Have you ever wondered what people will say at your funeral?

Solace

Rookie
Oct 29, 2010
Have you ever thought to yourself "what will the people who's lives I've touched say at my funeral?" What will your parents say? What will your siblings, if you have any, say? What will your friends say? What will your equivalent other say? Who will cry and who will act like they don't care? Is it normal to occasionally have thoughts like this?

Not at all. If they can't say it now, then it never really mattered.

Funerals are for the living by the way, just my opinion.

I gave them all scripts already ;)

I just told the preacher not to say in some way that I was a Christian.
I like the guy and would not want him to lie.

Last edited:
No, can't say I have.

As I don't worry too much about what people think of me now, I don't care at all about what people will think of me when I'm dead.

If I have my way they'll be saying "Who's running for more beer"? :D

I would hope since it's for the benefit of the living that people will do and say whatever seems most comfortable and appropriate to them. I won't be there to hear it, why should I care?

LOL, I used to say put a keg on the foot of my coffin for my friends.
But most of my family are strict bible thumping teetotalers and I would not want to do them that way.

And I also almost decided to be cremated and have my ashes spread on the city water works so everyone would eat my shit.
I actually have a friend who offered to do this for me that works for the county water dept :D
still not decided on that though.
But I will be cremated.
that is already paid for.

I think it's normal to wonder about such things. One wonders if they made a positive impact on the world with their lives.

If people have told you specifically something about yourself then that's what they will say at your wake.

People have told me I'm honest, a bulldog in solving a problem, generous, cool, silly, and so on. I expect only a few will come since I'm not very socially connected but they will speak positive of me.

When my time comes, and I have the opportunity, I will leave instructions for the final arrangements. I want it to be small but memorable. (twinkle in the eye)

Regards,

Funerals are stupid.

A bunch of people showing up all dressed up, many of which never gave a single fuck about the person while they were alive. Just there because they're "supposed" to be.

Funerals are stupid.

A bunch of people showing up all dressed up, many of which never gave a single fuck about the person while they were alive. Just there because they're "supposed" to be.

the funeral is for the living.

Personally for myself they could put the in a trash bag on the curb on collection day, it would not matter to me.

Funerals are stupid.

Personally for myself they could put the in a trash bag on the curb on collection day, it would not matter to me.

My dad died when I was 14. It was tough for me. Some of my family made me feel guilty because I chose not to go to the funeral.

It wasn't enough that I went the night before to the funeral home for a private viewing with my mother to say my final goodbye and put a couple things in the casket that I wanted him to be buried with.

No.

God forbid I didn't go "celebrate" with the other 100's of people at the funeral, many of whom I didn't even fucking know.

Funerals are stupid.

My dad died when I was 14. It was tough for me. Some of my family made me feel guilty because I chose not to go to the funeral.

It wasn't enough that I went the night before to the funeral home for a private viewing with my mother to say my final goodbye and put a couple things in the casket that I wanted him to be buried with.

No.

God forbid I didn't go "celebrate" with the other 100's of people at the funeral, many of whom I didn't even fucking know.

Understood, My dad died when I was 16.
I did go to the funeral but knew every single one there. I grew up in a small rural community in eastern KY.
it was tough finiancially as well as emotionally, I worked about 40 hours a week and finished HS and then started tech school and then got drafted. Virtually all my pay went to my family while in the service.

I'm afraid it will be a bit like this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFhD7dnqEbg"]good bye charlie[/ame]

Have you ever wondered what people will say at your funeral?

Have you ever thought to yourself "what will the people who's lives I've touched say at my funeral?" What will your parents say? What will your siblings, if you have any, say? What will your friends say? What will your equivalent other say? Who will cry and who will act like they don't care? Is it normal to occasionally have thoughts like this?

I use to. Then I was ill and going to die. I obviously didn't die. I lived, and now I plan on having no funeral at all. People want a memorial service to comfort themselves, I say "knock yourselves out" but I won't be attending in body or spirit.

:cool:
from a survivor

Have you ever thought to yourself "what will the people who's lives I've touched say at my funeral?" Not until this very moment. Until I read your thread, the thought never entered my mind. What will your parents say? I'm hoping that by the time my soul moves on, my parents will have been gone a loooong time. What will your siblings, if you have any, say? I'm glad she went with cremation rather than a full burial because it saved us a shit-load of money. What will your friends say? Depends on the friend. What will your equivalent other say? I'm hoping our souls move on together, at the same time, so he won't have to say anything. Who will cry and who will act like they don't care? Is it normal to occasionally have thoughts like this? Uhm .... pause ... I guess so.
~

I think it's normal to wonder about such things. One wonders if they made a positive impact on the world with their lives.

One can decide on a daily basis if they want to make a positive impact of the world by the thoughts they think, the words they use and the actions they take. Make it happen today! No need to wonder if folks think that way after you're gone. They'll think it today!

My brother will say:

Beneath this ground,
CG lies.
Nobody laughs.
Nobody cries.
Where she's going,
and how she fares,
Nobody knows,
And nobody cares.

That's a nice urn..they will be spreading the ashes tomorrow..

Okay..enough of that..let's hit the Martini bar..and do a toast.

Forum List

Back