Deer Farming; For It Or Against It?

"
Who needs to farm them? They're ubiquitous, dangerous, a nuisance and need to be hunted.

There are states with minimal deer left due to poachers.

These states are receiving higher regulations on deer hunting.

(P.S. If you think deer are dangerous..............lol......Why are all Fox News RW'ers scared of EVERYTHING LOL!)

I knew "everyone" was a threat before. But "everything" now?
Come to left wing Maryland and do the deer slalom on the freeway at night.

I'm for deer farming. Everything else is farmed for food/profit and so should venison. It's excellent table fare .. good lean meat.

Ever had Deer Jerky? Mmmm!

Deer is pretty good though it can be a bit dry so I think the local Hunters (I don't hunt) have regular ground beef mixed in with their Deer meat.

Delicious!

Venison is a very healthy red meat as red meat goes but it's very tricky to prepare properly. It has something like 1/3 the cholesterol of beef, if you care about that sort of thing.

Your good deer processors nowadays can make deer sausage, deer hotdogs even, that are really good. Hunting unfortunately, appears to be slipping in popularity among young people, at least around here.

I live in what used to be at least and still might be the best deer hunting county in NY state.

Ive hunted Elk and Deer all my life. Tenderloin from either over an open campfire is as good as it gets. Yes, there's a secrete to cooking Venison and keeping it moist ... same process for Elk. Having some yahoo process meat for you is the problem ... you might even get another animal that wasn't cared for properly and your meat isn't worth giving to the dog..

If I had a bow and arrow and, literally, crossed the street in front of my house I could legally shoot as many deer as I wanted.

Maybe they're disappearing from some states but not in Virginia.

I have counted as many as 17 in my yard at one time.

wild deer and FARMING DEER.

different diet, different taste, different deer... Axis Deer is the choice for farming, Rasing and selling Whitetail is illegal.

DEER , known as woods rats where I come from . Might as well farm them , why not ??

This topic is making it's way to the public.

It splits the ideology that pets are "pretty" and food is "fat and ugly".

Note this is a slippery slope topic like others. Other Countries eat horse, cat, and dog.

Deer Farming even has it's own website; NADeFA Home North American Deer Farmer s Association

Discuss..
I'm looking forward to you explaining how deer farming is a slippery slope toward eating horses cats and dogs. This should get quite entertaining and may just solidify your first ballot inclusion in the retarded poster hall of fame.

oh brother, another RW know it all .. slippery slope eh? please expound.

caution: I personally know people in the Whitetail and Axis business ....

you have the floor.

oh brother, another RW know it all .. slippery slope eh? please expound.

caution: I personally know people in the Whitetail and Axis business ....

you have the floor.
Looks like deer farming knowledge doesn't include reading comprehension. Try again know it all.

Caution: I know how to read and understand the topic of discussion. Floor is yours.

It depends on what the deer farms will be feeding the deer. I like the wild taste of venison. I am a quail hunter and I have hunted the wild ones in their natural habitat and pen raised released birds on private game leases. I prefer the wild ones. The pen raised birds are fed pellets that make the meat taste bland. I wonder if the same affect would happen to farm raised deer. Also this concept was tried years ago with Emu's when cattle prices plumeted in the late 80s. People sold off their cattle to begin farming the high priced Emu's who's eggs were top dollar. Then the bottom fell out of the market and they all went bankrupt.

^Finally an educated post. Ty.

Are you saying you would not vote for deer farming if the meat tasted bad?

"It depends" is vague, but at least you had an educated post.

I'm for deer farming. Everything else is farmed for food/profit and so should venison. It's excellent table fare .. good lean meat.

China eats cat's and dogs. I hope you and everyone else watches the online video's of them preparing pets for dinner. This doesn't happen in America. Europe serves Horse. Aldi's in Europe was recently caught serving Horse to people that thought they were eating Beef.

Ever had Deer Jerky? Mmmm!

Deer is pretty good though it can be a bit dry so I think the local Hunters (I don't hunt) have regular ground beef mixed in with their Deer meat.

Delicious!

I doubt the hunters do....maybe the butcher shop does it without them knowing....

Your good deer processors nowadays can make deer sausage, deer hotdogs even, that are really good. Hunting unfortunately, appears to be slipping in popularity among young people, at least around here.

I live in what used to be at least and still might be the best deer hunting county in NY state.

^47k posts and he hasn't talked about the OP at all..

Forum List

Back