dead cyclist awarded $$$ -but it was is fault !

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..both articles say the biker swerved into the bus and/or it was an accident
..I used to bike everyday to and from work....I made sure I stayed away from vehicles
..it is extremely hard to see bikers in the dark
...bikes should not be able to use roads because of the obvious-COMMON SENSE fact that they are totally disparate--cars much bigger/faster...bikes--no safety belts/safety
Bicyclist killed in Tuesday crash was Las Vegas surgeon
Family of surgeon who was killed after being swept under a bus while cycling is awarded $18.7million | Daily Mail Online

Some bus drivers drive like maniacs though. They don't even look and think they can just pull out into traffic. Of course because they are big, most drivers will yield to them, but a lot of times they seem like an accident waiting to happen. They also have a lot of blind spots.

When I used to take the bus to school (a school bus, but still, even worse), I remember being scared to death because the driver drove like a lunatic. Lol. We would be almost falling out of our seats! Couldn't wait to get off that hellish bus ride!

When I used to take the bus to school (a school bus, but still, even worse), I remember being scared to death because the driver drove like a lunatic. Lol. We would be almost falling out of our seats! Couldn't wait to get off that hellish bus ride!
I was scared driving with my dad when he was 85...he was in great shape mentally and physically--but he drove wildly

Separate, safe bicycle lanes are necessary, it's true. Cars must be excluded by solid obstructions.

I was scared driving with my dad when he was 85...he was in great shape mentally and physically--but he drove wildly

I think after a certain age, people should probably be tested on a yearly basis to see if they can still drive. I've seen some pretty scary old people driving! :eek:

we don't have many bikers where I am
but I do sometimes see 1 during rush hour backing up traffic
very ridiculous
I could see maybe letting them on the roads if they were even only 10% of the traffic--but why screw over the whole population for 2% of the population for nonsensical reasons ??

very ridiculous
I could see maybe letting them on the roads if they were even only 10% of the traffic--but why screw over the whole population for 2% of the population for nonsensical reasons ??

I cringe whenever I see them driving with traffic as if they are in a car. That just seems super dangerous to me. I think they should have to stay on the side of the road at the very least, but I have seen at least a few who drive with traffic and stop and wait for traffic lights and use hand signals, etc. Only problem being is that they are going MUCH slower than all the other traffic and causing backups and problems at lights or intersections where drivers are "confused" by them because you know how stupid some people can be! :uhoh3: Sometimes I wonder if some people got their licenses from a cereal box or something. They are completely clueless morons.

very ridiculous

I cringe whenever I see them driving with traffic as if they are in a car. That just seems super dangerous to me. I think they should have to stay on the side of the road at the very least, but I have seen at least a few who drive with traffic and stop and wait for traffic lights and use hand signals, etc. Only problem being is that they are going MUCH slower than all the other traffic and causing backups and problems at lights or intersections where drivers are "confused" by them because you know how stupid some people can be! :uhoh3: Sometimes I wonder if some people got their licenses from a cereal box or something. They are completely clueless morons.
even if they are on the side, they sometimes get close to the road and I have to swerve over..
now that I think about !!!! ::>> I rarely see bikers--but I have seen 3 bikers down:-
-1 he got hit crossing as a car was turning--no stoplight there
-2 there was a bike mangled exactly where I crossed everyday....the biker had been taken away by the time I got there...got hit with a car obviously
-3 some idiot biker was in the left lane of a 4 lane road.....he lost control and swerved into oncoming traffic and hit the side of a car..BOOM and down....luckily there wasn't another car coming
..I got ''hit'' as I was crossing at a stoplight....I had right of way ...the guy made a right as I was going very slowly....he hit me and moved up to the side...I waited a long time and he never got out of the car!!! maybe drunk?etc?

very ridiculous

even if they are on the side, they sometimes get close to the road and I have to swerve over..
now that I think about !!!! ::>> I rarely see bikers--but I have seen 3 bikers down:-
-2 there was a bike mangled exactly where I crossed everyday....the biker had been taken away by the time I got there...got hit with a car obviously
-3 some idiot biker was in the left lane of a 4 lane road.....he lost control and swerved into oncoming traffic and hit the side of a car..BOOM and down....luckily there wasn't another car coming
..I got ''hit'' as I was crossing at a stoplight....I had right of way ...the guy made a right as I was going very slowly....he hit me and moved up to the side...I waited a long time and he never got out of the car!!! maybe drunk?etc?

I hit a car with my bike once when I was a kid. I didn't have any brakes and went careening out and hit a car and flipped over and completely warped my bike. I didn't get hurt at all, luckily. Lol. I was a maniac on my bike!

I used to ride my bike for miles and miles and used to try to get myself lost out in the boonies on purpose. Lol. Good times. :D
I was riding my sister's boyfriend's nice bike...I slipped off the pedals and hit my ''vulnerable'' spot...there was a huge brick right in front and BAM...the bike got twisted/etc......so, like an idiotic youngster I thought ''no one will notice'' hahahhaha
so I just parked it where I got it from.....of course my sister asked pointedly ''did you have an accident ?'' my reply---''aaa no'''....hahahahahahha

I used to ride my bike for miles and miles and used to try to get myself lost out in the boonies on purpose. Lol. Good times. :D
I was riding my sister's boyfriend's nice bike...I slipped off the pedals and hit my ''vulnerable'' spot...there was a huge brick right in front and BAM...the bike got twisted/etc......so, like an idiotic youngster I thought ''no one will notice'' hahahhaha
so I just parked it where I got it from.....of course my sister asked pointedly ''did you have an accident ?'' my reply---''aaa no'''....hahahahahahha

The time I hit the car, the people drove me home and offered to buy me a brand new bike, any bike I wanted, but my parents said no, that's okay. I was pissed at them for that! Lol!

I rode my bikes so much, they would get beat to hell. I would burn out the brakes in no time. :lol:

very ridiculous

I hit a car with my bike once when I was a kid. I didn't have any brakes and went careening out and hit a car and flipped over and completely warped my bike. I didn't get hurt at all, luckily. Lol. I was a maniac on my bike!
now that reminds me of flipping...I had a bulge in my tire and was going to change it when I got home.....but only after a few minutes I was going down the hill and I guess the bulge got too big--caught in the brakes and I flipped over the handlebar like spiderman--complete 360 almost--with back pack on....so I walked the bike to a housing area and left in near a dumpster ...I didn't want to walk it another mile....it was old anyway

very ridiculous

now that reminds me of flipping...I had a bulge in my tire and was going to change it when I got home.....but only after a few minutes I was going down the hill and I guess the bulge got too big--caught in the brakes and I flipped over the handlebar like spiderman--complete 360 almost--with back pack on....so I walked the bike to a housing area and left in near a dumpster ...I didn't want to walk it another mile....it was old anyway

Flipping over the handlebars? Been there. Done that. :lol:

very ridiculous

Flipping over the handlebars? Been there. Done that. :lol:
I rode my bike almost everyday to and from work 6 miles total--perfect for my age/requirements ...I never really did much maintenance on the bike.....luckily I didn't have to many problems...I bought cheap bikes

Forum List

Back