Dem-Controlled Congress: From Super Majority To Lame Duck And Now Paper Tiger...

because you have to weigh the pros and the cons. the pros being the middle class get the tax cuts, unemployment benefits are extended and the payroll tax goes down 2%. the biggest objection has always been about the tax cuts for the wealthy. but the dems knew they wouldnt get any support from any republican if they pulled out the tax cuts for the wealthy.

so what was the alternative, vote no, let taxes rise on everyone, and make people lose their unemployment? or compromise and extend them for 2 more years?

so whos the real villian here? the dems for compromising or the repubs for again being the party of no?

The Democrats have a huge majority in Congress. If they hated this so much,they wouldn't have voted for it. The Senate overwhelmingly passed this. Just another bullshit shell game from the Democrats. It really is shades of the Iraq War vote. Just put on that Dog & Pony Show for the TV cameras and then vote for it in the end. I don't trust the Democrats on anything anymore.

so why did so many republicans vote for it as well? its adds a huge amount of $ to the debt and deficit. i thought they campaigned on cutting spending and cutting the debt? but the overall majority of them just voted to add billions in red ink. i call out mcconnell for not sticking to his principles on this one, and cutting instead of spending.

Yea i'm not big on this deal. But the Democrats put on all those shows for the TV cameras pretending to oppose this deal yet they all voted for it in the end. They have all the power. They could have stopped this if they really wanted to. Just seems like Americans have been duped once again.

The Democrats have a huge majority in Congress. If they hated this so much,they wouldn't have voted for it. The Senate overwhelmingly passed this. Just another bullshit shell game from the Democrats. It really is shades of the Iraq War vote. Just put on that Dog & Pony Show for the TV cameras and then vote for it in the end. I don't trust the Democrats on anything anymore.

so why did so many republicans vote for it as well? its adds a huge amount of $ to the debt and deficit. i thought they campaigned on cutting spending and cutting the debt? but the overall majority of them just voted to add billions in red ink. i call out mcconnell for not sticking to his principles on this one, and cutting instead of spending.

Yea i'm not big on this deal. But the Democrats put on all those shows for the TV cameras pretending to oppose this deal yet they all voted for it in the end. They have all the power. They could have stopped this if they really wanted to. Just seems like Americans have been duped once again.

isnt that the same as McConnell having all 42 republicans sign a letter saying they wont let any business come to the table until the tax cuts are extended? didnt that serve the same purpose?

Not even close in the Senate. The Democrats overwhelmingly supported this deal. So why are they pretending they hate it so much? Just seems like Bullshit to me.

Not even close in the Senate. The Democrats overwhelmingly supported this deal. So why are they pretending they hate it so much? Just seems like Bullshit to me.

the overwhelming majority of republicans supported it too. so why are they pretending to be the champions of cutting spending and cutting the debt & deficit as well?

the overwhelming majority of republicans supported it too. so why are they pretending to be the champions of cutting spending and cutting the debt & deficit as well?

Because they like to have it both ways. Millionaires make up around 1.7% of all Republican districts. Yet, are Republicans concerned about "jobs? Health-care? The Middle Class? Education? Rebuilding America? Of course not. They told us they weren't. We have to take them at their word.

Republicans are concerned about that 1.7% and ONLY that 1.7%. Not even the right wingers on this board can really argue about that. And if they do, it's only a lame attempt. They don't really mean it.

Yea lots of dishonesty & hypocrisy going on in this Congress. I wont argue with you on that. That likely explains their all-time low 13% Job Approval Rating. Still,the Democrats have all the power in this Congress. Their numbers advantage is huge. This is all on them in the end. They don't have to roll over.

Yea lots of dishonesty & hypocrisy going on in this Congress. I wont argue with you on that. That likely explains their all-time low 13% Job Approval Rating. Still,the Democrats have all the power in this Congress. Their numbers advantage is huge. This is all on them in the end. They don't have to roll over.

so does this mean i get to blame everything on the repubs after the next congress convenes?

so does this mean i get to blame everything on the repubs after the next congress convenes?

No not everything. The Democrats will still control the Senate and the White House. So partial blame would be fine. The Republicans will not have the massive numbers advantage the Democrats have had in recent years. The Democrats had just about absolute power in recent years. The Republicans will not come close to that. They'll control the House and that's it. So partial blame is fine with me. Have at it.

No not everything. The Democrats will still control the Senate and the White House. So partial blame would be fine. The Republicans will not have the massive numbers advantage the Democrats have had in recent years. The Democrats had just about absolute power in recent years. The Republicans will not come close to that. They'll control the House and that's it. So partial blame is fine with me. Have at it.

see that a stupid argument in my opinion. they are all to blame in one way shape or form. they dont act like adults and talk things out, they simply try to score political points to help them get re-elected.

both dems and repubs are to blame for the overall mess that we are in. this is the problem with a 2 party system, esp when the ideologies of the two parties have drifted further away from the center.

now if we had term limits, then they could actually stick to their principles and not worry about reelection every few years.

Democrats never had control of the Senate. 41 beats 59 every time and you know it. So for once, stop the bullshit. There have been record filibusters from Republicans every year for the last 4. Stop the lies. You can't complain about others when you repeat the same lie over and over again. Republicans are 90% white and it's why they vote in a block.

Because they want the middle class to continue to receive their couple of hundred a week of unemployment. Millionaires getting a hundred grand? Democrats don't really want that.

Now Jim Demint says he would vote against it because the money for millionaires is "Good", but fuck the middle class. He doesn't want another cent spent on those lazy fuckers.

Because they want the middle class to continue to receive their couple of hundred a week of unemployment. Millionaires getting a hundred grand? Democrats don't really want that.

Now Jim Demint says he would vote against it because the money for millionaires is "Good", but fuck the middle class. He doesn't want another cent spent on those lazy fuckers.

So you oppose Bipartisanship? I thought so. Most on this Board are with you on that. But does a Political Message Board accurately reflect how most Americans feel about Bipartisanship? I tend to think not. I think most who post on Political Message Boards are very Partisan. That includes myself i guess. Either way,the Democrats have all the power. Nothing can pass without their approval. So your biggest problem is with your own Party. You should take it up with them.

Forum List

Back