Death On A Bun

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
The Friendly's Ultimate Grilled Cheese Burger Melt

The Friendly's chain is the latest entrant into the wretched-excess fast-food sweepstakes, having introduced its Ultimate Grilled Cheese Burger Melt, a 1,500 calorie, 97-fat-gram obscenity that sandwiches a thick burger between two (yes, two) grilled-cheese sandwiches. Oh, plus some thousand-island dressing, and in a gentle nod to the vegetable kingdom, onions and mushrooms.

Would any of you be willing to try this heart attack on a plate with a side of fries?

Open Wide!

Not for me. I just don't eat fast food that much and then it's more likely to going to be Arby's. Fast food is entrenched in today's diet. I can remember when I did take my kids to MickeyD's they considered it a real treat. They're not addicted to the stuff either.

i take it you missed the thread on bacon turtles?

Makes me wanna...

White_Trash_Puking1.jpg

Okay, that's excessive. But do you like grilled cheeseburgers with just one slice of grilled bread and cheese on each side (as nature intended)? It's two slices of bread of a difference. I used to make grilled cheese fried egg sandwiches. And have you tried Domino's cheesy bread sticks with garlic dipping sauce?

I leave those things alone now, but I remember that life is delicious when you can actually hear your arteries slamming shut :lol:

Blech, too much.

Our fast-food is an occasional pizze, hoagie or cheesesteak. I ate at a McD's once or twice and . . . how the hell people eat there or similar places on any type of regular/consistent basis is beyond my knowledge.

Okay, that's excessive. But do you like grilled cheeseburgers with just one slice of grilled bread and cheese on each side (as nature intended)? It's two slices of bread of a difference. I used to make grilled cheese fried egg sandwiches. And have you tried Domino's cheesy bread sticks with garlic dipping sauce?

I leave those things alone now, but I remember that life is delicious when you can actually hear your arteries slamming shut :lol:
Grilled cheese fried eggs sandwiches? OH do tell!
I like making a fried egg sandwich from time to time, but I've never made one as part of or in addition to a grilled cheese sandwich.

I prefer homemade burgers cooked over an open flame. Not too thick, but with a thick slice of American cheese, sauteed onions, mayo and maybe a squirt of ketchup.

yes i do. friendly's used to sell a sandwich just like that and it was my favorite.

2 grilled cheese sandwiches around a burger is a bit too much for me.

Blech, too much.

Our fast-food is an occasional pizze, hoagie or cheesesteak. I ate at a McD's once or twice and . . . how the hell people eat there or similar places on any type of regular/consistent basis is beyond my knowledge.
Seriously.
I'll indulge myself once a year with a Big Mac, and end up feeling disgusting after I eat it.

Steak, cheese and onion .... Mmmmmmmmmmmm. ( grumble grumble )

Grilled cheese fried eggs sandwiches? OH do tell!
I like making a fried egg sandwich from time to time, but I've never made one as part of or in addition to a grilled cheese sandwich.

I prefer homemade burgers cooked over an open flame. Not too thick, but with a thick slice of American cheese, sauteed onions, mayo and maybe a squirt of ketchup.

A grilled cheese sandwich, made with real Italian bread, with one egg, over easy, in the middle. Salt and pepper to taste. If the yolk runs, and we hope it does, sop it up with the sandwich. This is to die for, simple as it is.

A grilled cheese sandwich, made with real Italian bread, with one egg, over easy, in the middle. Salt and pepper to taste. If the yolk runs, and we hope it does, sop it up with the sandwich. This is to die for, simple as it is.

Ah, yes. Italian bread. Or you can do a pretty good breakfast by making a hole in the middle of the Italian bread, breaking an egg in there and after flipping it over to toast the other side, add strips of bacon on top. I'm so glad I got Grandma Maggio's "recipe" while I could.

A grilled cheese sandwich, made with real Italian bread, with one egg, over easy, in the middle. Salt and pepper to taste. If the yolk runs, and we hope it does, LOL sop it up with the sandwich. This is to die for, simple as it is.
I'm all for simple. When I make a fried egg sandwich, I use whatever bread I have and throw it in the toaster while the eggs are frying in the pan. I never thought about making it like a grilled cheese, and now I'm going to have to try it!

Ah, yes. Italian bread. Or you can do a pretty good breakfast by making a hole in the middle of the Italian bread, breaking an egg in there and after flipping it over to toast the other side, add strips of bacon on top. I'm so glad I got Grandma Maggio's "recipe" while I could.
Sounds delicious Granny!

Check out the frying pan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh_P3hKKuoE]YouTube - Moonstruck - Breakfast Scene - Cher - Olympia Dukakis[/ame]

Forum List

Back