Defeated governor pardoned violent criminals in a spree lawyers are calling an ‘atrocity of just

Seriously???? This guy is a vindictive loon - he is saying "f you" to his constituents in the worst possible way! The guy got voted out because he was such a sleaze...guess he proved it!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...pree-lawyers-are-calling-an-atrocity-justice/
Matt Bevin is no longer the governor of Kentucky, but his decisions continued to send shock waves through the state’s legal system this week after he issued pardons for hundreds of people, some of whom committed violent offenses.

Bevin issued 428 pardons since his defeat to Democrat Andy Beshear in a close election in November, the Louisville Courier Journal reported. His list includes a man convicted of reckless homicide, a convicted child rapist, a man who murdered his parents at age 16 and a woman who threw her newborn in the trash after giving birth in a flea market outhouse.

He also pardoned Dayton Jones, who was convicted in the sexual assault of a 15-year-old boy at a party, Kentucky New Era reported.
It is not unusual for governors to issue pardons as they leave office, but Bevin’s actions boggled some of the state’s attorneys, who questioned his judgment.

“What this governor did is an absolute atrocity of justice,” said Commonwealth Attorney Jackie Steele, a prosecutor for Knox and Laurel counties. “He’s put victims, he’s put others in our community in danger.”

Yeah, and he gave more than 100,000 felons the right to vote with a stroke of a pen........... OH WAIT...........that was the new guy.

Did Bevin exceed his authority? Or are you just pissed because a republican did it?

Why do you gotta change the subject to attack a dem? What do you think of the actions addressed in the OP?

I sort of agree. . . but as soon as you quote WaPo, you might as well be quoting InFoWars. Any person worth their salt knows that as soon as Trump was elected, Bezos hired a bunch of spooks on staff.

No one on the left takes InfoWars seriously, and ever since the left, the DNC and all progs. showed they have no problem with the secret police meddling in affairs of the state, WaPo is useless.

It's a shit rag and a propaganda organ. It's worthless crap.

Seriously???? This guy is a vindictive loon - he is saying "f you" to his constituents in the worst possible way! The guy got voted out because he was such a sleaze...guess he proved it!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...pree-lawyers-are-calling-an-atrocity-justice/
Matt Bevin is no longer the governor of Kentucky, but his decisions continued to send shock waves through the state’s legal system this week after he issued pardons for hundreds of people, some of whom committed violent offenses.

Bevin issued 428 pardons since his defeat to Democrat Andy Beshear in a close election in November, the Louisville Courier Journal reported. His list includes a man convicted of reckless homicide, a convicted child rapist, a man who murdered his parents at age 16 and a woman who threw her newborn in the trash after giving birth in a flea market outhouse.

He also pardoned Dayton Jones, who was convicted in the sexual assault of a 15-year-old boy at a party, Kentucky New Era reported.
It is not unusual for governors to issue pardons as they leave office, but Bevin’s actions boggled some of the state’s attorneys, who questioned his judgment.

“What this governor did is an absolute atrocity of justice,” said Commonwealth Attorney Jackie Steele, a prosecutor for Knox and Laurel counties. “He’s put victims, he’s put others in our community in danger.”

Yeah, and he gave more than 100,000 felons the right to vote with a stroke of a pen........... OH WAIT...........that was the new guy.

Did Bevin exceed his authority? Or are you just pissed because a republican did it?

Why do you gotta change the subject to attack a dem? What do you think of the actions addressed in the OP?

I sort of agree. . . but as soon as you quote WaPo, you might as well be quoting InFoWars. Any person worth their salt knows that as soon as Trump was elected, Bezos hired a bunch of spooks on staff.

No one on the left takes InfoWars seriously, and ever since the left, the DNC and all progs. showed they have no problem with the secret police meddling in affairs of the state, WaPo is useless.

thats fine, I’m not one to love and die by the word of the media. Do you think that WaPo got the story wrong. Do you have any alternative facts or narratives about what happened. This would be a good time to post them

Woo ... compare that to the leftarded now 3 yr long hysteria over Trump's public schlonging of Shrillary and get back to me. Impeachment? Are you kidding me? GTF up, Cootie. :lol:

That would be nonviolent felons who have completed their entire sentence and deserve to have their rights restored.

Are you fine with what Bevin did?

Don't know, I'd have to see what the pardon and parole board had to say in each case. I don't know of any governor that just picks names form a hat for pardons, there's normally some justification provided.

Last edited:

Remind me...did those felons serve their time?

And

Are you attempting to justify some pretty horrible pardons?

Because if you are....

that is unbelievable.

You don't have and haven't provided sufficient evidence that any of them were "horrible pardons", all you have is some news reports. I don't make judgments that way.

Woo ... compare that to the leftarded now 3 yr long hysteria over Trump's public schlonging of Shrillary and get back to me. Impeachment? Are you kidding me? GTF up, Cootie. :lol:

Typical redirection.

And

Because if you are....

that is unbelievable.

You don't have and haven't provided sufficient evidence that any of them were "horrible pardons", all you have is some news reports. I don't make judgments that way.

U,h...why yes...you do. When the perp is a Dem.

I made a statement, and asked the OP an on topic question. And to answer your question see post 24.

thats fine, I’m not one to love and die by the word of the media. Do you think that WaPo got the story wrong. Do you have any alternative facts or narratives about what happened. This would be a good time to post them

I have no clue. WaPo is pay-walled for me, I do not care to give them any personal info, nor do I want to give them money. I would trust Infowars more to be quite honest. :71:

I know enough about WaPo to loath them. They are untrustworthy. The hippies and the Beatniks were smart enough not to trust the secret police, I have no idea why the DNC and the left has thrown in with them. Creepy as hell if you ask me.

I don't care for Trump, but the history of the Church committee should tell us, that you don't give over civil rights and civil liberties to folks that can hide shit from you and take away your rights without your knowledge, while lying to you in the press about it. Lunacy.

Washington Post Disgracefully Promotes a McCarthyite Blacklist From a New, Hidden, and Very Shady Group
Washington Post Disgracefully Promotes a McCarthyite Blacklist From a New, Hidden, and Very Shady Group

The CIA, Amazon, Bezos and the Washington Post : An Exchange with Executive Editor Martin Baron
The CIA, Amazon, Bezos and the Washington Post : An Exchange with Executive Editor Martin Baron | HuffPost

Why the Washington Post ‘s New Ties to the CIA Are So Ominous
Why the Washington Post 's New Ties to the CIA Are So Ominous | HuffPost

Jeff Bezos Is Doing Huge Business with the CIA, While Keeping His Washington Post Readers in the Dark – Alternet.org

The CIA and the Washington Post
The CIA and the Washington Post - CounterPunch.org

Center Column
cfr-media-network-hdv-spr.png

The American Empire and its Media
The American Empire and its Media

428 pardons seem way too many, since I can't believe the states legal system could make that many mistakes in convicting people. The choices he made looks bad too, since Pardons are normally for people who were either wrongfully convicted or their sentence were deemed excessive.

Typical redirection.
I'll type slowly so you may understand ... what the outgoing Kentucky Gov did pales in comparison to what our Hysterical House Dems have done to the POTUS and this country but I don't expect one such as you to understand no matter how slowly I type it.

And

Because if you are....

that is unbelievable.

U,h...why yes...you do. When the perp is a Dem.

I don't approve of mass actions regardless of the party involved. Restoration of rights is meant to be done on a case by case basis. I don't know any republican governor that would do that, if one does you can bet I'll make my opinion known again. Do you seriously think the governors of VA and KY would do what they've done if they thought the felons involved would be voting republican. I suspect not.

He l

The only word I can say is wow.

I wonder why he did that.

He lost in a district his party could have won - that in itself says what a nasty p.o.s. he is.

Wow a person has to be very bad to not win a district he could win. Yes it does say a lot about him and then so does those pardons.

We had a guy down here name Ray Blanton selling pardons. They had to swear in Lamar Alexander (first of many republican votes i have cast) a few days early because "Pardon me Ray" had another batch of pardons planned.

Forum List

Back