Death of an American Veteran. He never had a chance.

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Psychoblues, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    My biological brother died in January of 2004. His affliction was only recognised and then admitted by the VA in the middle of 2003 even though his last year of service was in 1971. Cancer most definately caused by Agent Orange, his VA Doctor expressed. His dilemma was well recognised by the VA and had been for many years, according to his Doctor. He suffered and ultimately died due to the disease that went on improperly diagnosed for all the years in between. He never wanted or asked for compensation. He only wanted to breath, eat and drink like normal people but didn't understand why he couldn't. He died a genuine hero but totally unrecognised by anyone beyond his immediate family for his contributions to America.

USMB was kind to me then. Posters then expressed deep feelings and sympathies for my Brother and me. Even then, we knew that we were on opposite ends of the political spectrum but the kindness and genuine compassion showed through all of that. Death is important even to right wingers, I surmised.

What about the Veterans that are returning from the so-called War On Terror? Will the Powers that Be behave any more compassionately than they did for my Brother? Will the Powers that Be truly initiate attitude and understanding that might forego the lifelong miseries of my Brother? Will the Powers that Be have the fortitude of solution and the genuine attention to the problems of the returning Veterans to properly address their dilemmas?

Maybe you have to die to be considered a "genuine Veteran"? I think sickness, explained or not, is the responsibility of the United States Government as their Veterans return from duty with illnesses that defy otherwise explanation. Continued refusal of the Powers that Be to properly address the problems of their returning Veterans will be the ultimate failure in this so-called War On Terror.

Psychoblues

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Well, sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut! For the first time since I have been a posting member of this board, I have to honestly say I agree with Psycho. I'd even give him some rep points, but I just need to spread some around first.

3. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,739
    The vietnam vets really got shit on, by the public and by the government.

But people do remember their sacrifice everyday. :salute:

4. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    The VA has been kind to me, over the years, as I needed medical care.

5. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Lol, Psycho you have no shame.

After almost 3 years experience with Psycho I do not believe this post just like I did not believe this when he posted it in Nov. 04.

I believe, and my belief is based upon his actions here at USMB, that Psycho, who by his own admition has a problem with alcohol, sits behind his computer and with the help of a case of busch beer and a hallucinogen or two thinks up these scenarios to give himself a false sense of righteousness about his twisted view of America.

His m.o. from day 1 has been start an inflammatory thread(also known as trolling) and then when cornered in that thread to simply abandon that thread and start another equally outrageous and inflammatory thread. His constant claims of military service and patriotism leads me to believe that he neither served or is a patriot because as they say in poker when one claims strength he usually is weak. Funny how Psycho's brother conveniently died of cancer supposedly caused by agent orange laid down by the U.s. government, the same government he rails against constantly(well Repub governments), kind of fits in with his political points of view, doesn't it? Its all way too coincidental.

In short I think Psycho is full of crap and feigning someone's death to further a point of view is really low.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    The VA has been great to me too. However, the government has been slow at times to recognize some illnesses caused as a result of military action (Agent Orange was one, Gulf War syndrome another). Having said that, I also have to say that the medical care and personnel at the VA have been simply awesome (from my own experience).

As to whether or not Psycho has posted the honest facts regarding his personal relationships or the events he depicts is a whole different story. I have my suspicions and they lean along the lines OCA posted.

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    The part of visitin the VA hospital which most bothers me is this: Me in there complaining of knee pain or foot pain, sitting RIGHT NEXT to a guy who may have NO knees or FEET to complain about. :(

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Yeah...that is always a tough thing...however, not once has anyone ever asked me to compare injuries or anything like that.

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Just makes me feel like a pussy...that's all. :(

10. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Let's go through this, kinda step by step, so you really do get it, OCA

First off, I don't remember you ever being kind to me or any other genuine veteran that has ever posted anything negative concerning this ill-advised and illegal WAR in Iraq. Notice I didn't say "WAR ON TERROR". I have never expressed any disagreement with the "WAR ON TERROR" as I understand that war or term to or should be.

Secondly, I have never admitted any problem with alcohol or hallucinogens. You are just a liar and even possibly a thief on those accusations. I do admit to favoring Busch Beer over others. I do not use hallucinogens and have NEVER used them other than a toke or two from a freshly rolled marijiana joint. I have never habitually used, lost a days work or before YOU been accused of any problem with any of that. I have never purchased or contributed to the purchase of any illicit or illegal drug. By the way, I haven't even had a toke for at least 33 years. I'm legal, dude!?!?!?!?!?!

I enjoy discussion. You and others like you do the inflammation thing and use it for all it's worth. Sorry, Charlie. This is the USMB, United States Message Board. My vote and opinion counts as much as yours. OOPS!!!!! You are a moderator here, check that.

I have never lied about anything here in USMB, and the story about my brother is absolutely true. I cried and a good many of the other posters here cried with me for him. You, Sir, are just a stinking shit as evidensed by your own admitted "convenient" imagination.

I came here honestly, I'll leave the same way. Someday.

Psychoblues