De Niro: Too soon for another 'white first lady'?

Lighten up Newt Gingrich... It was just a joke for Christ's sake. Lest we forget the real issues of the day such as high gasoline prices, the economy, Mitt Romney kicking your ass...

Robert De Niro joke: Too soon for another 'white first lady'? - CSMonitor.com

Robert De Niro joke took place at a fundraiser for President Obama with first lady Michelle Obama on Monday night. The Gingrich campaign, for one, has taken exception.

Washington

Actor Robert De Niro has just reinforced one of the truisms of a presidential campaign involving an African-American candidate: Just about any reference to race raises hackles.

Mr. De Niro hosted a fundraiser for President Obama with first lady Michelle Obama on Monday night in New York, and he kicked off his remarks with this quip: "Callista Gingrich. Karen Santorum. Ann Romney. Now do you really think our country is ready for a white first lady?"

According to the pool report, the crowd roared and someone yelled "no!" as De Niro asked, "Too soon, right?"

Newt Gingrich didn’t appreciate the irony. The presidential contender and former House speaker called the comment “inexcusable” and demanded an apology from Mr. Obama, according to the Associated Press.

"I think that Robert De Niro's wrong," Mr. Gingrich said at a campaign stop in Shreveport, La., the AP reported. "The country is ready for a new first lady, and he doesn't have to describe it in racial terms."

Tuesday afternoon, a senior Gingrich adviser – African-American, female – also jumped in, arguing that if a conservative had made such a comment, the media would have objected...

Gingrich is now and always has been a complete fucking cry baby. this man got his start being a back benching asshole

Good one.....he gets killed.

I was thinking more along the line of let's say Harry Reid....He gets to say whatever he wants about blacks.

unlike Southern conservative whites who want to be able to say what they want about blacks too...******, boy...[/QUOTE]
you missed the point, dick-face.

He gets away with saying racist shit, it's not wht I want to say, but it's what he wants to say.....liberals are sometimes afforded this right....take youi for example.

Forum List

Back