Deficits are getting scary

Asking for an explanation by criticizing what I say is certainly not a way to get an explanation....to the contrary, it is your way of saying "explain yourself so I can do what I can to spin it and make you look silly"

And after your "as long as there are students, teachewrs will remain employed" comment, I am certain you know how to spin.

So, no. I will not enlighten you and feed into your crap.

Figure it out yourself.

Sure, now run away little girl run away.

Wow...and you criticized my lame comeback?
Mine was lame.......yours is lamer.

Yeah it was lame and the one above even lamer. Post something on subject we ended up with or just be quite.

Sure, now run away little girl run away.

Yeah it was lame and the one above even lamer. Post something on subject we ended up with or just be quite.

Nah....your no fun to debate. I like competition. I even like losing a good debate as I learn from it.

I have seen nothing in your posts that give me reason to think anything will be worthy of learning from you.

Your sentiments and your responses are a dime a dozen on this board.

Cya....

Cuba also outlasted the cold war.

Because brilliant diplomacy by Kennedy administration didn't leave much Soviet support for Cuba. It is just isolated dictatorship at this moment.

and I am not sure with the continued embargo we are not just cutting off our nose to spite our face.
We are missing out on business opportunities.
We do however sell a lot of produce to them.

DOD budgets in billions
1st year in office last year in office high low
Reagan** 339 427 427 317
Bush I** 409 358 409 358
Clinton** 338 311 358 296
Bush II* ** 328 494 527 307
Obama*** --- ---

*Figures do not include expenses for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
**Figures based on requested defense budget or projections, not actual spending.
*** Obama's first budget request was not included.
Looks like the gutting wasn't only done by Clinton; see Bush I.

reagan-500-point-drop.jpg

it just started getting scary?

Reagan's stuff was paid off in the 90s, as predicted. Bush went psycho Democrat, and the last thing we needed after that clown was a REAL spendaholic Democrat. Now we have to recover from Bush and Obama, and the future looks dim. Babies owe 40,000 dollars already just for being borne in this clown show nation.

Reagan's stuff was paid off in the 90s, as predicted. Bush went psycho Democrat, and the last thing we needed after that clown was a REAL spendaholic Democrat. Now we have to recover from Bush and Obama, and the future looks dim. Babies owe 40,000 dollars already just for being borne in this clown show nation.

and if they have their way...babies will owe more like 40K base PLUS 5K a year for the mandatory insurance.

Japan's debt is close to 200% of GDP and we all know how smart they are.

very little of their debt is held outside the country, mostly owned by Japanese banks

China owns more of our debt than the total they've issued themselves, and their economy is on the verge of being the 2nd largest in the world

I heard the latest US Debt as % of GDP is approaching 94% this year....yikes. This sure 'aint the Reagan defense buildup (was totally worth it). The porkulus bill (as someone on the board called it) has really jacked it in the last year. How are we going to grow out way out of this one??

The answer is............we're not. I had to laugh when Obama said last week that "we averted the 2nd depression with the stimulus bill". Mark my words.........thats statement is going to go down as one of the most infamous lines in presidential history. Decades from now, it'll be laughed at. In fact, this guy might not even end up gettng a bust or portrait up in the White House at the end of the day!!:lol: At best, he'll be in the Woodrow Wilson wing of the White House.......in the long line of k00k fcukking progressives who fcukked their own country.

Anybody see the forcast for annual inflation today???

16.5%..................this is going to be fcukking sweet!!!!!

Nah....your no fun to debate. I like competition. I even like losing a good debate as I learn from it.

I have seen nothing in your posts that give me reason to think anything will be worthy of learning from you.

Your sentiments and your responses are a dime a dozen on this board.

Cya....

I am not here to educate you. I post based on cold blooded reality if it doesn't fit within your nonsense based world of Reagan being solely responsible for end of Soviet regime oh well!

Cuba also outlasted the cold war.

Because brilliant diplomacy by Kennedy administration didn't leave much Soviet support for Cuba. It is just isolated dictatorship at this moment.

and I am not sure with the continued embargo we are not just cutting off our nose to spite our face.
We are missing out on business opportunities.
We do however sell a lot of produce to them.

It is exactly like that old stupid Goldwater/Miller bumper sticker, it ain't working nor happening but it feels right.

he just happened to be the president at Soviet's dawn.

and Jimmy Carter just happened to be President when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan

...after he completely had his ass handed to him by Brezhnev during the SALT 2 talks, which occurred after he appeased the Soviets by canceling the B-1 bomber program, and started making speeches about unilateral disarmament

and it just so happened that Soviets started to buckle after Reagan gave his evil empire speech, and made KGB director/Brezhnev successor Yuri Andropov completely terrified of an American attack

it's a free country, so you have every right to come here and continue to make an idiot of yourself, but I think you'd be better off learning a little bit about history

I heard the latest US Debt as % of GDP is approaching 94% this year....yikes. This sure 'aint the Reagan defense buildup (was totally worth it). The porkulus bill (as someone on the board called it) has really jacked it in the last year. How are we going to grow out way out of this one??

Why was Reagans Defense build up totally worth it?
We built up Defense in the 80's only to tear it back down in the 90s

And many will say....and I agree...becuase we built it up in the 80's we were able to tear it down in the 90's.

I know.....Reagan had nothing to do with it. We should thank the former Soviet Union for the cold war ending.

Now your getting it...

So make em pay up or leave.

We had to tear down the military some in the 90, so the arms manufacturers could sell em more stuff to build back up with.
It is all part of the plan.

Gorbachev shall be credited with the collapse of Soviet Union. And no we didn't 'win' the Cold War, we outlasted it. But bring on the jingoism and wave some flags for such unpatriotic statement.

Oh right, you're from the school of "It happened by Itself", and the USA and Reagan were mere bystanders to history. Thank god for men of action like Reagan who pushed forward amidst a nation of people with your viewpoint (including many in his own cabinet)

Actually, didnt I hear Biden say on Sunday that the collapse of the eastern block will be one of this administrations greatest accomplishments?

Right after building pyramids.

Forum List

Back