Dan Bongino: Why Republicans didn't do as well as expected

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Dan Bongino hit the nail on the head this Saturday evening. He said the reason Republicans didn't do so well is because things are simply not bad enough. He's absolutely correct. Think of it this way: You have a job, there are others out there if you decide to get different one, inflation is taking a toll but all in all, life isn't that bad.

In spite of inflation, lending rates, open borders, rising crime in big cities, record fentanyl deaths, as long as it's not playing a major role in your life, why come out just to vote Republican?

I've always said politics is like an addiction problem. Some people don't seek help until they hit rock bottom. I agree with Dan that we just haven't hit rock bottom yet. That won't take place until the jobs start drying up and there is no place to work. What sprung Democrats towards the top are younger voters under the age of 30. With the promise of government goodies like college loan relief, the likelihood they didn't have enough in their IRA accounts to take a major loss, they voted Democrat by almost twice the rate they voted Republican.

It's crappy video (looks like it was taken from home) but if you care to listen to the monologue, go to time stamp 10:00.

Dan Bongino hit the nail on the head this Saturday evening. He said the reason Republicans didn't do so well is because things are simply not bad enough. He's absolutely correct. Think of it this way: You have a job, there are others out there if you decide to get different one, inflation is taking a toll but all in all, life isn't that bad.

In spite of inflation, lending rates, open borders, rising crime in big cities, record fentanyl deaths, as long as it's not playing a major role in your life, why come out just to vote Republican?

I've always said politics is like an addiction problem. Some people don't seek help until they hit rock bottom. I agree with Dan that we just haven't hit rock bottom yet. That won't take place until the jobs start drying up and there is no place to work. What sprung Democrats towards the top are younger voters under the age of 30. With the promise of government goodies like college loan relief, the likelihood they didn't have enough in their IRA accounts to take a major loss, they voted Democrat by almost twice the rate they voted Republican.

It's crappy video (looks like it was taken from home) but if you care to listen to the monologue, go to time stamp 10:00.

BS, the only reason the Dems won was massive fraud.
Everything else is just distraction from the real problem that will destroy the country.

I guarantee outside of prog infested areas the youngsters weren't voting for more inflation, less freedom & groomer rights

BS, the only reason the Dems won was massive fraud.
Everything else is just distraction from the real problem that will destroy the country.

I guarantee outside of prog infested areas the youngsters weren't voting for more inflation, less freedom & groomer rights
Show us how this fraud occurred and where exactly along with footage of the act in progress.

So Bongino admits the gloom and doom right wingers have been spouting was just bullshit. I suspect he is too dumb to recognize that is what he said, but that doesn't change anything.

Dan is too young to know how bad it was in 1980 and 1981 when unemployment was 10% and the prime lending rate was 20%.
Your right. Unless you lived, supporting a family, you just don't frigging know. Hell, I bought my first house, just hoping my luck didn't run out. Went through a plant closing, with lousy employment market and went military, to make it through.

Your right. Unless you lived, supporting a family, you just don't frigging know. Hell, I bought my first house, just hoping my luck didn't run out. Went through a plant closing, with lousy employment market and went military, to make it through.
I ended up in the army in 1982 it was tough.

What Dan also doesn't get is Trump's candidates were poison pills he thought would garner him leverage. He thought he could manipulate a system that involves too many factors and variances to make a solid calculation. Trump was yet again defeated and I hope he gets sent packing to the big house for his actions over the past years.

Put forth shitty candidates. Get shitty results. Pretty simple.

Forum List

Back