"Day Without Immigrants" was yesterday?

I had heard about it, but didn't notice a single difference. My local dinner spot (owned by a legal inmigrant) was open last night. Maybe I'm just fortunate enough not to have that many immigrants in my sphere of influence on a daily basis.

Lol, so was it illegal immigrants or just immigrants?
If it was just immigrants, I don't understand
"The purpose of the protest is to show just how disruptive immigration changes by the government could impact consumers' everyday life," Darren Tristano, president of Technomic, told CNBC. "For McDonald's franchisees and company stores, it is likely best to close the restaurant versus trying to manage the restaurant with an inadequate service staff. Although many customers will see this is an inconvenience, many will understand."

Trump's administration is considering cutting back on the number of immigrants it will accept, regardless of country of origin. Maybe it will be in his new executive order next week.

Day without immigrants? Who knew? :dunno:

It didn't affect my life in any way, shape, or form whatsoever.

Immigrant workers plan strike Thursday as part of ‘Day Without Immigrants’ protest

Perhaps next time, Marion Morrison, PROLIFE organizers
should follow up with a "Day Without Children" to protest abortion.

But of course, counter-protestors would demand a day without Trump tweeting like a 5 year old.

While others would take advantage by swarming Wal-Marts
and movie theatres they quit going to!

I think you gotta eat out to notice. A lot of restaurant workers stayed home, but not around here, either.

I ate out, had an Empanada for breakfast. No changes whatsoever from the daily. :banana:
I'm jealous as hell that you can get an empanada for breakfast, wherever you are.
taco bell
DOUBLE jealous.
you don't have taco bells?
60 miles from here.

"The purpose of the protest is to show just how disruptive immigration changes by the government could impact consumers' everyday life," Darren Tristano, president of Technomic, told CNBC. "For McDonald's franchisees and company stores, it is likely best to close the restaurant versus trying to manage the restaurant with an inadequate service staff. Although many customers will see this is an inconvenience, many will understand."

Trump's administration is considering cutting back on the number of immigrants it will accept, regardless of country of origin. Maybe it will be in his new executive order next week.
awesome

I ate out, had an Empanada for breakfast. No changes whatsoever from the daily. :banana:
I'm jealous as hell that you can get an empanada for breakfast, wherever you are.
taco bell
DOUBLE jealous.
60 miles from here.
bless your heart!
I am wanting to try those new tacos with the chicken for the shell! lol maybe tomorrow

awesome

Yeah, the next EO is going to be bulletproof. No more of this 9th Circus stuff.

Well they failed BIGLY!

#22 & 23: Size matters, it's the micropolitics of small demonstrations that are most relevant: raggedy-ass pilgrims at Plymouth Rock. Shortest verse in the Indigene Bible: 'Joe-Pye wept.' Does Nicotine Breath even have a clue about the importance of tobacco in Alzheimer's?

A bunch of it was immigrants, legal immigrants with proper paperwork. Why would they be demonstrating for someone who jumped a fence or came in in the middle of the night via a tunnel? Or swim the rio grande? Why defend these criminals? They broke a law, they are illegal. I don't care if they come here illegally and cure AIDS, they're here illegally and should be deported. A second time is prison time in a hard awful disgusting prison. 5 years first offense, 25 second offense. Have them sleep on the floor and eat just enough to maintain life. After all that's how Mexico treats people they catch sneaking in their country. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

5 years of that should discourage them from coming in illegally.

I ate at a Polish Restaurant here in Orlando. Owned by immigrants operated by thoseimmigrants and their first generation American family.

Business as usual.

As always, the media hyped what was a whole lot of nothing.

taco bell
DOUBLE jealous.
60 miles from here.
bless your heart!
I am wanting to try those new tacos with the chicken for the shell! lol maybe tomorrow
Bugger. Rub it in! During the warm months, we have two authentic Mexican take out joints run by families from Mexico. They make their own tortillas and everything. I have to admit that I like American hard shell tacos -- taco bell will definitely do; I like their hot sauce -- better than the "real thing." Crunchy taco shells don't exist in Mexico so our Mexican places don't make them. Their nachos are a laugh too--another thing they don't really have a concept for. All their other authentic stuff is AWESOME.

Yes Platinum, Wisconsin is now answering your inquiry about welfare by demanding something much more dangerous: free tuition. What happens when the destruction of islamochristian capitalo-infantilism, via education, confronts the dogmatic slumber of chronic Marshmallow-Man welfare?

Well they failed BIGLY!
Yes, dear. We get your point. Probably too many immigrants have a strong work ethic, or make so little they couldn't afford to take the day off.
But why are you so down on immigrants?

Well they failed BIGLY!
Yes, dear. We get your point. Probably too many immigrants have a strong work ethic, or make so little they couldn't afford to take the day off.
But why are you so down on immigrants?

I'm not at all. I'm saying that American immigrants were not on board with this movement, at all. :banana:

Forum List

Back