Death, yours?

How old are you? Have you actually faced death before? As in a combat situation where you do not expect to survive? Been told you have a terminal disease?
I am not sure it is entirelly possible to predict how one will face death untill they are actually confronted with it.

I have already outlived my DR's estimates by over a month.
I consider myself ready to go, but who knows right at the end?

lol I'm 18 and nope none of that stuff

Your age is showing by you LOLing at UScitizen.

I'm going to live to be 100 and when I die, it will be peacefully in my sleep.

Some ways I would NOT like to die: drowning or suffocation of any type, being stung to death by bees, being buried alive.

I'm going to live to be 100 and when I die, it will be peacefully in my sleep.

Some ways I would NOT like to die: drowning or suffocation of any type, being stung to death by bees, being buried alive.

Being chopped up while alive, being burned by a torch while alive....

I would like to die in combat, not cause I think I am a hard-core soldier or anything, but, I want to die saving someone. Die for something more then myself, I mean, I just hope I die saving someone's life. That is why I wanted to be either a cop or firefighter in the Air Force. I really do not want to die alone if I live after combat. I want someone who will be with me forever, but to be completely honest, after my last relationship, I'd prefer dying saving someone. I do not know how to explain it but, I am terrified of someone else dying in my spot. I always say it "that kid is not dying" as a example of, if I had never joined, and been in a situation where I die, it would be some other guy. I'd prefer it to be me, because, I have made my peace, and above all, I'd die happy knowing I was there for someone else. Kind of weird admitting this on the internet, but eh, guess that's the internet for you.

I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
George S.Patton

Well, I have faced death a few times and I could die tomorrow, even today. Or I could live another 30 years. All I really want is for the Mrs to go first, that way she doesn't have to live without me being there for her. Besides I've promised to scatter her ashes in the Grand Canyon.

But the absolute perfect way for a man to die?

At the ripe old age of 99, Shot in the back by a jealous 19 year old husband.

How do you think you'll die? And more importantly, if you had to choose, how would you want to die? Do you think you'll die young or middle aged or old?

I'll probably die because I sometimes do less than safe things, and some day I may have an accident from being less than safe. I want to die saving the one I love. I think I'm going to die young, I always think I will, it doesn't scare me anymore even, it's like I've accepted that I'm going to die young just as one accepts that the sun will rise in the morning.

Dear solace,

I am old, I remember feeling what you are feeling. It is a fantom and has nothing to do with when you are going to die. Its a feeling that you are confusing for a premonition.

In reality it is common amoung young adults.

You are about to change.

You are doing what is called growing up.

You sense in your pshycy that you are changing into a different person.

You are.

We in this country do not recognize the differing stages of life.

Your stage of life is changing.

It will happen to you several times throughout your life.

Dont fear it and dont try to make it come true.

Your adult mind is telling you that you are getting ready for the next stage (dont worry it kicks ass all over the last stage if you dont fight it).

Stop doing the dangerous things and fully embrace adulthood and save save save your fucking ass off because you are going to live a very long life.

repete Save Save Save.

Last edited:
How old are you? Have you actually faced death before? As in a combat situation where you do not expect to survive? Been told you have a terminal disease?
I am not sure it is entirelly possible to predict how one will face death untill they are actually confronted with it.

I have already outlived my DR's estimates by over a month.
I consider myself ready to go, but who knows right at the end?

lol I'm 18 and nope none of that stuff

Your age is showing by you LOLing at UScitizen.

Awww, you know you love me :lol:

Well, I have faced death a few times and I could die tomorrow, even today. Or I could live another 30 years. All I really want is for the Mrs to go first, that way she doesn't have to live without me being there for her. Besides I've promised to scatter her ashes in the Grand Canyon.

But the absolute perfect way for a man to die?

At the ripe old age of 99, Shot in the back by a jealous 19 year old husband.

Why would a 19 yr old man be married to a 99 yr old woman?

I think what Ollie's alluding to is that he'd be the 99 year old Casanova pounding the much younger (than himself) wife of a 19 year old man.

Am I even close, Ollie?

I would like to die in combat, not cause I think I am a hard-core soldier or anything, but, I want to die saving someone. Die for something more then myself, I mean, I just hope I die saving someone's life. That is why I wanted to be either a cop or firefighter in the Air Force. I really do not want to die alone if I live after combat. I want someone who will be with me forever, but to be completely honest, after my last relationship, I'd prefer dying saving someone. I do not know how to explain it but, I am terrified of someone else dying in my spot. I always say it "that kid is not dying" as a example of, if I had never joined, and been in a situation where I die, it would be some other guy. I'd prefer it to be me, because, I have made my peace, and above all, I'd die happy knowing I was there for someone else. Kind of weird admitting this on the internet, but eh, guess that's the internet for you.

While it's very noble to want to save someone else's life, be careful what you wish for. The son of one of my friends went to Iraq on a short tour - one mission. He promised his men they would all come home safely. He was right. They all came home safely - he was the only one who returned in a coffin. About two weeks away from shipping home one of his troops was shot up in a fire fight and he went out to drag that man to safety and was killed for his effort. He left behind a stunned and shattered unit, devastated parents, a grieving wife and a 2 year old child who would never again feel his love. The soldier is not the only one who "dies" in combat.

I think what Ollie's alluding to is that he'd be the 99 year old Casanova pounding the much younger (than himself) wife of a 19 year old man.

Am I even close, Ollie?

Oh I know, I was just giving him a friendly heckle. He pos repped me for it.

While it's very noble to want to save someone else's life, be careful what you wish for. The son of one of my friends went to Iraq on a short tour - one mission. He promised his men they would all come home safely. He was right. They all came home safely - he was the only one who returned in a coffin. About two weeks away from shipping home one of his troops was shot up in a fire fight and he went out to drag that man to safety and was killed for his effort. He left behind a stunned and shattered unit, devastated parents, a grieving wife and a 2 year old child who would never again feel his love. The soldier is not the only one who "dies" in combat.

yeah I got my most serious wound in nam doing the same thing.
I was responsible for my boys and took it seriously, but then I was just a boy then as well ;)
I wanted to try and explain to the kid about that, but could not word it properly and deleted it without posting.

Thanks granny.

Out of rep for now will catch you later.

Indeed.

I much prefer the thought of living for something, than dying for something.

Indeed.

Dying is easy.

Well, it's a lead pipe cinch I ain't gonna die young!

But, death comes to all. I think I'd prefer to be ripped apart by a coven of wild hyenas. At least that way, I could scratch Africa off my list of places I've yet to visit.

And the gossip at the funeral would be juicy!

Indeed.

Dying is easy.
Comedy is hard.

Forum List

Back