Dem-Controlled Congress: From Super Majority To Lame Duck And Now Paper Tiger...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LibocalypseNow, Dec 8, 2010.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    We keep hearing about how much the Democrats and especially the Left hate this current Tax Cut/Unemployment Deal yet they are going to pass it eventually. So why would they pass something they despise so much? Seems pretty sad and a bit cowardly to me. The Democrats still have compete control of Congress. They have all the power by way of the numbers. There's not much the Republicans can do to stop anything the Democrats want to do.

The Republicans don't take the House back till January and even then the Democrats will still control the Senate. If the Democrats wanted to stop this deal,they certainly could. So why don't they? It just seems like a lot of whiny bluster for nothing. Why all the hysterics? They're going to pass it in the end anyway right? This is just another huge failure for this Democrat-Led Congress. From Super Majority to Lame Duck and now a Paper Tiger. What a long fall from grace.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    This Dem-Led Congress made a huge mistake waiting till the last minute to argue about this as well. This should have been decided a long time ago. Just another blunder by this Congress.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  3. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    [​IMG]

Man,how the mighty have fallen.

4. B. Kidd

B. Kidd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,919
    Not enough Democratic House votes to block a vote on the House floor.
    Too late. Too bad.

5. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,665
    I'm mostly with you. But I'd make it...Super Majority to Lame Duck and now Paper Mouse.

This clown has completely collapsed when it comes to leadership. My oh my, from hope and change to this train wreck. I figured as an empty suit Barry was gonna have a tough go of it but never imagined he'd be just so utterly awful...at everything.

I'm thinking I'm gonna wake up some day to find it's the day after the '08 election and all this has been a dream. Boy, would that be depressing.

6. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I think all this whining from Democrats on this Tax Cut/Unemployment Deal is just Bullshit political theatre. They control everything in Congress. They could vote this thing down anytime they choose. So why don't they? If they hate it so much,why vote for it? They're just scrambling to cover their asses with their loony base. It's all Bullshit in the end. They have the votes to kill this thing if they want to. You watch,after all their bitchin they'll vote for it in the end. Bet on that.

7. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,076
    Hopefully Dems will lose another 75 seats in 2012

8. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,978
    Oh yeah, I just remembered. Didn't you claim that the Dems were going to lose EVERY race, and the Republicans were going to take both the House and the Senate?

9. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Why would you vote for something you vehemently oppose? The Democrats have the power so why don't they just kill this thing? Because they're bluffing and are cowards. They'll do all their whiny bitchin for the TV cameras and then they'll vote for it. That's my call anyway.

10. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,894
    Most Democrats (and many Republicans!) vote on legislation based upon opinion polls rather than guiding principles. They prefer to use "situational values" - as the situation changes, their values change- over firmly held values or principles. Their main goal is to keep getting reelected at any cost. If they thought they could allow the taxes rates to increase without losing even more power they'd do it.