Democrats Announce Hearing On Trump’s Tax Returns

If they find

That he's in debt

Or is doing business with suspicious persons

It will matter.

Otherwise...mehhhhh
/——/ If being in debt is illegal, 3/4 of the country will be locked up. Does anyone add business with “suspicious persons” on their tax return? Have you ever filed a tax return?
How about money laundering for Russia? Is that OK? Trumps sons said money was pouring in from Russia.

Makes sense...I’m sure those “laundering” money always openly talk about it “pouring” in from the source.
Haha...you desperate Tardos as so fun to watch. Please don’t ever stop.

Last edited:
If they find

That he's in debt

It will matter.

Otherwise...mehhhhh
/——/ If being in debt is illegal, 3/4 of the country will be locked up. Does anyone add business with “suspicious persons” on their tax return? Have you ever filed a tax return?
How about money laundering for Russia? Is that OK? Trumps sons said money was pouring in from Russia.

Makes sense...I’m sure those “laundering” money always openly talk it “pouring” in from the source.
Why not?

Trump openly threatens witnesses.

He lies constantly to the American people.

He stood right up in front of the entire world with Vladimir Putin and called our intelligence agencies liars and said he believed Vladimir.

So yeah Trump is bold.

He told his base believe what I tell you not what you see or hear and they do.

Pelosi is on a mission to bring Trump down

And so are millions of Americans; of which I am one.

So you believe in mob rule. Sorry, we are a nation of laws and this road that this nation is going down is rule by polls, that is extremely dangerous.

If taxes are required to show to run for President, then why is it not a law? If it was a law, I’d be all for Trump showing his taxes however this is a witch-hunt for a man Democrats hate and just pure hate and petty politics, I don’t think Democrats are any better than Trump or Republicans as they seek the low ground.

If they find

That he's in debt

It will matter.

Otherwise...mehhhhh

Makes sense...I’m sure those “laundering” money always openly talk it “pouring” in from the source.
Why not?

Trump openly threatens witnesses.

He lies constantly to the American people.

He stood right up in front of the entire world with Vladimir Putin and called our intelligence agencies liars and said he believed Vladimir.

So yeah Trump is bold.

He told his base believe what I tell you not what you see or hear and they do.

President Trump hasn't threatened a soul, dean. Just because Admitted Liar Michael Cohen said his President threatened him, doesn't mean it happened.

Cohen is a self admitted, confessed Piece of Shit. The fiend worked as an attorney for years, taping and bugging his own clients to get dirt on them for blackmail or other purposes. I wouldn't put any weight on what the man has to say

There is no law requiring a Presidential candidate to release his tax information. So, if there is no law, why is he being required to? That makes no sense and what others want to do is fine, if it is not required, it should not be required.
Then why did you Trumptards drool at the mouth when Trump promised to all that he'd release them?

Why was that?

I never needed to see his returns, never cared. When I heard he was going to release, I still didn’t care. I didn’t vote for hm for a lot of other reasons, tax returns weren’t an issue for me. No law stating he had to release them, so why should Congress need to look at them?
Because there is a question of money laundering along with other devious methods only those with many CPA's working for him would know

So? You without cause, without evidence Democrats believe their is money laundering, Gee, a Democrat not trusting a Republican, imagine that, so that gives the government the right to seize tax returns and open an investigation. You worry about a Trump-Russia connection and you don’t think think this House tactic isn’t like the KGB?

This is nothing but spite and hate, that is all that it is. Pelosi is on a mission to bring Trump down, not because he has done anything wrong but because he is a Republican and she hates him.

I am over the petty politics.
Without cause?

Fine. Let’s see the tax returns and clear that up.

What are you afraid of?

I am not afraid of his taxes, like I said and have said, if it was an actual law, I’d be all for it, but this is not, this is a bunch of petty, vindictive partisan nuts trying to upsurp or laws and our Constitution with made up agendas and made up accusations. It’s partisan politics at its worst.

You have a special prosecutor that Democrats claim to trust investigating Trump and if they have probable cause to look at his taxes so be it, the House is just being vindictive, petty and childish.

There is no law requiring a Presidential candidate to release his tax information. So, if there is no law, why is he being required to? That makes no sense and what others want to do is fine, if it is not required, it should not be required.
Then why did you Trumptards drool at the mouth when Trump promised to all that he'd release them?

Why was that?

I never needed to see his returns, never cared. When I heard he was going to release, I still didn’t care. I didn’t vote for hm for a lot of other reasons, tax returns weren’t an issue for me. No law stating he had to release them, so why should Congress need to look at them?
Because there is a question of money laundering along with other devious methods only those with many CPA's working for him would know

So? You without cause, without evidence Democrats believe their is money laundering, Gee, a Democrat not trusting a Republican, imagine that, so that gives the government the right to seize tax returns and open an investigation. You worry about a Trump-Russia connection and you don’t think think this House tactic isn’t like the KGB?

This is nothing but spite and hate, that is all that it is. Pelosi is on a mission to bring Trump down, not because he has done anything wrong but because he is a Republican and she hates him.

I am over the petty politics.
Without cause?

Fine. Let’s see the tax returns and clear that up.

What are you afraid of?

So if you are now accused, you want a person guilty until proven innocent? Sorry, that isn’t my America.

Democrats will hold the hearing instead of just trying to obtain the documents.

The secrecy of President Donald Trump’s tax returns will be the subject of a hearing next week, Democrats in the House of Representatives announced Thursday.

Democrats have had the power to request Trump’s tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service since they assumed control of the House this year, but they’ve hesitated. To build the public case for disclosure, the House tax committee’s oversight panel will examine its authority to obtain the president’s tax returns at a Feb. 7 hearing.

Trump was the first major presidential candidate in 40 years not to release tax returns, which would have revealed detailed information about his sources of income and how much tax he pays. Democrats vowed to get the returns themselves, but haven’t done it yet.

Pressure is building, with an ABC News/Washington Post poll showing a healthy majority of Americans support the move. Tax March, a coalition of liberal groups, has been pressuring Democrats to hurry up, and Democratic members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus have been getting antsy, too.

Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass.), the chairman of the tax committee, has said he wants time “to lay out a case” for the move and that staffers drafting the request are doing it “methodically” and need time.

Trump’s tax returns could show whether he evaded taxes, as a blockbuster New York Times report alleged that he and his father, Fred Trump, did for decades in the 20th century. The returns could also provide information about the sources of financing and debt at his multi-billion dollar real estate business.

As part of the public case, Democrats introduced legislation by Reps. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) and Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) that would require presidential candidates to disclose 10 years of tax returns.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin has hinted that he will not comply with the Democrats’ request, which could get tied up in court for months.

More: Democrats Announce Hearing On Trump's Tax Returns

Well, slow but sure - hopefully. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin will likely be forced to turn them over. What do you think?

can you be honest about why you want them? probably not, but let me try.

you want them so that the dems and the media can make up lies about what they say. Trump's tax returns are hundreds of pages of complex filings. He uses tax lawyers to prepare them and they are audited every year.

If the dems were to obtain them, they would pull out one or two pages, make up lies about what they say, and dominate the news cycle with those lies for weeks. We all know that is exactly what would happen and the country would get nothing done while that BS played out and in the end nothing illegal will be found.

If he was cheating don't you think the Obama IRS would have made a big deal of it in 2016? the media actually got his 2005 return and found nothing illegal, improper, ot not in compliance with the tax code.

This is but another ruse to take the attention away from the good economy, improved trade deals, high employment, and improved international relations. The dems are desperate, they have no one to run that has any credibility. This is a joke and you dems are the butt of it.
Did his money come from Russia ,,,, money laundering ?? and republicans can care less?? And you call yourselves Americans ? lol WHAT does Putin have on him?

If any of that was true, don't you think the IRS auditors would have found it? Are you now trying to claim that the IRS that targeted conservative groups was in Trump's pocket? Are you saying that the IRS under Obama was corrupt? Duh, you make zero sense.
Come on man ,,You don't think Trump with teams of lawyers and CPA's couldn't twist laws underpay here over pay there ? The man has been an outright con man and like crime ,,,he doesn't pay And if he did pay some I bet it amounted to 15% or less BUT like Kirshner who doesn't pay he might not either Just for your own education google how kirshner gets away with paying anything

I think like all rich people and intelligent people of all income levels, Trump and his tax lawyers work to minimize his tax liability while staying in full compliance with the laws and tax code.

you are creating a false narrative because your wonderful crooked Hillary lost, that's all this is, why cant you admit that to yourself?

The secrecy of President Donald Trump’s tax returns will be the subject of a hearing next week, Democrats in the House of Representatives announced Thursday.

Democrats have had the power to request Trump’s tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service since they assumed control of the House this year, but they’ve hesitated. To build the public case for disclosure, the House tax committee’s oversight panel will examine its authority to obtain the president’s tax returns at a Feb. 7 hearing.

Trump was the first major presidential candidate in 40 years not to release tax returns, which would have revealed detailed information about his sources of income and how much tax he pays. Democrats vowed to get the returns themselves, but haven’t done it yet.

Pressure is building, with an ABC News/Washington Post poll showing a healthy majority of Americans support the move. Tax March, a coalition of liberal groups, has been pressuring Democrats to hurry up, and Democratic members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus have been getting antsy, too.

Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass.), the chairman of the tax committee, has said he wants time “to lay out a case” for the move and that staffers drafting the request are doing it “methodically” and need time.

Trump’s tax returns could show whether he evaded taxes, as a blockbuster New York Times report alleged that he and his father, Fred Trump, did for decades in the 20th century. The returns could also provide information about the sources of financing and debt at his multi-billion dollar real estate business.

As part of the public case, Democrats introduced legislation by Reps. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) and Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) that would require presidential candidates to disclose 10 years of tax returns.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin has hinted that he will not comply with the Democrats’ request, which could get tied up in court for months.

Well, slow but sure - hopefully. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin will likely be forced to turn them over. What do you think?

you want them so that the dems and the media can make up lies about what they say. Trump's tax returns are hundreds of pages of complex filings. He uses tax lawyers to prepare them and they are audited every year.

If the dems were to obtain them, they would pull out one or two pages, make up lies about what they say, and dominate the news cycle with those lies for weeks. We all know that is exactly what would happen and the country would get nothing done while that BS played out and in the end nothing illegal will be found.

If he was cheating don't you think the Obama IRS would have made a big deal of it in 2016? the media actually got his 2005 return and found nothing illegal, improper, ot not in compliance with the tax code.

This is but another ruse to take the attention away from the good economy, improved trade deals, high employment, and improved international relations. The dems are desperate, they have no one to run that has any credibility. This is a joke and you dems are the butt of it.
Did his money come from Russia ,,,, money laundering ?? and republicans can care less?? And you call yourselves Americans ? lol WHAT does Putin have on him?

If any of that was true, don't you think the IRS auditors would have found it? Are you now trying to claim that the IRS that targeted conservative groups was in Trump's pocket? Are you saying that the IRS under Obama was corrupt? Duh, you make zero sense.
Here RED I'll do your's and ice's job for you
Question: When will the federal authorities charge Al Sharpton with tax fraud? He owes millions after all.

You might actually want to learn about the federal tax code, questioner, before you ask leading questions.

The fact that you know (or claim to know) that Al Sharpton owes “millions” in back taxes, penalties and fines is that:

1. He’s publicly acknowledged it.
  2. The IRS has filed liens against him
  3. The information of the liens is publicly available.
If the Internal Revenue Service either thought that Sharpton could not pay or would not, they would:

1. File charges against him.
  2. Take him to court
  3. Seize his assets
  4. Imprison him if he’s convicted and if it appears that he isn’t living up to his commitments or is actively attempting to conceal income.
Since they are not doing that, it’s a safe assumption to believe that Mr. Sharpton has established a repayment plan and is actively meeting the requirements of that plan. If he was not, then he would now be facing serious charges and he would be in a great deal of trouble.

Again, your question implies that you have some knowledge of the tax code and how the Internal revenue Service operates. If you do, then you already know the answer and you are simply attempting to bash Sharpton for reasons unknown. If you don’t, then you really should learn the basics and then come back when you have a question that has merit.

2.9k Views · View 13 Upvoters

I don't know if Sharpton has a repayment plan in place or not, neither do you. I hope he does, if so why doesn't he acknowledge it and shut us up?

If they find

That he's in debt

It will matter.

Otherwise...mehhhhh

So if it is pouring in, you have any evidence that money is being laundered? The company I work for has money pouring in on government contracts, that doesn’t mean it is being laundered. You have nothing but partisan politics to want to see Trumps taxes, just made up feeling s that he might be doing something wrong. Should we start arresting an interrogating everyone that we may believe they are involved in wrongdoing? You really want to toss away innocent until proven guilty?

If they find

That he's in debt

It will matter.

Otherwise...mehhhhh

its not illegal to do business in Russia or any other foreign country.

Are you interested in the 145 million in Russian money that was funneled to the Clinton foundation?

Trump could short circuit this by releasing his papers. Why wont he do this ?

Answered in the post before yours. No matter how innocuous, the hate is queued up, ready to go. It's the same reason Obama didn't release his college records and a Hillary deleted all those emails. Nothing too hide, right?

its not illegal to do business in Russia or any other foreign country.

Technically no. But the level of corruption in Russia is SO high that to do business there you almost HAVE to be involved in corruption in some way

You don't even know what money laundering is. Only cash received as proceeds in the commission of a crime can be "laundered." So what illegal received cash did Trump launder? The fact that he received cash from a Russian doesn't make it illegal, dumbfuck.

Russian government officials have been stealing the wealth of that nation for decades now...and the take that money out if the country to LAUNDER it.

AIding in that ILLEGAL effort is itself ILLEGAL

Come on man ,,You don't think Trump with teams of lawyers and CPA's couldn't twist laws underpay here over pay there ? The man has been an outright con man and like crime ,,,he doesn't pay And if he did pay some I bet it amounted to 15% or less BUT like Kirshner who doesn't pay he might not either Just for your own education google how kirshner gets away with paying anything

The IRS found no violations, so that's the end of the story. What you and your ilk want to do is take Trumps perfectly legal deductions and spin them as a "tax scam," which is a meaningless term.

Russian government officials have been stealing the wealth of that nation for decades now...and the take that money out if the country to LAUNDER it.

AIding in that ILLEGAL effort is itself ILLEGAL
First, you would have to prove any money they gave Trump was illegal, which is a difficult row to hoe. Second: you have to prove he actually received any money from Russians, which no one has managed to do.

Congress CAN subpoena them yea

Why does that terrify Trumpers so?

If there's nothing to hide....

The problem is that the tax returns might be leaked to the public.

Congress may have the right to see them, just like the staff at the IRS.

The problem is with public exposition of them.

The chance of demagoguery is high.
returns were leaked. he paid more then obama and hillary.
That was one cherry picked return and are you sure he didn't get most back the following year with a refund? The man is a con artist No dirty trick is beneath him
heh - see what i mean?

don't matter shit what happens or where. you're gonna go WAH TRUMP SUCKS AND IS A LIAR!!!!

i'm sorry you got that much hate in you but it changes nothing that people "leaked" trumps returns and didn't find what they wanted. EVEN IF EVERY OTHER RETURN looked the same, you'd hate it and find something to say trump is still doing something wrong.

that's on you.
If trump paid a fair amount of taxes why not show them? He's nothing but a lying cheating con man and you folks are blind ?
You've already been told 10,000 times. How many times are you going to ask the same dumbass ingenuous question?

Pelosi is on a mission to bring Trump down

And so are millions of Americans; of which I am one.

So you believe in mob rule. Sorry, we are a nation of laws and this road that this nation is going down is rule by polls, that is extremely dangerous.

If taxes are required to show to run for President, then why is it not a law? If it was a law, I’d be all for Trump showing his taxes however this is a witch-hunt for a man Democrats hate and just pure hate and petty politics, I don’t think Democrats are any better than Trump or Republicans as they seek the low ground.
I think any such law would violate the 4th Amendment.

Forum List

Back