Decision to oust Caterpillar from influential ethical investing index linked to Israe

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
The sale of Caterpillar tractors to Israel was a factor, but not the determining one, in the delisting of the company from an influential index that prioritizes good governance and human rights.The move, however, is poised to further complicate the difficult ongoing conversation about Israel taking place between American Jewish gruops and the Presbyterian Church (USA).

A senior official at MSCI-ESG, a subdivision of MSCI, an investment advice firm, said Caterpillar already had a low rating before its delisting earlier this year, in part because of its association with the Israeli army’s use of the tractors in the West Bank and past use in the Gaza Strip. The role of Israel’s use of the tractors in the decision also suggests that a sustained campaign by pro-Palestinian groups has had some effect, although officials at MSCI-ESG and one of its clients, the TIAA-CREF pension fund, deny succumbing to direct pressure.

TIAA-CREF’s divestiture amounted to $72 million in funds, dwarfing previous divestitures by liberal religious groups such as Friends Fiduciary, a Quaker group that divested $900,000.
Decision to oust Caterpillar from influential ethical investing index linked to Israeli use of tractors - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
:clap2:

A senior official at MSCI-ESG, a subdivision of MSCI, an investment advice firm, said Caterpillar already had a low rating before its delisting earlier this year, in part because of its association with the Israeli army’s use of the tractors in the West Bank and past use in the Gaza Strip. The role of Israel’s use of the tractors in the decision also suggests that a sustained campaign by pro-Palestinian groups has had some effect, although officials at MSCI-ESG and one of its clients, the TIAA-CREF pension fund, deny succumbing to direct pressure.
Damn! All those dozer-haters!

The sale of Caterpillar tractors to Israel was a factor, but not the determining one, in the delisting of the company from an influential index that prioritizes good governance and human rights.The move, however, is poised to further complicate the difficult ongoing conversation about Israel taking place between American Jewish gruops and the Presbyterian Church (USA).

TIAA-CREF’s divestiture amounted to $72 million in funds, dwarfing previous divestitures by liberal religious groups such as Friends Fiduciary, a Quaker group that divested $900,000.
Decision to oust Caterpillar from influential ethical investing index linked to Israeli use of tractors - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
Another phony meaningless organization with another phony,meaningless opinion. Meanwhile in the real world, Caterpillar stocks are doing better than ever. This organization that SUPPOSEDLY stands for ethical treatment and human rights, has chosen to say nothing whatsoever about Hamas, a terrorist organization that goes around killing children and violates its own people's human rights. Ha ha ha. You are a joke jos the Iranian Islamist Chos.

Bacheh koony, heyvoun.

• Banned
Another phony meaningless organization with another phony,meaningless opinion. Meanwhile in the real world, Caterpillar stocks are doing better than ever.

Holding back the Dow today is Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a $2.40 decline (-2.8%) bringing the stock to $82.56. This single loss is lowering the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 18.16 points or roughly accounting for 11.5% of the Dow's overall loss.
CAT Stock | Dow Today: Caterpillar (CAT) Lower - TheStreet

Another phony meaningless organization with another phony,meaningless opinion. Meanwhile in the real world, Caterpillar stocks are doing better than ever.

Holding back the Dow today is Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a $2.40 decline (-2.8%) bringing the stock to $82.56. This single loss is lowering the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 18.16 points or roughly accounting for 11.5% of the Dow's overall loss.
Eat Shit Chos Heyvoun? Bacheh Koony.

4 Quality Stocks With Double Digit Dividend Growth - Seeking Alpha

4 Quality Stocks With Double Digit Dividend Growth
June 24, 2012

Stocks of companies that boost dividends at high rates of growth tend to outperform stocks of companies that raise dividends at low rates of growth. Dividend increases usually represent favorable earnings and cash flow dynamics that enable companies to boost payouts. They also represent a greater commitment to increasing shareholder value through higher dividend payouts. A universe of stocks raising dividends is large; however, a limited number of companies raise their dividends by double digits.

Target Corporation (TGT), Caterpillar (CAT), United Technologies Corporation (UTX), and Rockwell Automation (ROK) are four high-quality, favorably priced stocks that have just hiked their quarterly dividends at rates ranging between 10.6% and 20%. These four dividend stocks boast an average dividend yield of 2.6%, above the current yields on the 10-Year Treasury bond and the S&P500 index.

Closed today at 82.63

52 week range 67.54--116.95

Apartheid and Occupations are not practices moral human beings invest in, nor do moral human beings invest in companies actively profiting from such practices. These indexes that identify moral and ethical investments are increasingly being relied upon by people of conscience when they have money to invest, I just listened to a woman in my Sunday School class speak about investing her retirement into an index like this. And these indexes will exclude companies like Caterpillar. This is a great victory for BDS, the international boycoot, and divestment movement. BDS was highly effective in ending Apartheid in South Africa, and it will be a big factor in ending Apartheid in Palestine, as well.

Apartheid and Occupations are not practices moral human beings invest in, nor do moral human beings invest in companies actively profiting from such practices. These indexes that identify moral and ethical investments are increasingly being relied upon by people of conscience when they have money to invest, I just listened to a woman in my Sunday School class speak about investing her retirement into an index like this. And these indexes will exclude companies like Caterpillar. This is a great victory for BDS, the international boycoot, and divestment movement. BDS was highly effective in ending Apartheid in South Africa, and it will be a big factor in ending Apartheid in Palestine, as well.
There is no apartheid in Israel, just because you Islamist worshipping morons keep repeating, won't make it so.

That's it... I'm buying a Bulldozer.
images

Simply looking at whether CAT's stock is going up or down to seek to assess the effect of this decision is a pretty useless and worthless exercise.

What *might* have some validity, though, is to track the stock prices of several different equipment manufacturers simultaneously and see what patterns emerge.

After all, when the market drops more than 1% across the board, it's pretty idiotic to point to CAT stock dropping say, 1.25% that day - and claim 'a victory'.....

Please note that I'm ONLY discussing methodology here.

Clearly a bargain at $82. Time to buy more CAT stock. Thanks for the heads up, Jos.

There is no apartheid in Israel, just because you Islamist worshipping morons keep repeating, won't make it so.

Roudy,

I know of no findings of Apartheid by international groups against any country in the Middle East, except Israel.

If I am missing something here, please let me know.

Russell Tribunal Finds Israel Guilty of Apartheid

The Russell Tribunal on Palestine (an international citizen-based Tribunal of conscience created in response to the demands of civil society) found earlier this week, that Israel subjects the Palestinian people to an institutionalised regime of domination amounting to apartheid as defined under international law.

This discriminatory regime manifests in varying intensity and forms against different categories of Palestinians depending on their location. The Palestinians living under colonial military rule in the Occupied Palestinian Territory are subject to a particularly aggravated form of apartheid. Palestinian citizens of Israel, while entitled to vote, are not part of the Jewish nation as defined by Israeli law and are therefore excluded from the benefits of Jewish nationality and subject to systematic discrimination across the broad spectrum of recognised human rights."

Russell Tribunal Finds Israel Guilty of Apartheid |

Sherri

Roudy,

I know of no findings of Apartheid by international groups against any country in the Middle East, except Israel.

The Russell Tribunal on Palestine (an international citizen-based Tribunal of conscience created in response to the demands of civil society) found earlier this week, that Israel subjects the Palestinian people to an institutionalised regime of domination amounting to apartheid as defined under international law.

This discriminatory regime manifests in varying intensity and forms against different categories of Palestinians depending on their location. The Palestinians living under colonial military rule in the Occupied Palestinian Territory are subject to a particularly aggravated form of apartheid. Palestinian citizens of Israel, while entitled to vote, are not part of the Jewish nation as defined by Israeli law and are therefore excluded from the benefits of Jewish nationality and subject to systematic discrimination across the broad spectrum of recognised human rights."

Sherri
It's a shame that this Russell group closes its eyes to what is going on toward minorities in Arab and other Muslim countries.
Racism in Arab Lands :: Gatestone Institute

jt2

Roudy,

Sherri

Sorry Sherri ... a member of that "tribunal" is one Cynthia McKinney and if she is indicative of that cabal it is nothing more than the lunatic fringe of Jew haters.
If nothing else, the "tribunal's" opinions are minimized by the participation of people like McKinney.

Roudy,

Sherri

Sorry Sherri ... a member of that "tribunal" is one Cynthia McKinney and if she is indicative of that cabal it is nothing more than the lunatic fringe of Jew haters.
If nothing else, the "tribunal's" opinions are minimized by the participation of people like McKinney.

She must be doing something right to get the level of slime she receives from Israel's lackeys.

... a member of that "tribunal" is one Cynthia McKinney and if she is indicative of that cabal it is nothing more than the lunatic fringe of Jew haters.
She must be doing something right to get the level of slime she receives from Israel's lackeys.
She likes slime - it's her promotional lotion.

don't you know you're supposed to let the pathetic anti-semites say whatever they want and not call them on it?

heck... same as israel is supposed to take missiles from gaza and not retaliate.

that's how it works in terrorist-supporter world.

*shrug*

Roudy,

Sherri

Have they not institutionalized McKinney yet?

Forum List

Back