Democracy Creates Jobs

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
"This idea that a few wealthy people -- the 'producers' -- hand everything down to the rest of us -- 'the parasites' -- is fundamentally at odds with the concept of democracy.

"In a democracy we all have an equal voice and an equal stake in how our society and our economy does.

"We do not 'depend' on the good graces of a favored few for our livelihoods.

"We all are supposed to have an equal opportunity, and equal rights. And there are things we are all entitled to -- 'entitlements' -- that we get just because we were born here. But we all share in the responsibility to cover the costs of democracy --"

Rich parasites don't create jobs.
Demand creates jobs.

"If you ask around you will find that every business tries to employ the right number of people to meet the demand. Any business owner or manager will tell you that they hire based on need, not on how much they have in the bank...

"Taxes make absolutely no difference in the hiring equation."

Actually, "the Rich" Don't "Create Jobs," We Do | Truthout

Let's think about this......

Democracy = Majority

The Majority of Americans want a good job.

Nope....... doesn't work that way, sorry
:cuckoo:

"This idea that a few wealthy people -- the 'producers' -- hand everything down to the rest of us -- 'the parasites' -- is fundamentally at odds with the concept of democracy.

That's true, but Democracy is a colossal swindle, so that's not a good argument in favor of democracy.

"In a democracy we all have an equal voice and an equal stake in how our society and our economy does.

Even the morons and the parasites have an equal voice. That's the fundamental flaw of democracy.

"We do not 'depend' on the good graces of a favored few for our livelihoods.

Right, so you don't want to tax the rich? What have you been smoking?

"We all are supposed to have an equal opportunity, and equal rights. And there are things we are all entitled to -- 'entitlements' -- that we get just because we were born here. But we all share in the responsibility to cover the costs of democracy --"

God, where did you get this hokum? Where did you learn you are entitled to anything simply because of the fact of your birth? What you've posted is the moral code of the parasite, the tic on the ass of society who thinks he's entitled to what others produce and that they have some obligation to provide him with everything he wants.

Rich parasites don't create jobs.
Demand creates jobs.

That's true, because most people who become rich did so by producing goods and services that people want. Parasites work for the government and produce nothing that anyone would pay for voluntarily. That's why the government extracts it from your hide at gunpoint.

"If you ask around you will find that every business tries to employ the right number of people to meet the demand. Any business owner or manager will tell you that they hire based on need, not on how much they have in the bank...

And that proves exactly what?

That's what you get for "asking around." Perhaps if you actually knew anyone who owned a businesses, you wouldn't post such idiot theories.

That's true, but Democracy is a colossal swindle, so that's not a good argument in favor of democracy.

Even the morons and the parasites have an equal voice. That's the fundamental flaw of democracy.

Right, so you don't want to tax the rich? What have you been smoking?

God, where did you get this hokum? Where did you learn you are entitled to anything simply because of the fact of your birth? What you've posted is the moral code of the parasite, the tic on the ass of society who thinks he's entitled to what others produce and that they have some obligation to provide him with everything he wants.

That's true, because most people who become rich did so by producing goods and services that people want. Parasites work for the government and produce nothing that anyone would pay for voluntarily. That's why the government extracts it from your hide at gunpoint.

And that proves exactly what?

That's what you get for "asking around." Perhaps if you actually knew anyone who owned a businesses, you wouldn't post such idiot theories.
Did you even bother to read my link?

"I used to own a business and have been in senior positions at other businesses, and I know many others who have started and operated businesses of all sizes.

"I can tell you from direct experience that I tried very hard to employ the right number of people. What I mean by this is that when there were lots of customers I would add people to meet the demand. And when demand slacked off I had to let people go."

Notice the quotation marks?
Know what they mean?
Did the government teach you to read?
Were you taught at gunpoint?

Do you ever tire of proving your ignorance and idiocy?

Democracy = Majority

Do you think the majority of Americans see how ridiculous it is to associate taxes with hiring?

Probably the same number of people that think that posting like this is fucking childish
Icons are fucking childish

"A democracy is supposed have a progressive tax structure that is in proportion to the means to pay.

"We do this because those who get more from the system do so because the democratic system offers them that ability.

"Their wealth is because of our system and therefore they owe back to the system in proportion.

"(Plus, history has taught the lesson that great wealth opposes democracy, so democracy must oppose the accumulation of great, disproportional wealth. In other words, part of the contract of living in a democracy is your obligation to protect the democracy and high taxes at the top is one of those protections.)"

Did you even bother to read my link?

"I used to own a business and have been in senior positions at other businesses, and I know many others who have started and operated businesses of all sizes.

Some Democrat owns a business, so we're all supposed to prostrate ourselves before him and worship everything he says?

This is the typical liberal appeal to bogus authorities.

"I can tell you from direct experience that I tried very hard to employ the right number of people. What I mean by this is that when there were lots of customers I would add people to meet the demand. And when demand slacked off I had to let people go."

Who ever believed that businesses don't try to hire the right number of people? That's a straw man argument. Taxation affects the number of customers who have enough money to buy the products a business sells. It also affects the amount of money a business has available to fund expansion.

Notice the quotation marks?
Know what they mean?
Did the government teach you to read?
Were you taught at gunpoint?

Do you ever tire of proving your ignorance and idiocy?

ROFL! The biggest nitwit in the forum is calling someone else stupid?

Some Democrat who used to own a business made the claim "taxes make absolutely no difference in the hiring equation."

Care to refute it?

Taxation does not affect the number of customers with enough money to buy products nearly as much as employment does. Only the Soviet Union in the last decade of its existence lost more jobs than the US did between 2000 -2010.

In a consumer driven economy designed to serve people NOT profits, "regular people coming through the door with money in their pockets is what keeps everything going..."

"When all the money goes to a few at the top everything breaks down. Taxing people at the top and reinvesting money into the democratic society is fundamental to keeping things going."

Democracy = Majority

Do you think the majority of Americans see how ridiculous it is to associate taxes with hiring?

And, like, you can read peoples minds to.

Probably not.

I suspect most Americans are too distracted by corporate propaganda and celebrity to think critically about taxes or hiring.

I can remember only two occasions during my 64 years when a majority of Americans were paying close attention to the political/economic events influencing their lives.

The peak of the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962.

The week following 911.

Quite possibly a similar economic crisis will be required before most Americans begin paying attention to things like the relationship between taxes and hiring.

Some Democrat who used to own a business made the claim "taxes make absolutely no difference in the hiring equation."

Care to refute it?

I just did, and you admitted it. Raising taxes reduces the amount of money consumers have available to spend. That means lower sales. Taxes on profits reduce the money a corporation has available to invest in future production. That means fewer jobs. It also means a lower standard of living.

Taxation does not affect the number of customers with enough money to buy products nearly as much as employment does. Only the Soviet Union in the last decade of its existence lost more jobs than the US did between 2000 -2010.

The reduction in jobs was cause purely by the sub-prime mortgage fiasco, a fiasco wholely owned by the government. Furthermore, what you're saying is that unemployment causes unemployment. That wouldn't be the first time you've engaged in circular logic.

In a consumer driven economy designed to serve people NOT profits, "regular people coming through the door with money in their pockets is what keeps everything going..."

Marxist mumbo-jumbo. There's no such thing as a "consumer driven economy." No one can be a consumer without also being a producer. Again, what you've said is that having people working is what keeps people working - circular logic. That's the problem with getting your economics from Marxist propaganda. Reading the work of ignorant fools will only make you end up looking like a fool yourself.

"When all the money goes to a few at the top everything breaks down. Taxing people at the top and reinvesting money into the democratic society is fundamental to keeping things going."

Taxing people never created one net job. How does taking money from one group of people and giving it to another create a job?

True Democracy=Mob Rule. /Story.
Can you provide a recent historical example of what you mean by "True Democracy?"

If the choice is between Oligarchy or Democracy, which side are you on?

It depends on who's running the oligarchy. An enlightened dictatorship is often better than democracy. Take Chile under Pinochet, for example.

Our local Green Party nut case posted the same article on a local board this morning. I'll say the same thing, again:

I've never received a pay check signed by a poor man.
Have you ever heard of someone being layed off to cover taxes?

If so, wouldn't that lower the employer's cost, which would increase her profits and taxes?

Is it "ridiculous to associate taxes with hiring at all(?)"

Have you ever heard of someone being layed off to cover taxes?

If so, wouldn't that lower the employer's cost, which would increase her profits and taxes?

Is it "ridiculous to associate taxes with hiring at all(?)"

Plenty of people don't get hired because of taxes. No corporation ever says "we're laying you off to save on our taxes." That would be as unthinkable as a politician telling the truth. The economic effect of government policy are often not directly observable. That's what allows politicians to get away with robbing us all.

Taxes is another expense of doing business. I once suggested that we hire a High School Student at minimum wage to work keeping the supplies in order. (Things move around very quickly in a home improvement company in the summer months) That's when it was pointed out to me that minimum wage meant that plus Additional taxes, So he wouldn't really be minimum wage. Instead we had one team stay back an hour each morning to reorganize, do inventories, etc.

Forum List

Back