Democrat Kamala Harris obliterated on Twitter...AGAIN

And no, taxpayers pay the brunt...as I just showed you. Is that what Alex Jones teaches you, to completely ignore facts?
Oh sweetie....you added a link to Obamacare while talking about the law passed by Tip O'Neil and the Dumbocrats in the 1980's which forced hospitals to accept any and all patients regardless of their ability to pay. :laugh:

You are so confused right now - you literally have no idea which way is up. Sweetie - Barack Obama was snorting coke and smoking pot at Columbia when that bill was passed. We all know that Obamacare shifts the burden to tay payers. But we were talking about the 1980's. You know.....almost 4 decades before Obamacare. :eusa_doh:

I provided you a link that explains to you who pays for emergency room visits. The bulk comes from taxpayers. I realize it proved you wrong and you're trying to obfuscate but you're still wrong. Taxpayers pay for the bipartisan law passed by Congress and signed by the Sainted Ronald of Reagan.
I realize you're embarrassed that you linked to an article about Obamacare while we were discussing legislation from Tip O'Neill's Congress while Obama was still in college (and you should be) but that doesn't change the idiocy of your post.

No sweetie - the tax payer did not pick up the cost from that legislation. There was no governing body for hospitals to submit reimbursements to and nobody would have reimbursed them anyway.

As usual - you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Healthcare is labor provided by others. You do not have a right to another persons labor. The 13th amendment ended that argument definitively

Sorry --- "care" is not "labor".
Yes, care certainly is labor. Do you really mean to claim that doctors and nurses don't deserve to be paid?

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

No Fingerboy, I said nothing about money at all.

Try reading the post I was quoting. Context. What a concept.

You just said that the best solution to our healthcare costs problems is getting as many people as possible covered. Don't you think history has shown that your proposed solution of "allowing the individual to handle their own business" hasn't worked. People have always been allowed to handle their own business and these problems have escalated.
People haven't been permitted to handle their own business since the 1800's. And guess what? Healthcare was ultra affordable back then. People didn't even need health insurance. It was so affordable - they could pay out of pocket.

Want another example? Government has not intervened at all in the laser eye surgery industry (yet). All we've seen is prices absolutely plummet while technology and results have skyrocketed.
Lets get out of the 1800's talk and deal with our system during the last half century, shall we? So explain to me how the people haven't been permitted to handle their own business. From what i've seen, before obamacare people could buy whatever insurance they wanted or they could buy nothing. I think most people would agree that there was a build up of problems and increases in costs that ultimately led to the passing of Obamacare. Nowhere do I see this handcuffing of the people.

Obamacare actually got 20 million people coverage, that is a good thing.
While actually causing 10 million people to lose their current coverage and causing prices to skyrocket for all of society. Absolutely through the roof. And oh yeah - adding trillions to the national debt.

Sorry - but that is catastrophic failure. A net gain of 10 million insured (many of which are gang bangers, crack whores, etc.) at the expense of good, hard working, law abiding citizens and massive national debt is a special kind of stupid that could only come from the left.
False claim, your statement assumes that the people who lost their coverage didn't get coverage from another source, which is true in most cases. There has been a ton of false stories about this "lost coverage" here is more info on it

'Millions' Lost Insurance - FactCheck.org

Wonderful, then you just proved that Democrats and Republicans are both part of the problem. Perhaps you can now stop pointing the partisan finger at democrats for being the sole cause of everything you complain about.
Not all chief. Dumbocrats create the problem and the American people turn to the Republicans to clean it up. That places them in a precarious position. What has been your mantra on this board for years now? "The Republicans had their chance to 'fix' healthcare and they did nothing". Republicans obeyed the Constitution and stayed out of it. Dumbocrats fucked everything up (as always) and now Republicans are left with a legislative and political nightmare.
I haven't been on this board for years... And yes the Republicans can repeal the ACA and take government out of the game if they feel that is the best thing for this country. They have control.

sd
Also, welfare, SS and Medicare all passed with bipartisan support.
Republicans vehemently opposed all three. You need to check your facts like you had to about the government "paying for the uninsured". Your statement there is 100% false. Here is far left-wing ThinkProgress my friend (funded by none other than George Soros himself):

Flashback: Republicans Opposed Medicare In 1960s By Warning Of Rationing, ‘Socialized Medicine’
Republicans were just about split down the middle on Medicad
No they weren't. At all. I just proved that. They vehemently opposed all of it. And they accurately predicted exactly what the results would be.
Dude, you posted a few quotes. I posted the actual votes that passed both Social Security and Medicare. Both had majority support from both Dems and Reps

Our government makes and enforces the laws of our nation. They have the power to change the constitution if they want as they have done multiple times in the past.
Some of things you say are just jaw-dropping crazy. The only way the U.S. Constitution can be altered is through the amendment process. Social Security was not a legal and proper amendment to the constitution and even the Democrats would tell you that. Medicare was not a legal and proper amendment to the constitution and even the Democrats would tell you that. Medicaid was not a legal and proper amendment to the constitution and even the Democrats would tell you that. Obamacare was not a legal and proper amendment to the constitution and even the Democrats would tell you that.

In all of those cases (and more) they were standard legislation which the federal government expanded their own power beyond the 18 enumerate delegated to them by the states, without a constitutional amendment.
No shit sherlock... But it also doesn't say anything in the constitution about a state being able to give somebody a ticket for driving over the speed limit or running a red light. How about the war on drugs, what does the constitution say about that?

Again....just because women get raped every day doesn't mean rape is allowed in America. Is just illustrates that we have criminals and criminals don't obey the law. That goes for government as well.
Poor example, you are stretching and I think you know it...
It's a perfect example. Breaking the law is breaking the law. You want to convince yourself and others that the government is in complete and total control and are free to do whatever they want and that is simply not the case.
Uh yeah, thats pretty much how our system works. We have laws don't we? Our government creates the laws. They are elected by the people. If the people feel that any law is not right they can repeal it through congress or the courts or presidental veto. How do you not understand this?

Lets get out of the 1800's talk and deal with our system during the last half century, shall we?
Why? Because the system worked so flawless in that era that you'd rather avoid discussin it? :dunno:
So explain to me how the people haven't been permitted to handle their own business.
Damn you have short term memory. We just got through discussing the government mandating that hospitals provide care for anyone who walks through their doors (Tip O'Neill's Congress).

In addition to that - Democrats created Medicaid and Medicare which drove up costs (just like government student loans caused college tuition to skyrocket). When the consumer has limited money - a hospital must keep prices low or they won't have any customers. When government is picking up the bill (while simultaneously forcing them to provide free service), they jack prices through the roof.
Nowhere do I see this handcuffing of the people.
Unfortunately - like all lefties - you see exactly what you want to see rather than just accepting reality. Medicare, Medicaid, and the 1980's legislation caused healthcare costs to shoot the roof. Obamacare caused health insurance costs to shoot the roof. You people have obliterated American healthcare. It's what you always do.

False claim, your statement assumes that the people who lost their coverage didn't get coverage from another source, which is true in most cases.
It doesn't matter! They lost their coverage through absolutely no fault of their own bu5 rather through government stupidity. And then they had to pay three times as much for half the coverage for the new coverage they were forced to seek out.

There is absolutely no excuse for government causing 10 million people to lose their coverage. Especially when it was highly illegal for them to even meddle in healthcare in the first place.

I haven't been on this board for years... And yes the Republicans can repeal the ACA and take government out of the game if they feel that is the best thing for this country. They have control.
And they should. But then they will have to listen to the false narrative that they are "heartless bastards who stole healthcare away from everyone and killed babies" from the lying left. It's a political nightmare for them every time they are called in to rescue the nation from the failed left-wing policies of the Dumbocrats.

But it also doesn't say anything in the constitution about a state being able to give somebody a ticket for driving over the speed limit or running a red light. How about the war on drugs, what does the constitution say about that?
Actually....it does. The 10th Amendment clearly states:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
The states absolutely are empowered to create traffic laws, drug laws, zoning laws, etc. Hell, the states can even create Obamacare (and Massachusetts did under Mitt Romney).

At this point I think I'm just going to ignore anything else you post. You're a good dude, but you're absolutely clueless about the U.S. Constitution or how your own system of government works. It's a waste of time and painful to listen to your astounding misinformation. Study the constitution and then come back and talk to us.[/QUOTE]

Lets get out of the 1800's talk and deal with our system during the last half century, shall we?
Why? Because the system worked so flawless in that era that you'd rather avoid discussin it? :dunno:
So explain to me how the people haven't been permitted to handle their own business.
Damn you have short term memory. We just got through discussing the government mandating that hospitals provide care for anyone who walks through their doors (Tip O'Neill's Congress).

In addition to that - Democrats created Medicaid and Medicare which drove up costs (just like government student loans caused college tuition to skyrocket). When the consumer has limited money - a hospital must keep prices low or they won't have any customers. When government is picking up the bill (while simultaneously forcing them to provide free service), they jack prices through the roof.
Nowhere do I see this handcuffing of the people.
Unfortunately - like all lefties - you see exactly what you want to see rather than just accepting reality. Medicare, Medicaid, and the 1980's legislation caused healthcare costs to shoot the roof. Obamacare caused health insurance costs to shoot the roof. You people have obliterated American healthcare. It's what you always do.
I'm not doing the broken record thing with you again. I made points with proof to debunk your claims and they went right over your head. Try again when you can be honest

The Feds have
But it also doesn't say anything in the constitution about a state being able to give somebody a ticket for driving over the speed limit or running a red light. How about the war on drugs, what does the constitution say about that?
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
The states absolutely are empowered to create traffic laws, drug laws, zoning laws, etc. Hell, the states can even create Obamacare (and Massachusetts did under Mitt Romney).

At this point I think I'm just going to ignore anything else you post. You're a good dude, but you're absolutely clueless about the U.S. Constitution or how your own system of government works. It's a waste of time and painful to listen to your astounding misinformation. Study the constitution and then come back and talk to us.
[/QUOTE]
the Feds have drug laws Mr Smarty pants, not just states. They had the CAA and now the FAA regulating aviation. None of which is in the constitution. There are dozens of other examples that directly dispute your point.

Healthcare is labor provided by others. You do not have a right to another persons labor. The 13th amendment ended that argument definitively

Yes, care certainly is labor. Do you really mean to claim that doctors and nurses don't deserve to be paid?

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

No Fingerboy, I said nothing about money at all.

Try reading the post I was quoting. Context. What a concept.

So do doctors and nurses perform care or not?

Please make yourself clear instead of making everyone play 20 guesses.

The Feds have

At this point I think I'm just going to ignore anything else you post. You're a good dude, but you're absolutely clueless about the U.S. Constitution or how your own system of government works. It's a waste of time and painful to listen to your astounding misinformation. Study the constitution and then come back and talk to us.
the Feds have drug laws Mr Smarty pants, not just states. They had the CAA and now the FAA regulating aviation. None of which is in the constitution. There are dozens of other examples that directly dispute your point.

Yep, none of those power are in the Constitution, which is why these agencies are a violation of the Constitution.

And no, taxpayers pay the brunt...as I just showed you. Is that what Alex Jones teaches you, to completely ignore facts?
Oh sweetie....you added a link to Obamacare while talking about the law passed by Tip O'Neil and the Dumbocrats in the 1980's which forced hospitals to accept any and all patients regardless of their ability to pay. :laugh:

You are so confused right now - you literally have no idea which way is up. Sweetie - Barack Obama was snorting coke and smoking pot at Columbia when that bill was passed. We all know that Obamacare shifts the burden to tay payers. But we were talking about the 1980's. You know.....almost 4 decades before Obamacare. :eusa_doh:

I provided you a link that explains to you who pays for emergency room visits. The bulk comes from taxpayers. I realize it proved you wrong and you're trying to obfuscate but you're still wrong. Taxpayers pay for the bipartisan law passed by Congress and signed by the Sainted Ronald of Reagan.
I realize you're embarrassed that you linked to an article about Obamacare while we were discussing legislation from Tip O'Neill's Congress while Obama was still in college (and you should be) but that doesn't change the idiocy of your post.

No sweetie - the tax payer did not pick up the cost from that legislation. There was no governing body for hospitals to submit reimbursements to and nobody would have reimbursed them anyway.

You're the that should be embarrassed....You obviously stopped reading after the first paragraph. I realize the article had lot of big words you had to sound out slowly, but the linked article did explain to you how you were wrong in your claim that taxpayers don't pay for St Ronald's law. They do, to the tune of billions.

Maybe you'll believe Heritage?

Because of the legal force of EMTALA, expanding the ED also means implicitly expanding the hospital's role as the principal provider of charity care in the community, despite the fact that the ED is an inappropriate place in which to care for many of those patients. This, in turn, has led hospitals during the past two decades to pressure federal, state, and local governments into providing direct taxpayer subsidies to offset the substantial cost of the "free care" that governments expect them to provide.

Politically, this pressure has been successful. It has turned EMTALA's direct mandate on hospitals into an indirect mandate on all American taxpayers.

The Crisis in America's Emergency Rooms and What Can Be Done

You were wrong. over it.

The linked article did explain to you how you were wrong in your claim that taxpayers don't pay for St Ronald's law. They do, to the tune of billions.
You're so profoundly wrong on all of this that you can't even figure out whose law it was. This is yet another illustration of how ignorant you are of how your own government operates. The President does not - and cannot - create law, snowflake. It was Tip O'Neill and the Dumbocrats in Congress who created the law. But of course, you never accept the ineptitude and catastrophic failures of your side of the aisle.

So please enlighten us - what governing body did hospitals submit reimbursements to for patients treated that didn't have any coverage? I'll wait... :laugh:

It comes down to what is a "right". You have the right to free speech, for example. That requires no effort on anyone else's part, it only prevents others from shutting you up. You can stand on a street corner and say political things, but no one is obligated to purchase a sound system and give you a microphone. A "right" to healthcare, OTOH, means that you can demand that others put forth effort on your behalf. Someone has to build hospitals, supply a lot of medical goods, pay doctors, nurses and orderlies. That's the difference.

Forum List

Back