Debt Ceiling Threats Not a Winning Formula

Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

de·moc·ra·cy
noun \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
pluralde·moc·ra·cies

Definition of DEMOCRACY

a: government by the people; especially: rule of the majority

b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

Last edited:
if demoncraps will stop spending this izzewe will go away!

For the first time I can remember, I actually agree with something you've posted.
Yes, serious and meaningful spending cuts will (imho) take this issue off the table.

But if you think it's only Democrats who have participated in over-spending, then you've just been duped. BOTH parties have jumped at the chance to shower their buddies with goodies and favors in return for their support - using OUR money.

obama has been in office four years, is starting his fifth year and he's added 6 trillion to the national debt. at the end of the 8 years it will be easily 20 trillion dollars. at some point the economy will collapse.

Bush introduced more new spending than Obama has.

Yes, two wrongs don't make a right and I really want to see meaningful cuts in spending too. But finger pointing at the other guy while refusing to see the reality of how BOTH sides have contributed to the problem - is not being fiscally responsible. It's just being a hyper-partisan hack who only wants to see THEIR side writing the checks.

Obama got his class warfare taxes passed he said to go towards the dept..

he DOESN'T NEED the dept ceiling raised..This congress better hold the idiot in check

You know - gleefully chuckling and patting each other on the back for being equally stupid doesn't win arguments.
- just MHO.

For the first time I can remember, I actually agree with something you've posted.
Yes, serious and meaningful spending cuts will (imho) take this issue off the table.

But if you think it's only Democrats who have participated in over-spending, then you've just been duped. BOTH parties have jumped at the chance to shower their buddies with goodies and favors in return for their support - using OUR money.

obama has been in office four years, is starting his fifth year and he's added 6 trillion to the national debt. at the end of the 8 years it will be easily 20 trillion dollars. at some point the economy will collapse.

Yes, two wrongs don't make a right and I really want to see meaningful cuts in spending too. But finger pointing at the other guy while refusing to see the reality of how BOTH sides have contributed to the problem - is not being fiscally responsible. It's just being a hyper-partisan hack who only wants to see THEIR side writing the checks.

When are you Bush haters going to start living in the present?

When are you Bush haters going to start living in the present?

never...

The deal that was just brokered to avoid the fiscal cliff consists of $1 in spending cuts for every $41 dollars in tax increases. In other words...we STILL haven't gotten our spending under control. You can't keep on raising the debt ceiling, Kiddies...despite what progressives here "think". At some point Obama's going to have to step up to the plate and make some cuts or we're going to get our credit rating downgraded again.

The deal that was just brokered to avoid the fiscal cliff consists of $1 in spending cuts for every $41 dollars in tax increases. In other words...we STILL haven't gotten our spending under control. You can't keep on raising the debt ceiling, Kiddies...despite what progressives here "think". At some point Obama's going to have to step up to the plate and make some cuts or we're going to get our credit rating downgraded again.

Enough with Facts!!! You want to make them think?

You know - gleefully chuckling and patting each other on the back for being equally stupid doesn't win arguments.
- just MHO.

typical, you start a thread then start whining when people don't give you the opinion I guess you are looking for..

what damn answer were you looking for?

The Republicans will do the right thing and pass legislation to raise the debt ceiling.

They will have spending control conditions, of course.

It will be on the Democrats to compromise, and up to Obama to sign the legislation.

- just MHO.

typical, you start a thread then start whining when people don't give you the opinion I guess you are looking for..

what damn answer were you looking for?

After he was arguing the same point on another thread simultaneously.

what would happen if we did not raise the debt ceiling?

do any of you know?

With all due respect, Dog...what has Obama ever REALLY cut? You've fallen back on the false statistic that Obama hasn't raised spending by a larger percentage than Bush did since taking office but that statistic only works because Bush did TARP and other stimulus in his last year which was the height of the recession. Obama has continued spending that amount plus more every single year that he's been in office. We're running trillion dollar a year plus deficits and the costs of ObamaCare haven't even kicked in yet. This is about to get REALLY ugly from a deficit point of view and all Barry does is demand that Congress not give him any trouble raising the debt ceiling. I'm sorry but that's NOT dealing with the problem.

When Bush left office the national debt was ten trillion, obama took us to 16 trillion and before he's done it will be 20 trillion.

Obama said he would not entertain any negotiations on the debt ceiling - too fucking bad! He is not king; he does not have a choice! As long as it is raised, the borrowing, and blatant spending will continue! If the country is to be saved, a line in the sand needs to be drawn. The House needs to make it abundantly clear
that meaningful cuts must be made before the debt ceiling will be hiked; balls out!

When Bush left office the national debt was ten trillion, obama took us to 16 trillion and before he's done it will be 20 trillion.

Hey, but why destroy a good libtard meme?

The Democrats just got the taxes they demanded. They forced the GOP's hand by painting "them" as the culprits if we went over the fiscal cliff. So we kicked spending cuts further down the road "once again". Once again we will have to deal with that in a debt ceiling debate and once again liberals will try and paint conservatives as "mean and heartless" simply for asking for fiscal sanity.

We don't have a choice here, folks! We HAVE to cut spending and we have to start now.

Forum List

Back