Defund Planned Parenthood You Say? Not So fast!

There is nothing complicated about stopping the money that is (for now) flowing to Planned Murderhood and sending it to other medical establishments which provide all of the same medical services (minus abortions) instead.

Planned Parenthood is a private organization and is not any more entitled to public tax dollars than any other private business.

Do not send money to PP and lose more votes in 2018 than can be gained for the GOP.

There is nothing complicated about stopping the money that is (for now) flowing to Planned Murderhood and sending it to other medical establishments which provide all of the same medical services (minus abortions) instead.

Liberalism, through Planned Parenthood, pays homage to its predecessor....

"We must rid ourselves once and for all of the Quaker-Papist babble about the sanctity of human life."
Leon Trotsky

In rural areas, Planned Parenthood is the only "community health center," including in mine. It's why Maine and Alaska senators are opposed to it--they have a very rural constituency. Hospitals and nursing homes are CLOSING here, not opening new offices to offer more services. Finding a replacement for Planned Parenthood would not happen and we would end up like Texas--with more babies to pay for.
Birth control is a good thing, Chuz Life. It prevents abortions. I know folks who have not been able to scramble up the cash on the barrel head necessary for an abortion, so I know they are definitely paying the whole cost, up front, and it is not being reimbursed by taxpayer money.
Lastly, if the Republicans don't leave Planned Parenthood alone, a lot more than just low income women will be their enemies for a very long time. I don't know a single woman who agrees with Pence on this one. Plenty of them wouldn't choose to have an abortion, but this is not really about abortion. It's about women not being controlled by a bunch of judgmental folks who want everyone to think like they do.

Planned Parenthood is a private organization and is not any more entitled to public tax dollars than any other private business.
Aren't most hospitals and doctors' private practices, as well? Should they not receive Medicaid or Title X either?

In rural areas, Planned Parenthood is the only "community health center," including in mine. It's why Maine and Alaska senators are opposed to it--they have a very rural constituency. Hospitals and nursing homes are CLOSING here, not opening new offices to offer more services. Finding a replacement for Planned Parenthood would not happen and we would end up like Texas--with more babies to pay for.
Birth control is a good thing, Chuz Life. It prevents abortions. I know folks who have not been able to scramble up the cash on the barrel head necessary for an abortion, so I know they are definitely paying the whole cost, up front, and it is not being reimbursed by taxpayer money.
Lastly, if the Republicans don't leave Planned Parenthood alone, a lot more than just low income women will be their enemies for a very long time. I don't know a single woman who agrees with Pence on this one. Plenty of them wouldn't choose to have an abortion, but this is not really about abortion. It's about women not being controlled by a bunch of judgmental folks who want everyone to think like they do.

I just Googled the Planned Murderhood locations in Alaska.

Then, I Googled the cities where the Planned Murderhood Clinics are located to see what other medical resources are available in those areas.

The facts I found do not support your claims.

Then, I Googled the cities where the Planned Murderhood Clinics are located to see what other medical resources are available in those areas.

Liberals treat facts the way Alfonso Bedoya treats 'badges' in
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

One in five counties have no commensurate services available. That's a lot of counties, whatever your Google search gave you.

One in five counties have no commensurate services available. That's a lot of counties, whatever your Google search gave you.

Provide the information on the specific counties and I'll bet you money I can find an alternative provider for that area. And (even if) if one is not already there, I'm sure Trump can provide an incentive for non abortion service providers to move in.

Der......der......der....life is sooooooo simple! All issues can be boiled down to whether or not I think the government should be involved.....der...der.

Grow up. This shit is complex and requires that people approach it with complex solutions. This schtick of yours is boring.

Provide the information on the specific counties and I'll bet you money I can find an alternative provider for that area. And (even if) if one is not already there, I'm sure Trump can provide an incentive for non abortion service providers to move in.
You'd have to go to the author of the linked article for that.
80% of Planned Parenthood clients receive birth control services at some point during their visits. This prevents the abortions you loathe. Why so against it?

You'd have to go to the author of the linked article for that.
80% of Planned Parenthood clients receive birth control services at some point during their visits. This prevents the abortions you loathe. Why so against it?

I am not against birth control at all.

I simply refuse to accept the claim that Planned Murderhood is the only possible provider of birth control. . . even in rural outlying areas.

Especially when common sense tells you that other residents in those same rural areas are already getting their health care needs met by providers OTHER than Planned Murderhood.

Der......der......der....life is sooooooo simple! All issues can be boiled down to whether or not I think the government should be involved.....der...der.

Grow up. This shit is complex and requires that people approach it with complex solutions. This schtick of yours is boring.

Full grown here. The genius of our nation was the recognition that there should be Constitutional limits on the government's power to bully individuals.

Full grown here. The genius of our nation was the recognition that there should be Constitutional limits on the government's power to bully individuals.

Yeah. I wouldn't want to be bullied into a healthier citizenry. Sounds horrible.

Yeah. I wouldn't want to be bullied into a healthier citizenry. Sounds horrible.

You might be bullied into a 'health' that you don't want all. Ever read The Handmaid's Tale?

Forum List

Back