Damned if you do, damned if you don't

There are lots of things in this world that I have a hard time understanding, but I have to admit that this really baffeles me. Israel insists that it be called a Jewish State, and yet when Sen. Hagel comes out and sayes " the Jewish Lobby " when talking about groups that support Israel, all of a sudden there are all sorts of Jewish people and pro Jewish people who are accusing him of being an anti-Semite. Seems as if the Jewish People want their cake and want to eat it also, can someone please explain this to me. Are the Jewish people so special that they get to change the flavor of a word repeatly in order to suit their every whim.

“When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking anti-Semitism!”
—Martin Luther King, Jr.

King’s words were first reported by Seymour Martin Lipset, at that time the George D. Markham Professor of Government and Sociology at Harvard, in an article he published in the magazine Encounter in December 1969—that is, in the year following King’s assassination. Lipset:

Shortly before he was assassinated, Martin Luther King, Jr. was in Boston on a fund-raising mission, and I had the good fortune to attend a dinner which was given for him in Cambridge. This was an experience which was at once fascinating and moving: one witnessed Dr. King in action in a way one never got to see in public. He wanted to find what the Negro students at Harvard and other parts of the Boston area were thinking about various issues, and he very subtly cross-examined them for well over an hour and a half. He asked questions, and said very little himself. One of the young men present happened to make some remark against the Zionists. Dr. King snapped at him and said, “Don’t talk like that! When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking anti-Semitism!”

even your boyos at CAMERA debunk this fabrication that you persist in making.

Philsy, what makes you imagine that the Pals are going to be any more willing to 'share' Jerusalem with the Israelis than their Jordanian brethren were in '49 when they conducted ethnic cleansing of Jewish neighborhoods in East Jerusalem?

Were it not for that well-documented war crime/violation of human rights, your idea might seem reasonable. But as along as group like HAMAS and PFLP keep insisting that ANY land Israel exists on is 'occupied Palestine' - its not the Israelis who are posing a block to that 'two-state' solution.

East Jerusalem is occupied land and should be Palestinian land, but, back to Israel, of course they try to block the two state solution over and over by claiming for representatives to negotiate, they even opposed the US's plan to peace. The same one Bush had. Their elections and popularity rely on denying a Palestinian state.

Alan Elsner: Israel's Election (and Settlements) Are Killing the Two-State Solution

Israel's upcoming Jan. 22 parliamentary election had been expected to be a status quo affair leading to an easy victory for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Instead, it's turned into a race to the extreme right that is threatening to kill the two-state solution. And Washington seems oblivious.

The latest polls still show Netanyahu emerging as the next prime minister, but in a weakened position atop a coalition filled with politicians adamantly opposed to the creation of a Palestinian state. This new configuration will narrow Netanyahu's freedom of action and ability to engage in meaningful negotiations with the Palestinians.

Yes.

Antisemite used to include other Semitic people besides Jews.

You've got that backwards.

Ze anal retentive Large Marg(e) flies in in her prissy pissey broom handle to give advice...It must be hell to be so tight!
So, el Douche, tell us, when exactly did anti Semite mean anything other than this?

Anti Semite | Define Anti Semite at Dictionary.com

Anti Semite
Noun

an·ti-Sem·ite [an-tee-sem-ahyt, an-tahy- or, esp. British, -see-mahyt]

A person who is discriminates against or is prejudiced or hostile toward Jews.

Origin: 1880-85

Last edited:
There are lots of things in this world that I have a hard time understanding, but I have to admit that this really baffeles me. Israel insists that it be called a Jewish State, and yet when Sen. Hagel comes out and sayes " the Jewish Lobby " when talking about groups that support Israel, all of a sudden there are all sorts of Jewish people and pro Jewish people who are accusing him of being an anti-Semite. Seems as if the Jewish People want their cake and want to eat it also, can someone please explain this to me. Are the Jewish people so special that they get to change the flavor of a word repeatly in order to suit their every whim.

—Martin Luther King, Jr.

King’s words were first reported by Seymour Martin Lipset, at that time the George D. Markham Professor of Government and Sociology at Harvard, in an article he published in the magazine Encounter in December 1969—that is, in the year following King’s assassination. Lipset:

Shortly before he was assassinated, Martin Luther King, Jr. was in Boston on a fund-raising mission, and I had the good fortune to attend a dinner which was given for him in Cambridge. This was an experience which was at once fascinating and moving: one witnessed Dr. King in action in a way one never got to see in public. He wanted to find what the Negro students at Harvard and other parts of the Boston area were thinking about various issues, and he very subtly cross-examined them for well over an hour and a half. He asked questions, and said very little himself. One of the young men present happened to make some remark against the Zionists. Dr. King snapped at him and said, “Don’t talk like that! When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking anti-Semitism!”

Nope, there is no dispute in the validity of this quote. You're confusing it with "the letter to a Zionist friend". And that one hasn't been been "debunked" either. Not being able to validate something doesn't automatically debunk something. Nice try no cigar.

Last edited:

Methinks you are obsessed with Joooos, Princess, just like most Nazi types. :D

Patrick, double talk has been brought up to an art form by the right wing ZioNuts on these boards...When they call you an anti-Semite let it roll off your back because that means they are at a loss in responding...Even the double talk can't help them twist the truth.

The Nazi types here must defend one-another. :D

—Martin Luther King, Jr.

As usual Roudy your post has nothing to do with the OP if you wish to engage in discussion please adress the points raised therein.
Also I would be a little more circumspect in your use of Lipset as a reliable source because in one of his supposed historical documents ( turned out to be pure fiction ) " Letter to an anti-zionist friend " was a complete fabrication of supposed quotes from MLK.

No one is required to nor should feel compelled to engage the Nazi types among us with civil discussion. :D

Lobby = State?

Get a clue.

PattyCatty prefers to wallow in his ignorance and hate. :D

—Martin Luther King, Jr.

What a coincidence! Both Seal and PattyCatty disappear together and then reappear weeks later ... together! :D

patrickcaturday, et al,

An aid read the book, the book is a published - matter of record.

patrickcaturday, et al,

Actually, if you read the source I attached, you will note that "The quotation attributed to Hagel appeared in Aaron David Miller's 2008 book The Too Much Promised Land." and is republished in several MSM outlets. It is not an "unnamed" source.

(COMMENT)

I did not say that Senator Hagel said anything anti-Semitic. In fact, I said that many Americans have expressed a similar concern that the Israelis have about the Jewish Lobby (Selected Impression: Israel lobby in the United States Israel lobby in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), including the members of the Lobby itself.

Lobby Examples:
  • American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
  • American Jewish Congress (AJC)
  • Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
  • Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA)
  • Zionist Organization Of America (ZOA)
I fail to see --- that what I said is offensive in any way in any way to either the various lobby members or Senator Hagel. It is the lobby's stated objective. In fact, if you look at the Wiki link, it jumps out at you.

BTW: I generally give a source or a reference for people to digest and analyze. I try not to use questionable tactics. If I'm wrong, I will admit it an apologize, but in this case, I don't think so.

Most Respectfully,
R

So you are saying that the source of the Quote was Aron David Miller. Can you tell me when he was a Senate Aide and which Senator he worked for.
(INFO)

It is what it is.

Google said:
Aaron David Miller is an American Middle East analyst, author, and negotiator. He is on the U.S. Advisory Council of Israel Policy Forum, is Public Policy Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center, and has been an advisor to six Secretaries of State.

Reference: Aaron David Miller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the beaf?
  • Are you implying through this subterfuge, that Senator Hagel did not say this?
  • Are you implying that the News Reporter lied? Or that Miller lied in his book?
  • Are you saying, because the reported protected the name of the Congressional Aid, that the story is false?
  • Are you implying that I, somehow, am altering the news story?
Quit beating around the bush and tell me what you are saying. I can only respond clearly to a question I understand.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
—Martin Luther King, Jr.

What a coincidence! Both Seal and PattyCatty disappear together and then reappear weeks later ... together! :D
What a coincidence, after my posting the true quote by Martin Luther King Jr. about anti Zionist being the same as anti Semetism (originally challenged though) Patrick has removed his Martin Luther King sig line and is now using a Ghandi one. Seems like he did some research on his own and verified the validity of that quote.

Will these Jew haters ever get tired of having egg on their face? Ha ha.

Netanyahu wants Israel to be recognized as a Jewish state, since the PA wants to swamp her with Palestinian "refugees", thereby destroying her Jewish character. However, within the United States, it's not only Jews that support Israel but many Evangelical and other Christians as well. "Jewish lobby" gives the connotation that American Jews have a dual loyalty. "Pro-Israel lobby" is a more correct term. Furthermore, "Jewish lobby" might mean lobbyists petitioning Washington for Sabbath-observance or Kosher laws, which is not the case.

i am still able to say "sinn fein is not the IRA" with a straight face.

it is the fookin' jewish lobby. nobody is fooled.

lol...don't try to tell us what it means or connotes.

how about pro-jewish state lobby. that is more accurate, huh?

—Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nope, there is no dispute in the validity of this quote. You're confusing it with "the letter to a Zionist friend". And that one hasn't been been "debunked" either. Not being able to validate something doesn't automatically debunk something. Nice try no cigar.

the quote has been thoroughly debunked and the only people who use it anymore are ews and zionists. somehow though, it doesn't surprise me to see jews continue to tread upon black folk's culture to achieve their own ends, in this case using the memory of one of their most revered icons as a piece of chattel whose only contribution is to suit their needs.

the quote has been thoroughly debunked and the only people who use it anymore are ews and zionists. somehow though, it doesn't surprise me to see jews continue to tread upon black folk's culture to achieve their own ends, in this case using the memory of one of their most revered icons as a piece of chattel whose only contribution is to suit their needs.
Double nope. The "Letter to a Zionist Friend" has been disputed, but not debunked. But the quote "anti Zionism is the same as anti Semitism" is as good as gold. And historians have asserted that the letter is not far from Dr. Kings actual views. I understand this might hurt a little, since you keep quoting Dr. King.

"When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews, You are talking anti-Semitism!
In a discussion at the home of Marty Peretz in Cambridge, Massachusetts (27 October 1967), as quoted in The Socialism of Fools : The Left, the Jews and Israel by Seymour Martin Lipset in Encounter magazine (December 1969), p. 24; in the anecdotal recounting of the incident Lipset writes:
One of the young men present happened to make some remark against the Zionists. Dr. King snapped at him and said, "Don't talk like that! When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You're talking anti-Semitism!"

Further corroboration of Lipset's account of such remarks by King has been made in research done by Martin Kramer posted in "In the words of Martin Luther King…" in his Sandbox (12 March 2012). In this he states that he wrote to Marty Peretz "to ask whether the much-quoted exchange did take place at his Cambridge home on that evening almost 45 years ago. His answer: 'Absolutely'.""

Martin Luther King, Jr. - Wikiquote

—Martin Luther King, Jr.

Once again all you have to do is read the words of Roudy to see that he is in way over his head. He is not even aware that the correct title of the letter is " A letter to an Anti - Zionist friend. " If his research is so poor that he cannot ever get that right ???

1 ) Lipset's letter where he supposedly quotes MLK has been debunked in that the source that Lipset uses for reference does not even exist. Numerous Scholars have looked for it and they are unable to find it even generously allowing for a mistake in the date of the magazine where it was suppose to be. If the sourcing material is wrong than he has at least lied about that and it calls into question all of his works.
2 ) The supposed quote of MLK's “Don’t talk like that! When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking anti-Semitism!” also has some serious flaws in it. There is no reliable evidence that MLK was even in the area when this quote was supposedly made. One person has him in Cambridge at a dinner and another person has him in a classroom at Harvard. The story is flawed in that the details provided are inconsistent and thus the quote cannot be validated.

Seems as if Jews are so desperate to enlist the help of MLK that they are willing to manipulate and even fabricate his words.

CAMERA: Hoax: Martin Luther King's "Letter to an anti-Zionist Friend"

—Martin Luther King, Jr.

That's right Sayit try to deflect from dealing with the real issues of the OP it is what you do best !!! Although I have to addmit that in this one you are way off base., you must be tired. This is the first time I have heard an absence of 3 days called weeks later. Now go back get your act togeather and try again.

Once again all you have to do is read the words of Roudy to see that he is in way over his head. He is not even aware that the correct title of the letter is " A letter to an Anti - Zionist friend. " If his research is so poor that he cannot ever get that right ???

1 ) Lipset's letter where he supposedly quotes MLK has been debunked in that the source that Lipset uses for reference does not even exist. Numerous Scholars have looked for it and they are unable to find it even generously allowing for a mistake in the date of the magazine where it was suppose to be. If the sourcing material is wrong than he has at least lied about that and it calls into question all of his works.
2 ) The supposed quote of MLK's “Don’t talk like that! When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking anti-Semitism!” also has some serious flaws in it. There is no reliable evidence that MLK was even in the area when this quote was supposedly made. One person has him in Cambridge at a dinner and another person has him in a classroom at Harvard. The story is flawed in that the details provided are inconsistent and thus the quote cannot be validated.

Seems as if Jews are so desperate to enlist the help of MLK that they are willing to manipulate and even fabricate his words.

CAMERA: Hoax: Martin Luther King's "Letter to an anti-Zionist Friend"
That's not where the quote is from, retard. Was third grade the three hardest years of your life?

As usual Roudy your post has nothing to do with the OP if you wish to engage in discussion please adress the points raised therein.
Also I would be a little more circumspect in your use of Lipset as a reliable source because in one of his supposed historical documents ( turned out to be pure fiction ) " Letter to an anti-zionist friend " was a complete fabrication of supposed quotes from MLK.

No one is required to nor should feel compelled to engage the Nazi types among us with civil discussion. :D

One of the things that I learned from my Catholic Education was that when you enter into a discussion or debate civility should be maintained at all times. This seems to be a lesson that the Zionist posters were never exposed to !!!-

One of the things that I learned from my Catholic Education was that when you enter into a discussion or debate civility should be maintained at all times. This seems to be a lesson that the Zionist posters were never exposed to !!!-
Have you considered asking for your money back?

" Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity " quoted Patrick, one of the most sincerely ignorant stupid people on this planet.

Last edited:

What a coincidence, after my posting the true quote by Martin Luther King Jr. about anti Zionist being the same as anti Semetism (originally challenged though) Patrick has removed his Martin Luther King sig line and is now using a Ghandi one. Seems like he did some research on his own and verified the validity of that quote.

Will these Jew haters ever get tired of having egg on their face? Ha ha.

Talk about having egg on your face LOLOLOL. You don't have to answer this question unless you want to, but you and Sayit have the same drug dealer don't you. Sayit says I was gone for weeks but it was only 3 days and you say that I changed my sig line ( please provide post # and thread ). Both of these thing are drug induced flights of imagination
LOLOLOLOLOL

Forum List

Back