Democrats Are Jumping Ship

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Perhaps Democrats know something the rest of us don't about Barack Obama's political fortunes. What else explains the increasing numbers who are openly defying the president on two key election issues?

The notoriously thin-skinned Obama could not have been happy with the news last week that, as the Hill newspaper put it, "an increasing number of Democrats are taking potshots at President Obama's health care law."

North Carolina's Brad Miller, who voted for the law, now laments that "we would all have been better off" if Congress had dealt with more pressing issues "and then came back to health care."

Barney Frank complained that the Democrats "paid a terrible price for health care." And Virginia's outgoing Sen. Jim Webb said the law would be Obama's "biggest downside" in the election and had cost him "a lot of credibility as a leader."

Meanwhile, stalwart Massachusetts liberal Elizabeth Warren is now calling to repeal a piece of ObamaCare — the 2.3% tax on medical devices — because, she says, it "disproportionately impacts the small companies with the narrowest financial margins."

Warren, by the way, is running for the Senate seat occupied by Republican Scott Brown, whose victory in 2010 was a result of the public's intense opposition to ObamaCare.

Former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis went furthest. "I think the Affordable Care Act is the single least popular piece of major domestic legislation in the last 70 years," he said. "It was not popular when it passed; it's less popular now." Ouch.

These Democrats are no doubt familiar with polls that show surprisingly little support for ObamaCare within their ranks. Fewer than half of Democrats think the government should be able to force individuals to buy insurance — the core element of ObamaCare — according to the latest IBD/TIPP poll. Only a little more than a third say the Supreme Court should "uphold the entire law."

Read more here: Democrats Increasingly Abandon Obama on Health Care And Keystone - Investors.com

In short, the Rats are starting to abandon ship.

Money quote:

The fact that they're willing to trash-talk Obama's single biggest legislative achievement suggests they're worried about something more than how the Supreme Court will rule.

This fear is even more evident when you look at the growing opposition among Democrats to Obama's position on the Keystone XL pipeline.

And that doesn't even address how he is ALIENATING Catholics, Whites, Those who depend on oil for their jobs, Hispanics, dog lovers, etc, etc, etc.

In an election year Obama seems to be trying to alienate everyone, except radical leftists, and that isn't a big part of the voting public.

He makes Carter look like a solid candiate in comparison. Carter didn't do half this insanity and he lost in a landslide.

And you libs think Obama will win? Only the Good Lord knows for sure, but the Good Lord gave us judgement and my judgement says:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looks like the paid, er I mean liberal "faithful" on this board don't want to address the possibility their messiah is tanking himself.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looks like the paid, er I mean liberal "faithful" on this board don't want to address the possibility their messiah is tanking himself.

No, that's not it. We just get tired of you starting threads and then running away when you get your ass kicked.

Like this...... http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/213304-liberalisms-war-on-tornado-victims.html#post4964138

Sorry, I don't get paid to be online all day, I have a real life to uphold. I know you guys think the world revolves around you and your inane posts, but I have bad news for you. When I leave the forum, it's NOT because of you, and while I'm away, I don't even THINK of you.

Sorry to break your little ego driven hearts.

The gig is up, Nancy Pelosi and Reid pretty much exposed what the Rats are up to. and look at where we are now in comparison to 2005/2006. Like they say,,,,in order to achieve power,,,we need to collapse the system, then blame the republicans. and sure enough, that all originated as the Dems purposely collapsed the banking system in 2008.

Everybody take a deep breath and relax. The Republicans will be running everything after November... Life will get better for all.

Beause the thread is dumb. Romney has totally lost women and Hispanics, for starters. Oh, and probably the whole state of PA!!! :D Let's just see what happens in November. :)

Perhaps Democrats know something the rest of us don't about Barack Obama's political fortunes. What else explains the increasing numbers who are openly defying the president on two key election issues?

The notoriously thin-skinned Obama could not have been happy with the news last week that, as the Hill newspaper put it, "an increasing number of Democrats are taking potshots at President Obama's health care law."

North Carolina's Brad Miller, who voted for the law, now laments that "we would all have been better off" if Congress had dealt with more pressing issues "and then came back to health care."

Barney Frank complained that the Democrats "paid a terrible price for health care." And Virginia's outgoing Sen. Jim Webb said the law would be Obama's "biggest downside" in the election and had cost him "a lot of credibility as a leader."

Meanwhile, stalwart Massachusetts liberal Elizabeth Warren is now calling to repeal a piece of ObamaCare — the 2.3% tax on medical devices — because, she says, it "disproportionately impacts the small companies with the narrowest financial margins."

Warren, by the way, is running for the Senate seat occupied by Republican Scott Brown, whose victory in 2010 was a result of the public's intense opposition to ObamaCare.

Former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis went furthest. "I think the Affordable Care Act is the single least popular piece of major domestic legislation in the last 70 years," he said. "It was not popular when it passed; it's less popular now." Ouch.

These Democrats are no doubt familiar with polls that show surprisingly little support for ObamaCare within their ranks. Fewer than half of Democrats think the government should be able to force individuals to buy insurance — the core element of ObamaCare — according to the latest IBD/TIPP poll. Only a little more than a third say the Supreme Court should "uphold the entire law."

Read more here: Democrats Increasingly Abandon Obama on Health Care And Keystone - Investors.com

Money quote:

The fact that they're willing to trash-talk Obama's single biggest legislative achievement suggests they're worried about something more than how the Supreme Court will rule.

This fear is even more evident when you look at the growing opposition among Democrats to Obama's position on the Keystone XL pipeline.

And that doesn't even address how he is ALIENATING Catholics, Whites, Those who depend on oil for their jobs, Hispanics, dog lovers, etc, etc, etc.

In an election year Obama seems to be trying to alienate everyone, except radical leftists, and that isn't a big part of the voting public.

He makes Carter look like a solid candiate in comparison. Carter didn't do half this insanity and he lost in a landslide.

And you libs think Obama will win? Only the Good Lord knows for sure, but the Good Lord gave us judgement and my judgement says:

When I see idiots who still think Obama is the greatest, I realize that the biggest difference between now and Carter's time is that we have millions more government dependents who don't give a shit about the economy, unemployment and other issues as long as they get their giverment check.

Money quote:

When I see idiots who still think Obama is the greatest, I realize that the biggest difference between now and Carter's time is that we have millions more government dependents who don't give a shit about the economy, unemployment and other issues as long as they get their giverment check.

I don't think you should talk about our retired military that way.

Three members of my family are pretty much life-long Democrat voters. None are politically active, just voters, and one did vote for Reagan but has voted D ever since.

All three tell us they will be voting for Romney in November. Oh, and all three are women.

Obviously, one family is not statistically significant. Just a personal observation.

Money quote:

I know you're not very bright, but even you should realize the polls show you're a liar.

But whatever makes you laughing idiots feel better about yourselves.

Money quote:

I don't think you should talk about our retired military that way.

Excuse me, but military earned it. The only true entitlements are military retirement, social security and Medicare because people paid their dues for years. Welfare is just a matter of charity that got out of hand. We're making people too comfortable in "poverty." The poor, non-working people are living well and have no incentive to go a different route.

What kind of idiot would present a factless IBD editorial as fact. They might as well use Storm Front.

Forum List

Back