Debates: Romney beat-down of the amateur could lead to....

These debates are all or nothing for Romney. The overall poll doesn't matter. If he does not take significant leads in swing states he is doomed

Not necessarily. If the election were held today, Romney would probably win. He could solidify himself for sure though.

Mitt Romney, who lost debates to Santorum and Perry, is going to beat down Obama? Laughable.

Romney has a chance to win a debate but I can promise you there will be no beat down.

Wow__ If that's your opinion then I have to question whether you even watched the debates__ whether you even watched highlights of the debates.

I didn't watch all of them, there were way too many, but I did watch some of them. Romney did not come off as some master debater.

I think your hate of Obama is clouding your judgement as you did mention that Obama lost the 2008 debates to McCain which couldn't be further from the truth.

I wouldn't call Romney a master debater. In fact, it was even a bit of a weakness for him in 08. But he won many of the 12 debates and other than a couple of digs by Paul and Santorum, he came out looking great. He is much more composed and on message and succinct nowadays.

And yes, McCain did beat Obama in the 08 debates; at least the last two. If I recall correctly, McCain did poorly in the first debate. But that's not to brag on McCain b/c he still sucked. That's just an endictment of Obama. Playing the blame card won't work like it did in 2008. If he doesn't develop some good tricks this time around, he will get blown out of the water.

These debates are all or nothing for Romney. The overall poll doesn't matter. If he does not take significant leads in swing states he is doomed

Not necessarily. If the election were held today, Romney would probably win. He could solidify himself for sure though.

Romney would lose the electoral vote 319-219 and the popular vote 49.0 to 45.4

RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Videos and Polls

Romney needs to dominate the debates....I don't think he has it in him

Wow__ If that's your opinion then I have to question whether you even watched the debates__ whether you even watched highlights of the debates.

I didn't watch all of them, there were way too many, but I did watch some of them. Romney did not come off as some master debater.

I think your hate of Obama is clouding your judgement as you did mention that Obama lost the 2008 debates to McCain which couldn't be further from the truth.

I wouldn't call Romney a master debater. In fact, it was even a bit of a weakness for him in 08. But he won many of the 12 debates and other than a couple of digs by Paul and Santorum, he came out looking great. He is much more composed and on message and succinct nowadays.

And yes, McCain did beat Obama in the 08 debates; at least the last two. If I recall correctly, McCain did poorly in the first debate. But that's not to brag on McCain b/c he still sucked. That's just an endictment of Obama. Playing the blame card won't work like it did in 2008. If he doesn't develop some good tricks this time around, he will get blown out of the water.

Romney is more composed and on message these days? He recently changed positions on the ACA multiple times in one day.

Obama won all three of the '08 debates, all polls and pundits basically agreed on this.

One thing Romney has going for him going into the debates is that most people expect Obama to win the debates. If Romney has good showings, it will help him more than a good debate will help Obama.

Romney is more composed and on message these days? He recently changed positions on the ACA multiple times in one day.

Obama won all three of the '08 debates, all polls and pundits basically agreed on this.

One thing Romney has going for him going into the debates is that most people expect Obama to win the debates. If Romney has good showings, it will help him more than a good debate will help Obama.

Romney has very much statyed on message and he has been sharp; but sharper than Obama who is so unnerved that he won't even do a real interview any more.

You think I care about the phony pundits and their jury rigged polls? Actually, I don't think the polls were that rigged though. I think a lot of people who wanted Obama, didn't want to betray him by saying he lost the debate when polled.

But I know they were certainly rigged when McCain had his best debate in the third debate (by far) and the media came out and said he did even worse than that second debate.

Seriously, why would you cite the pundits and think I'm supposed to care? The jig is up when it comes to the media. You know it, I know it, and you only look foolish to pretend otherwise.

Obama is not the slightest unnerved as suggested by TGG.

Romney improved in the debates during the primaries.

No, McCain did not dominate Obama in 08.

Romney must sweep in the debates in such a dominating way there is no question we must vote for him.

I've got it Romney- 301 and Obama- 237, and that is being generous to Obama.

I'm giving Obama Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, and Minnesota, in addition to the usual left wing enclaves.

The "wild card" here is the Democrat's VOTER FRAUD machine, and how well-oiled it is this time around.

Yea__ their cheating especially worries me in Nevada and Ohio.

I'm telling that moron Truthmatters on both you guys!

Obama is not the slightest unnerved as suggested by TGG.

Romney improved in the debates during the primaries.

No, McCain did not dominate Obama in 08.

Romney must sweep in the debates in such a dominating way there is no question we must vote for him.

Did I say McCain dominated the debates or are you just making stuff up again?

TGG hates being corrected. Son, you gave that impression of domination, but you are right if you are saying McCain did well but not did not smash Obama.

I want Romney to win but I know the earth does not end with an Obama win.

You, on the other hand, are acting as if it is Armageddon upon us. Grow up.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you're either katzndog's sockpuppet or just another guy like him who comes on here to shit-talk but doesn't really believe what he's posting; just wants to stir shit up.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you're del's used condom.

Those are the only reasons I can think of that you're actually saying this stupid shit.

Which explains why you're covered with shit....

Democrats are hanging their hats on an October jobs report showing dramatic increases in employment in September.

After Obama's fumbling of yesterday's 9/11 attacks, I think he may have some real trouble. Right or wrong, these attacks are hurting Obama. Unless he formulates a strong response, this could be the end of his campaign.

Seriously hack, you have no credibility.

You've been screaming that it's a lock for Obama since January.

Romney has trailed Obama in the polls for over six months. His current state by state polling for electoral votes has him way behind with two months to go

You can ignore the obvious if you choose. But time is running out and the debates look to be Romneys last chance to convince the voters

Romney is a world class debater and Obama doesn't stand a chance without his teleprompter.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Republicans are dearly hoping for a poor jobs report in October and a great series of debates by Romney.

How did we get in this position? A year ago, I would have said even koshergrl could have beat the president.

After Obama's fumbling of yesterday's 9/11 attacks, I think he may have some real trouble. Right or wrong, these attacks are hurting Obama. Unless he formulates a strong response, this could be the end of his campaign.

It was Romney who fumbled in his premature partisan attacks

Once again showing he is unprepared in foreign policy

Anything short of reducing Obama to tears live on stage would be a disappointment for the master debater, Mitt Romney.

Forum List

Back