"Deadliest Catch" Captain Phil Harris Dies

Pernell Roberts of 'Bonanza' and 'Trapper John, MD' dies 81
Submitted by John on Sun, 2010-01-24 17:24. Celebrity Deaths201081CancerCelebrity DeathsEntertainmentFirstName_PLastName_R
Pernell Elvin Roberts (May 18, 1928 – January 24, 2010) was an American television actor and singer. He was best known for his roles as Ben Cartwright's eldest son, Adam Cartwright, on the western series Bonanza (a role he played from 1959 to 1965), and as chief surgeon, Dr. John MacIntyre, the title character on Trapper John, M.D. (1979-1986).

Born: Pernell Elvin Roberts Waycross, Georgia, U.S.
Died: Malibu, California, U.S.

He came to prominence playing Ben Cartwright's urbane eldest son, Adam, in the Western television series Bonanza. Despite the show’s success, he left after the sixth season in 1965 due to disagreements with the writers and a desire to return to legitimate theatre.

He was known for his activism, which included participation in the Selma to Montgomery marches in 1965, and pressuring NBC to refrain from hiring whites to portray minority characters.

Death of Pernel Roberts
Roberts died of cancer at his home in Malibu, California on January 24, 2010, aged 81

J.D. Salinger, Catcher in the Rye, dies 91
Submitted by John on Thu, 2010-01-28 11:16. Celebrity Deaths201091Celebrity DeathsFirstName_JLastName_DNatural_Causes
Jerome David "J. D." Salinger (January 1, 1919 – January 27, 2010) was an American author, best known for his 1951 novel The Catcher in the Rye, as well as his reclusive nature. His last original published work was in 1965; he gave his last interview in 1980.

Death of J.D. Salinger
Salinger died of natural causes on January 27, 2010, at his home in Cornish, New Hampshire.

Last edited:
Dumbest show on television and every episode I've watched confirms how totally overfished our oceans are. We should institute an immediate 5 year ban on all commercial fishing and strictly enforce all recreational limits.

If you want to eat it, go catch it yourself.

Have you hugged a tree today Comrade?

Phil will be missed, no doubt about that. "Deadliest Catch" has always been a program that I wouldn't miss since it's been airing. He sure hasn't looked healthy over the last 3 seasons, way too much smoking, and caffeine. Did you notice that the cameraman would always focus on his legs, they always had the jitters.
I will miss the tough guy.

Wow i use to watch that.and do remember him once getting sick on the show..it was like a pain he thought was a heart attack .

Dumbest show on television and every episode I've watched confirms how totally overfished our oceans are. We should institute an immediate 5 year ban on all commercial fishing and strictly enforce all recreational limits.

If you want to eat it, go catch it yourself.

Have you hugged a tree today Comrade?

I've been a fisherman longer than you've been a fucking retard and there's no doubt, none at all, that we've drastically reduced the stocks of everything in the oceans except for plastic and raw sewerage.

Forum List

Back