Dec. 6 Ends Prohibition of Marijuana in 2 States

A drink in the evening will not make you drunk. A comparison would be if you got drunk every night not with a drink but with a bottle.

A successful nation, or society, cannot exist when a significant percentage of the population has to get high to get through the day. It might exacerbate the divisions present in the nation as the non user starts separating more from the users, but the country won't be successful.

A good friend of mine works for the UN. He's been all over the world. He said our problem wasn't drugs, but the number of people who find it necessary to take drugs. In Africa it's villages where the people chew khat all day and can no longer even do so much as get water from a well much less feed themselves. In small numbers, it's tolerable, in large numbers it is intolerable.

The welfare recipients will be crying for more money to be able to put pot on the "to do" list. :eusa_eh:

Or, maybe they will scream that they need it for medical purposes because of the anxiety of not being able to find a job.
At that point I wonder if Obamacare will pick up the tab.

Test positive for marijuana at my work place, whether marijuana is legal or not, and you are terminated. Not even a question.

That's now. Laws can be changed. Users can get legal protection. All they need is to change the laws.

That's when you will have people only hiring those that they know or have someone to vouch for them. That's when employment goes underground.

Can't wait for the court to force an employer to hire a doper over someone that's clean.

220352_original.jpg

Cheech Marin​

Test positive for marijuana at my work place, whether marijuana is legal or not, and you are terminated. Not even a question.

That's now. Laws can be changed. Users can get legal protection. All they need is to change the laws.

That's when you will have people only hiring those that they know or have someone to vouch for them. That's when employment goes underground.

Can't wait for the court to force an employer to hire a doper over someone that's clean.

When that happens, we are all screwed.

Our economy is on the verge of collapsing, the world is on fire and close to war, and you are concerned with marijuana.

"Brendan Kennedy, a graduate of the Yale School of Management who is the chief executive officer of Privateer Holdings, talks about his private equity fund investing in marijuana-related businesses."

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

December 9, 2012

Legalized Pot In Washington

"By Friday morning, the bureaucrats, the lawyers and the suits from Wall Street were pulling into town as state regulators began setting up what could become a $1-billion industry, built precariously on a product whose possession the federal government considers a felony.

State officials estimate that pot will soon be selling legally for about $12 a gram, with annual consumption of 85 million grams — a potential bonanza in state tax revenue of nearly $2 billion over the first five years."

December 9, 2012

"By Friday morning, the bureaucrats, the lawyers and the suits from Wall Street were pulling into town as state regulators began setting up what could become a $1-billion industry, built precariously on a product whose possession the federal government considers a felony.

State officials estimate that pot will soon be selling legally for about $12 a gram, with annual consumption of 85 million grams — a potential bonanza in state tax revenue of nearly $2 billion over the first five years."

I think this answers a lot of my questions about you. I understand now.

A drink in the evening will not make you drunk. A comparison would be if you got drunk every night not with a drink but with a bottle.

A successful nation, or society, cannot exist when a significant percentage of the population has to get high to get through the day. It might exacerbate the divisions present in the nation as the non user starts separating more from the users, but the country won't be successful.

A good friend of mine works for the UN. He's been all over the world. He said our problem wasn't drugs, but the number of people who find it necessary to take drugs. In Africa it's villages where the people chew khat all day and can no longer even do so much as get water from a well much less feed themselves. In small numbers, it's tolerable, in large numbers it is intolerable.

Pot is already America's number one cash crop.

If people want to become pot heads, they already are pot heads.

Pot is already so prevalent in America's society, legalizing it may increase usage marginally but it isn't going to be the end of society as we know it because we are living in that society already.

Legalizing pot will: eliminate the number of people in jail, take money away from black market pot cartels, and increase tax revenue.

Pot is already America's number one cash crop.

If people want to become pot heads, they already are pot heads.

Pot is already so prevalent in America's society, legalizing it may increase usage marginally but it isn't going to be the end of society as we know it because we are living in that society already.

Legalizing pot will: eliminate the number of people in jail, take money away from black market pot cartels, and increase tax revenue.

.....And, as usual, those folks who try it....for the 1st time....will be saying.....

"Is this all it IS??!!!!"

confused-dog.jpg

"Draft rules for medical use of marijuana in Massachusetts, issued Friday by the state Department of Public Health, largely leave it up to doctors to decide which patients will qualify for treatment with the drug.

Patients must have a debilitating condition -- defined as causing weakness, wasting syndrome, intractable pain or nausea, or impairing strength or ability and limiting major life activities -- and the regulations list qualifying conditions, including cancer, glaucoma, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, and ALS. But the rules also would allow doctors and their patients to decide what other conditions would qualify patients for treatment."

The referendum allowed patients to possess up to a 60-day supply of marijuana for personal use, but did not define the specific amount. The draft regulations define that supply as up to 10 ounces."

:woohoo:

Rocky3409_1_t614.jpg

I wonder how many who oppose legal marijuana enjoy a drink in the evening. Many held your position in 1933 when alcohol was made legal.

If you believe that smoking marijuana is better than Drinking, you are wrong twice.
If you take the AA test for Alcohol addiction and substitute Marijuana the results would be the same.

Don't Drink and/or do drugs and your life will be much better.

Marijuana is illegal under Federal Law which trumps State Law.

Protected by Smith and Wilson.

If you believe that smoking marijuana is better than Drinking, you are wrong twice.

it was for just about every person i knew back in the day.....Drinkers were belligerent and ended up being obnoxious....

Marijuana is illegal under Federal Law which trumps State Law.

still have Medical Marijuana out here.....going on 20 years now i believe....:eusa_eh:

December 9, 2012

I think this answers a lot of my questions about you. I understand now.
yea this Meatball thinks he is helping the pro pot cause.....no matter what anyone says about Pot not being harmful.....Shamen posts and its back to square one....this guy has just destroyed any thing said that is pro pot.....

A freaking ounce. It seems you would be liable for prosecution for tobacco use in a lot of areas but glassy eyed pot heads can continue to lose brain cells.

A freaking ounce. It seems you would be liable for prosecution for tobacco use in a lot of areas but glassy eyed pot heads can continue to lose brain cells.

you would have to prove that White....i knew to many people who smoked Pot at least as long as i did.....and they all seem to be doing just fine.....now the ones who smoked and Drank a lot or did other things like Speed or Cocaine along with the Pot.....they dont seem to be doing as well.....Physically and job wise....

Dec. 6 Ends Prohibition of Marijuana in 2 States

"Marijuana" could become America's new growth industry and once legal, provide $billions in taxes1

With any luck, the American people could be persuaded to perform their patriotic duty whereby a nation of "potheads" would smoke America into budget surpluses!

Last edited:
Perhaps the time has come that we legalize it entirely, and here are the reasons why:

We can save at least $7.7 billion dollars a year enforcing marijuana laws (that includes prosecution only, not housing the convicted in prison).

US spends billions every year prosecuting marijuana violations while economy tanks

We can save anywhere from $600 million to $1 billion a year on housing marijuana offenders in jail and prisons.

Jailing marijuana offenders and balancing the US budget « JOURNAL OF HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS

We can generate billions of dollars of tax revenue nationwide if we were legalize pot and tax it accordingly.

Legalize Marijuana for Tax Revenue - BusinessWeek

So bottom line is we can save billions of dollars and make billions at the same time. I am really confused as to why there is even still a debate. Perhaps when the dinosaurs in Congress either retire or die off, we can get it done. They seem to have some moral issue with it.

This issue now has nothing to do with science or medicine and have everything to do with POWER AND CONTROL.

Stoners have known that all along.

Cops have known that all along, too.

Forum List

Back