obama isn't working

Last edited:
Speaking of polls

Gallup:

Although Obama’s approval rating is improving, this is offset by the fact that it remains below the averages at the same point in time
for presidents who were re-elected. All presidents since Eisenhower who were re-elected enjoyed average approval ratings above 50% during their 13th quarters in office.​

If Gallup’s trend holds, it looks like history might repeat itself- Papa Obama
will go the way of Jimmy Carter

ubqy7t5lyuoonlbve4ggva.gif

Papa Obama would be the first president to win since the end of the 1st Eisenhower administration
who is below 50 percent at this point in their term

Sorry Democrats

Obama isn't working

The difference is that Carter didn't have millions of illegals, perfectly able to vote, and ACORN out there looking under every rock for a voter.

A new, non-American company will be counting our votes next time. SCYTL is based in Spain and has ties to George Soros. No way to recount or validate their results.

Cheating always enhances one's chances of winning. Just saying...........

Might as well talk about this while we can. Between AttackWatch and the bill Pelosi just signed onto, forums, news shows, papers or any type of communication associated with any corporation could go away or be controlled and edited by government. The writing is on the wall and other countries have seen this sort of thing. They ignored it and now they can't say anything.

Last edited:
Read more here: Democrats Increasingly Abandon Obama on Health Care And Keystone - Investors.com

In short, the Rats are starting to abandon ship.

Money quote:

And that doesn't even address how he is ALIENATING Catholics, Whites, Those who depend on oil for their jobs, Hispanics, dog lovers, etc, etc, etc.

In an election year Obama seems to be trying to alienate everyone, except radical leftists, and that isn't a big part of the voting public.

He makes Carter look like a solid candiate in comparison. Carter didn't do half this insanity and he lost in a landslide.

And you libs think Obama will win? Only the Good Lord knows for sure, but the Good Lord gave us judgement and my judgement says:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When I see idiots who still think Obama is the greatest, I realize that the biggest difference between now and Carter's time is that we have millions more government dependents who don't give a shit about the economy, unemployment and other issues as long as they get their giverment check.

I don't think you should talk about our retired military that way.

While you equate our military with welfare queens? Look who's talking!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Three members of my family are pretty much life-long Democrat voters. None are politically active, just voters, and one did vote for Reagan but has voted D ever since.

All three tell us they will be voting for Romney in November. Oh, and all three are women.

Obviously, one family is not statistically significant. Just a personal observation.

I noticed the same trend in 2004. All my hubby's family were Democrats, but they were dead set against Kerry.

I know you're not very bright, but even you should realize the polls show you're a liar.

But whatever makes you laughing idiots feel better about yourselves.

Who's not very bright? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Then bring up the polls that "show me a liar." Five will get you 10, they are of "adults."

And I can prove it!

CNN/Orc poll, Obama +9: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/04/16/rel4a.pdf

Interviews with 1,015 adult Americans

And they won't tell how that breaks down. How many Dems, How many GOP, how many Independents.

When the poll is of "adults" and they won't tell you now that breaks down, THROW AWAY THE POLL! :lol::lol::lol:

Romney +1, Rasmussen: Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

It is important to remember that the Rasmussen Reports job approval ratings are based upon a sample of likely voters. Some other firms base their approval ratings on samples of all adults. Obama's numbers are almost always several points higher in a poll of adults rather than likely voters. That's because some of the president's most enthusiastic supporters, such as young adults, are less likely to turn out to vote.

MSNBC Obama +6: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/S...s/12336 APRIL NBC-WSJ Poll Release (4-19).pdf

1000 adults, including 250 cell phone only respondents

Fox News, Romney +2: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/int...mney-edges-obama-as-approval-president-drops/

The Fox News Poll is conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R).The poll is based on live telephone interviews with a national sample of 910 registered voters, and was conducted April 9-11, 2012.

And it goes on and on and on. EVERY TIME you see a poll where Obama is WAY UP look at the methodology for collecting the data. Nine times out of 10, they did it by surveying ADULTS, not registered voters and MORE IMPORTANTLY, LIKELY VOTERS.

And that doesn't even go into how they weight the polls towards Dems, GOP and Independent, and more likely than not, the liberal media HEAVILY weights their polls towards Dems.

If you don't believe me Jillian go here! Find out for youself! I can't hide the truth from you, and you sure can't lie to yourself in the face of the real polls. RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Look at each poll! I'm not going to lie to you. I'm telling you the truth. The liberal media is LYING TO YOU. And it's about time you people who deliberately deceive yourselves out of bigoted hate for conservatism, grow up and WAKE THE HELL UP to the truth. Your guy isn't as loved and worshipped as you think.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Three members of my family are pretty much life-long Democrat voters. None are politically active, just voters, and one did vote for Reagan but has voted D ever since.

All three tell us they will be voting for Romney in November. Oh, and all three are women.

Obviously, one family is not statistically significant. Just a personal observation.

Four of my family are raving wingnuts who listen to Rush on a daily basis. All four of them will sit out this election because they can't stomach the thought that the GOP would shove Romney down their throats. All four threw up in their mouth when they voted for McCain.

Then they will throw up and vote for Romney.

Because BELIEVE ME, McCain is far worse than Romney.

>> looking forward to the Debbie Wasserman/Pelosi three night comedy hour in august. yah, just keep boasting how Obama saved the country from another depression!

It'll be a great narrative. Romney wants to take us back to the Bush policies, and maybe start a war with Russia.

Oh, good grief.

You talk about raving Rush lunatics and YOU go back to the same meme they had about Reagan when he ran in 1980? "He'll take us to a war on Russia!"

You lefties never could come up with anything original. You just recycle the same BS over and over.

Next, I expect you to deny you're a lefty despite the fact you vomit the same Bull as they do.

Democrats have pretty much have been perceived as crooks thanks to you know who. no wonder millions have switched from D's to R's, I's and C's.

As always, I invite you rw's to post a list of pub/bag accomplishments and no, I don't mean things like 'Joe Walsh is a worthless deadbeat dad' or 'he learned how to desert his kids from Noot Gingrich. Crap like, Boehner does nothing but drink, smoke and play gold all day on the taxpayer's dime.

What I'm saying is that what the right considers to be an "ACCOMPLISHMENT", the left calls a sin, lie, against the law, stuff like that.

Okay, list Republican accomplishments. Go ahead, I dare you. :badgrin:

And, if you want to read more of President Obama's accomplishments, just check the links in my sig.

Happy reading. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
218 Reasons to Vote Again For President Obama

When libs cannot fight the facts, just go to cut and paste.

Dude, you may think they are accomplishments. We think they are failures.

Carter had his high points too, like breaking the airline union and taking collective bargaining away from federal employees. Not everything Carter did was bad.

BUT HIS FAILURES OVERSHADOWED HIS SUCCESSES.

Same thing goes BIG TIME for Obama.

No cut and paste is going to change that reality.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and who doesnt wanna go back to the days of bush? does anyone actually enjoy the times we are in now? no sign of any future, 15 Trillion in debt?

I know. Libs are trying to "scare" us with going back to the days of Bush.

Oh yeah, I am sooooooo scared of having less than 5% umemployment (which statistically is full employment) and less than a trillion in debt.

Man, who wants to go back to that!????

>> looking forward to the Debbie Wasserman/Pelosi three night comedy hour in august. yah, just keep boasting how Obama saved the country from another depression!

It'll be a great narrative. Romney wants to take us back to the Bush policies, and maybe start a war with Russia.

I was astounded to learn that some posters here actually believe Russia is our enemy and i have no doubt they would love to declare war on them. And, Iran as well. Maybe even - oh - Belize ...

Mittens has a big mouth and a tiny brain. The way he runs off at the mouth, he would have us at war with a half dozen countries before the end of the inauguration!

You libs didn't think Russia was our ememy when it was still the Soviet Union. Bad idea to bring that up.

and who doesnt wanna go back to the days of bush? does anyone actually enjoy the times we are in now? no sign of any future, 15 Trillion in debt?

The Current ReaganBush Debt is:
$10,460,445,976,789.60
which means that in a total of 20 years,
these three presidents have led to the creation of
91.79%
of the entire national debt
in only 8.4746% of the 236 years of the existence of the United States of America.

ReaganBushDebt.org

That would putting the fox in charge of the hen house. We would be utterly stupid to go back to the wild spending the pubs are known for.

There is now one who does not know that.

Get this. Obama's 15 trillion in debt?

It's really Reagan and Bush's fault.

And these idiots think they can get Obama reelected on that.

The simple truth is that Obama is not getting the job done. He is in so far over his head that everything he touches is turning to shit.

Forum List

Back