dem ask how many women get Prostate Cancer

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
North Carolina Democrat Verla Insko got some chuckles from some of her colleagues in the state Senate during legislative hearings on Obamacare after she asked about the percentage of prostate cancer patients that were women.

"What percent of the prostate cancer patients are women?" Insko, a state representative from Chapel Hill, asked Duke University research scholar Chris Conover during the hearing in Raleigh on Tuesday.

"I have no idea," Conover replied, as people in the room began laughing.

"I would guess zero," he added. "But I don't know that for sure."

Insko's question was captured by an America Rising tracker in North Carolina.

link

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iQZHm5L6lfc]NC Dem Asks Doctor How Many Women Get Prostate Cancer - YouTube[/ame]

positive proof of just how stupid liberals really are, she actuallly gets paid

It's obvious why this female Democrat would be confused about prostates and women.

Fellow left wingers like Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Rosie O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, etc. ALL HAVE PROSTATES.

They have something they call the female prostate, but it's not the same thing as a male prostate.

Kind of makes me think of liberals, with trannies. They think women can get prostate cancer.

They have something they call the female prostate, but it's not the same thing as a male prostate.

Kind of makes me think of liberals, with trannies. They think women can get prostate cancer.

Now you done it.

Shester pics are inbound

-Geaux

I thought the exact same thing...trust that at some point in the future you will hear or read an report on prostate cancer & women...And we will all be bigots, those of us who dwell in reality anyway, if we dare say that means the trannies aren't women..but men.

That's right up there with Dim Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee's asking folks at JPL if one of the Mars landers had taken a picture of the flag that Neli Armstrong had planted. :cuckoo:

To the democreeps defense, it is really hard to tell which of her constituents has a prostate. The freaks abound, and they don't exactly put name tags on them or flair to correctly identify the degenerate kiddy fiddlers.

Can women get prostate cancer?

In: Cancer, Prostate Cancer [Edit categories]

Answer:

Women do not classically get prostate cancer as cancer of the prostate is classified as a disease of the prostate gland of the male reproductive system.

However, in 2002 the female Skene's Gland was officially renamed the female prostate as it was found to be homologous in function. Both male and female prostates produce Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) and contribute to the ejaculate fluid.

Six cases of adenocarcinoma have been observed as originated from the female prostate that strongly resemble that of classical male prostate cancer. Serum tests showed elevated levels of PSA, typical in prostate cancer.

Can women get prostate cancer

To the democreeps defense, it is really hard to tell which of her constituents has a prostate. The freaks abound, and they don't exactly put name tags on them or flair to correctly identify the degenerate kiddy fiddlers.

That's true, a Dim currently in prison by the name of "Chelsea Manning" could indeed get prostate cancer. :lol:

Prostate cancer deaths overtaking deaths from breast cancer...
icon4.png

Prostate cancer deaths overtake those from breast cancer
2 February 2018 - The number of men dying from prostate cancer has overtaken female deaths from breast cancer for the first time in the UK, figures show.
An ageing population means more men are developing and dying from the disease. Prostate Cancer UK says advances in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer are paying off, and increased funding could benefit prostate cancer. The biggest cancer killers in the UK remain lung and bowel cancer, with prostate now in third place. The latest figures from 2015 show there were 11,819 deaths from prostate cancer compared with 11,442 from breast cancer. Although deaths from prostate cancer have been rising over the past 10 years or so, the mortality rate or the proportion of men dying from the disease has fallen - by 6% - between 2010 and 2015. For breast cancer the mortality rate has come down by 10%, meaning deaths in women are declining more quickly.

_99856393_chart-prostate_breast_cancer-dfa1r-nc.png

Gary Pettit was 43 when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, five years ago, after a routine medical through work. He had no symptoms - only an abnormally high PSA (prostate-specific antigen) blood test, which led to further tests and biopsies. Within weeks, he had a seven-hour operation at the Royal Marsden in London to remove the cancer. "I'm a lucky boy. I stored my sperm before the op and now we've got a little seven-month-old miracle baby, called Teddy. I can't say how lucky I've been." Gary says recovering from the surgery took quite a while and there were some side-effects which he is still getting used to - but he is clear of cancer and keen to raise awareness among other men. "It is still a taboo subject with men. They get shy and embarrassed, but it's so important to get checked out."

'Tremendous progress'

Angela Culhane, chief executive of the charity Prostate Cancer UK, said the disease currently received half the funding and half the research that is devoted to breast cancer. She said developing better diagnostic tests that could be used as part of a nationwide screening programme would be a priority. At present, there is no single, reliable test for prostate cancer - the PSA test, biopsies and physical examinations are all used. Men with prostate cancer can also live for decades without symptoms or needing treatment because the disease often progresses very slowly.

What are the symptoms?

There can be few symptoms of prostate cancer in the early stages, and because of its location most symptoms are linked to urination:

* needing to urinate more often, especially at night
* needing to run to the toilet
* difficulty in starting to urinate
* weak urine flow or taking a long time while urinating
* feeling your bladder has not emptied fully

Men with male relatives who have had prostate cancer, black men and men over 50 are at higher risk of getting the disease. Ms Culhane said: "It's incredibly encouraging to see the tremendous progress that has been made in breast cancer over recent years. "The introduction of precision medicine, a screening programme and a weighty research boost has no doubt played an important role in reducing the number of women who die from the disease. "The good news is that many of these developments could be applied to prostate cancer and we're confident that with the right funding, we can dramatically reduce deaths within the next decade."

Living longer

That's right up there with Dim Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee's asking folks at JPL if one of the Mars landers had taken a picture of the flag that Neli Armstrong had planted. :cuckoo:
Or if Guam might tip over.

Someone should put together a compilation of favorite Dimocrat questions asked in public meetings, lol.

North Carolina Democrat Verla Insko

Yup. That kind of Democrat.

prostate cancer patients that were women.

Transgender women? The same tissues in the human embryo that develop into the prostate in the male ordinarily develop generally into the uterus and vagina in the female, where they seem to be equally susceptible to cancer.

The prostate gland secretes the bulk of the fluid known as semen whereas a vagina produces scarcely enough fluid to lubricate itself...

"I would guess zero,"

A Dixie Democrat in denial of his own hate.

Prostate cancer deaths overtaking deaths from breast cancer...
icon4.png

Prostate cancer deaths overtake those from breast cancer
2 February 2018 - The number of men dying from prostate cancer has overtaken female deaths from breast cancer for the first time in the UK, figures show.
An ageing population means more men are developing and dying from the disease. Prostate Cancer UK says advances in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer are paying off, and increased funding could benefit prostate cancer. The biggest cancer killers in the UK remain lung and bowel cancer, with prostate now in third place. The latest figures from 2015 show there were 11,819 deaths from prostate cancer compared with 11,442 from breast cancer. Although deaths from prostate cancer have been rising over the past 10 years or so, the mortality rate or the proportion of men dying from the disease has fallen - by 6% - between 2010 and 2015. For breast cancer the mortality rate has come down by 10%, meaning deaths in women are declining more quickly.

_99856393_chart-prostate_breast_cancer-dfa1r-nc.png

Gary Pettit was 43 when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, five years ago, after a routine medical through work. He had no symptoms - only an abnormally high PSA (prostate-specific antigen) blood test, which led to further tests and biopsies. Within weeks, he had a seven-hour operation at the Royal Marsden in London to remove the cancer. "I'm a lucky boy. I stored my sperm before the op and now we've got a little seven-month-old miracle baby, called Teddy. I can't say how lucky I've been." Gary says recovering from the surgery took quite a while and there were some side-effects which he is still getting used to - but he is clear of cancer and keen to raise awareness among other men. "It is still a taboo subject with men. They get shy and embarrassed, but it's so important to get checked out."

'Tremendous progress'

Angela Culhane, chief executive of the charity Prostate Cancer UK, said the disease currently received half the funding and half the research that is devoted to breast cancer. She said developing better diagnostic tests that could be used as part of a nationwide screening programme would be a priority. At present, there is no single, reliable test for prostate cancer - the PSA test, biopsies and physical examinations are all used. Men with prostate cancer can also live for decades without symptoms or needing treatment because the disease often progresses very slowly.

What are the symptoms?

There can be few symptoms of prostate cancer in the early stages, and because of its location most symptoms are linked to urination:

* needing to urinate more often, especially at night
* needing to run to the toilet
* difficulty in starting to urinate
* weak urine flow or taking a long time while urinating
* feeling your bladder has not emptied fully

Men with male relatives who have had prostate cancer, black men and men over 50 are at higher risk of getting the disease. Ms Culhane said: "It's incredibly encouraging to see the tremendous progress that has been made in breast cancer over recent years. "The introduction of precision medicine, a screening programme and a weighty research boost has no doubt played an important role in reducing the number of women who die from the disease. "The good news is that many of these developments could be applied to prostate cancer and we're confident that with the right funding, we can dramatically reduce deaths within the next decade."

Living longer

Nothing like bumping a 4 year old thread

-Geaux

Forum List

Back