Death Penalty Sins In The Old Testament:

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (NIV, Matthew 5:17–18)

There are 42 violations which call for the death penalty in the old testament......kinda hard on folks don't you think?

I'm no longer a Christian but you have a gross misinterpretation of the New Testament. Jesus dying on the cross was the fulfillment of the law according to 2,000 plus years of exegesis. That's why Christians aren't throwing stones in gay night clubs.

I'm no longer a Christian but you have a gross misinterpretation of the New Testament. Jesus dying on the cross was the fulfillment of the law according to 2,000 plus years of exegesis. That's why Christians aren't throwing stones in gay night clubs.

To fulfill the law is to comply with its demands.

Just because Jesus fulfilled the law and received the life promised for obedience doesn't mean that no one else has to fulfill the law to receive that life.

In fact Jesus said that the law will remain in effect and in full force, for good or evil, for as long as heaven and earth endure.

Just because Jesus fulfilled the law and received the life promised for obedience doesn't mean that no one else has to fulfill the law to receive that life.

In fact Jesus said that the law will remain in effect and in full force, for good or evil, for as long as heaven and earth endure.
Well he did say he came to fulfill the law, not that the law stands after the fulfillment. But I know there are various interpretations with just about everything in the NT.

Well he did say he came to fulfill the law, not that the law stands after the fulfillment. But I know there are various interpretations with just about everything in the NT.

Yes, Jesus did say that the law will remain in effect and in full force for as long as heaven and earth endure.

Paul taught that the law was made obsolete.

I say the only thing that was made obsolete after the revelation of Jesus was the wrong way to fulfill the laws demands, not the law itself.

. Christians still have to abide by standards and laws that govern their beliefs or face destruction as they fall apart family by family due to a new suggestion of having sympothy for the devil these days. I mean look at what happens to those who have put their gaurd down, and what has happened to their children. Dillon Ruth is a good summary of both problems of letting ones gaurd down against evil in the world. Christins are safer by having laws and standards in which they enforce and abide by, just like any other the same. Yes forgiveness for breaking the laws were paid for with the blood of Christ for all who believe, and therefore go forth to try and live as good as possible until it is finished, but the laws still remain active even so.

Last edited:

. We will not enter in except through Christ and his forgiveness he gave, but we are to uphold the commandments daily in our lives, and if we slip, then that is where our forgiveness had been won for us through Christ, and his understanding of the great struggle we are all in, and therefore he gives us a way out of that struggle if we so choose the pathway he made for us.

. We will not enter in except through Christ and his forgiveness he gave, but we are to uphold the commandments daily in our lives, and if we slip, then that is where our forgiveness had been won for us through Christ, and his understanding of the great struggle we are all in, and therefore he gives us a way out of that struggle if we so choose the pathway he made for us.

The only way out of that struggle is to learn the right way to understand and comply with the law that results in the fulfillment of the promise of eternal life for compliance and to do it.

Only by doing what is right is the burden of the law, which is the death for noncompliance, removed.

Once you understand that kosher law has nothing whatever to do with what is served and eaten for meals but instead is about what is kosher or not to teach and learn the yoke of the law becomes easy.

. Christians still have to abide by standards and laws that govern their beliefs or face destruction as they fall apart family by family due to a new suggestion of having sympothy for the devil these days. I mean look at what happens to those who have put their gaurd down, and what has happened to their children. Dillon Ruth is a good summary of both problems of letting ones gaurd down against evil in the world. Christins are safer by having laws and standards in which they enforce and abide by, just like any other the same. Yes forgiveness for breaking the laws were paid for with the blood of Christ for all who believe, and therefore go forth to try and live as good as possible until it is finished, but the laws still remain active even so.
So Christians are forbidden to eat pork and shellfish? And must kill fellow Christians that do?

So Christians are to obey and enforce the law unless they don't. Then they are forgiven. That's why so many believers are part schizoid.

So Christians are forbidden to eat pork and shellfish?

Once you understand that kosher law has nothing whatever to do with what is served and eaten for meals but instead is about what is acceptable or not or not to teach and learn the yoke of the law becomes easy.

Don't you already discriminate between what you will or will not allow a place in your mind?

don't you already believe that certain ideas or beliefs can defile, contaminate, and impair the mind while other thoughts and beliefs can purify and refine?

Do you swallow the teachings of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, (think deeply)?

No?

How hard is that?

Last edited:

Once you understand that kosher law has nothing whatever to do with what is served and eaten for meals but instead is about what is acceptable or not or not to teach and learn the yoke of the law becomes easy.

Don't you already discriminate between what you will or will not allow a place in your mind?

don't you already believe that certain ideas or beliefs can defile, contaminate, and impair the mind while other thoughts and beliefs can purify and refine?

Do you swallow the teachings of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, (think deeply)?
Since you are genuflecting worse than a pretzle I guess it isn't easy after all. The law said no pork and no shellfish, not if you prepare it right it's OK.

The rest of your post is the ramblings of a mad man.

No?

How hard is that?
. Yes we all can take from the Bible the very things we need and use daily in our lives in order to bring peace and happiness between our brotherhood and sisterhood in which we all strive for in this world, and yes the extremes of the old testament laws were changed when Jesus explained to us those changes, but some laws and standards in the word has never changed. All these are explained throughout the book, and not just understood by cherry picking the word. We no longer make animal sacrifices to cover our sin, because as the book stated that act was changed when Jesus came to save us through the blood he gave to cover our sins upon the cross if so believe.

We no longer make animal sacrifices to cover our sin, because as the book stated that act was changed when Jesus came to save us through the blood he gave to cover our sins upon the cross if so believe.

No, the laws regarding ritual sacrifice have nothing whatever to do with killing farm animals, but they have to do with something.

Since you are genuflecting worse than a pretzle I guess it isn't easy after all. The law said no pork and no shellfish, not if you prepare it right it's OK.

When Jesus said to "eat my flesh" was he speaking about anything other than his teaching?

How can you fail to see the connection between Jesus's command to eat his flesh and the commands of kosher law which teach which flesh of what type of creature is acceptable or not to eat?

Yes we all can take from the Bible the very things we need and use daily in our lives in order to bring peace and happiness between our brotherhood and sisterhood in which we all strive for in this world, and yes the extremes of the old testament laws were changed when Jesus explained to us those changes, but some laws and standards in the word has never changed. All these are explained throughout the book, and not just understood by cherry picking the word. We no longer make animal sacrifices to cover our sin, because as the book stated that act was changed when Jesus came to save us through the blood he gave to cover our sins upon the cross if so believe.
So the laws and enforcement still stand, except for the extreme ones Jesus explained away? You said the law was still active but now you are cherry picking.

When Jesus said to "eat my flesh" was he speaking about anything other than his teaching?

How can you fail to see the connection between Jesus's command to eat his flesh and the commands of kosher law which teach which flesh of what type of creature is acceptable or not to eat?
The OT laws weren't symbolic. Not much wiggle room in don't eat this or that and stone whores and homosexuals to death. Now you are trying to fit your beliefs into the texts. That's your privilege but it's inconsistent.

The OT laws weren't symbolic. Not much wiggle room in don't eat this or that and stone whores and homosexuals to death. Now you are trying to fit your beliefs into the texts. That's your privilege but it's inconsistent.

The OT sets many precedents where teaching is a metaphor for food, "Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good," (isaiah 55:2) and many other instances where so called sexual crimes are attributed to nations which obviously has nothing to do with sex.

Its not what I am trying to fit into my beliefs. I am showing that this is what Jesus taught, that the words of the law were figurative, the subjects hidden and not necessarily directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

Yes we all can take from the Bible the very things we need and use daily in our lives in order to bring peace and happiness between our brotherhood and sisterhood in which we all strive for in this world, and yes the extremes of the old testament laws were changed when Jesus explained to us those changes, but some laws and standards in the word has never changed. All these are explained throughout the book, and not just understood by cherry picking the word. We no longer make animal sacrifices to cover our sin, because as the book stated that act was changed when Jesus came to save us through the blood he gave to cover our sins upon the cross if so believe.
So the laws and enforcement still stand, except for the extreme ones Jesus explained away? You said the law was still active but now you are cherry picking.
. I am cherry picking, because throughout the word changes were made, but not for all did the changes occur. If are going to cherry pick, at least let it be profitable for the soul, and not confusing or non-profitable towards the conditions in which we live in currently. Parcing of the word is good, but as long as good is doing the parcing.

Forum List

Back