Death, yours?

Solace

Rookie
Oct 29, 2010
How do you think you'll die? And more importantly, if you had to choose, how would you want to die? Do you think you'll die young or middle aged or old?

I'll probably die because I sometimes do less than safe things, and some day I may have an accident from being less than safe. I want to die saving the one I love. I think I'm going to die young, I always think I will, it doesn't scare me anymore even, it's like I've accepted that I'm going to die young just as one accepts that the sun will rise in the morning.

How old are you? Have you actually faced death before? As in a combat situation where you do not expect to survive? Been told you have a terminal disease?
I am not sure it is entirelly possible to predict how one will face death untill they are actually confronted with it.

I have already outlived my DR's estimates by over a month.
I consider myself ready to go, but who knows right at the end?

Death... Yep. I've given it thought from time to time when I don't have anything more important to do. I have a medical condition that could cause my demise at almost anytime. I could die in the next five minutes or I might live another 5 years or so. I think I am closer to the end of my life then I am to the middle though. I've lived a very good life and I have enjoyed 98% of it. When it's my time, it's my time. I would rather just drop dead out in the yard then to be hauled into a hospital to die. We are all going to die one of these days so it is something you need to prepare for. Nobody's bulletproof. I'm not in a big hurry to die but I am interested in what happens next. There has to be more to it then just becoming worm food. I believe in God but I don't think man has this whole religion thing figured out just right. God and religion can't be as complicated as we all try to make it. I won't have a single regret about anything when it's my time to die. My life has been a really good adventure. I've lived better than a good many people have. I've worked hard when I needed to. I've played when I needed to play. I know what it is to be loved and to love somebody. My life has been very full. There's a few things I'd like to do before I die if I get around to it. The important thing though is to not dwell on dying. Life is meant to be lived so get out there and live it! There will be plenty of time for laying around later.

Ideally, I'll have a quick death, perhaps a bullet to the brain.

Sure beats wasting away in a hospital bed, or developing Alzheimers, or subsisting in a vegetative state after severe accident.

Have been in so much physical pain that I hoped to die...wouldn't recommend it. Glad that I recovered.

Last edited:
I would like to die in combat, not cause I think I am a hard-core soldier or anything, but, I want to die saving someone. Die for something more then myself, I mean, I just hope I die saving someone's life. That is why I wanted to be either a cop or firefighter in the Air Force. I really do not want to die alone if I live after combat. I want someone who will be with me forever, but to be completely honest, after my last relationship, I'd prefer dying saving someone. I do not know how to explain it but, I am terrified of someone else dying in my spot. I always say it "that kid is not dying" as a example of, if I had never joined, and been in a situation where I die, it would be some other guy. I'd prefer it to be me, because, I have made my peace, and above all, I'd die happy knowing I was there for someone else. Kind of weird admitting this on the internet, but eh, guess that's the internet for you.

I hope to live old, then stop breathing in my sleep once I'm bored with living. I've dodged some hairy incidents so I figure I'm still here for a reason. I do NOT want to drown, no way.

How do you think you'll die? And more importantly, if you had to choose, how would you want to die? Do you think you'll die young or middle aged or old?

I'll probably die because I sometimes do less than safe things, and some day I may have an accident from being less than safe. I want to die saving the one I love. I think I'm going to die young, I always think I will, it doesn't scare me anymore even, it's like I've accepted that I'm going to die young just as one accepts that the sun will rise in the morning.

I think you're a little to preoccupied with death. Maybe more thought about living would be better.

I want to die of a bullet wound to the head on the steps of the US Supreme Court after winning some massive new right for someone....at the age of 75 or 80. I've had threats from opposing counsel before and always treasured them. Imagine the headlines!

And my estate could sue...it'd be a damned near perfect way to go.

I would like to die in combat, not cause I think I am a hard-core soldier or anything, but, I want to die saving someone. Die for something more then myself, I mean, I just hope I die saving someone's life. That is why I wanted to be either a cop or firefighter in the Air Force. I really do not want to die alone if I live after combat. I want someone who will be with me forever, but to be completely honest, after my last relationship, I'd prefer dying saving someone. I do not know how to explain it but, I am terrified of someone else dying in my spot. I always say it "that kid is not dying" as a example of, if I had never joined, and been in a situation where I die, it would be some other guy. I'd prefer it to be me, because, I have made my peace, and above all, I'd die happy knowing I was there for someone else. Kind of weird admitting this on the internet, but eh, guess that's the internet for you.

Cain, most times when you save someone you also survive. It isn't unusual to ponder death at a young age -- anymore than it is to ponder any other Big Question -- but to court it is to cheat the world of the man you would have been.

If you die young, who'll be there to save the lives you would have had you lived until you were 40? 50? And beyond?

You are unique and irreplaceable....your death extinguishes that and diminishes all of us. Courage not just facing death. It is also about facing daily struggles, and learning to do right by yourself as well as others.

I have been in positions in life where I actually wanted to die.... Not by my own hands but just wished it would happen. I am glad it did not happen. There really is no reason to go picking how one feels they might die in life because there is too much to live for. After seeing my father die of cancer, I feel we need to focus more on the positives in order to be happy while we live.

I'm truly astonished that none of the republicans have stated they want to die with a gun in their hands.

So, fill ya fist, son!

Me? In my sleep. But in all honesty, my demise will probably be caused by some sort of alcohol related embarressment.

Bottoms up.

I'm truly astonished that none of the republicans have stated they want to die with a gun in their hands.

So, fill ya fist, son!

Me? In my sleep. But in all honesty, my demise will probably be caused by some sort of alcohol related embarressment.

Bottoms up.

If it were not for my kids I would probably be in a constant alcoholic haze! LOL

How old are you? Have you actually faced death before? As in a combat situation where you do not expect to survive? Been told you have a terminal disease?
I am not sure it is entirelly possible to predict how one will face death untill they are actually confronted with it.

I have already outlived my DR's estimates by over a month.
I consider myself ready to go, but who knows right at the end?

lol I'm 18 and nope none of that stuff

Forum List

Back