Deficits are getting scary

he just happened to be the president at Soviet's dawn.

and Jimmy Carter just happened to be President when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan

...after he completely had his ass handed to him by Brezhnev during the SALT 2 talks, which occurred after he appeased the Soviets by canceling the B-1 bomber program, and started making speeches about unilateral disarmament

and it just so happened that Soviets started to buckle after Reagan gave his evil empire speech, and made KGB director/Brezhnev successor Yuri Andropov completely terrified of an American attack

it's a free country, so you have every right to come here and continue to make an idiot of yourself, but I think you'd be better off learning a little bit about history

Soviet invasion of Afghanistan would happen regardless of who is the president. Just as funding of taliban would continue under any president.

If you can produce a piece of evidence that soviet spending on military increased significantly as % of their gdp I'll give you that one.

In a free country of ours you have every right to be a dipshit and write any kind of history that fits your teabag based reality too. It doesn't make it true, however.

Ame®icano;2022745 said:
Oh right, you're from the school of "It happened by Itself", and the USA and Reagan were mere bystanders to history. Thank god for men of action like Reagan who pushed forward amidst a nation of people with your viewpoint (including many in his own cabinet)

Actually, didnt I hear Biden say on Sunday that the collapse of the eastern block will be one of this administrations greatest accomplishments?

Right after building pyramids.

This made me laugh out loud

Forum List

Back