Damn the Shutdown Just Effected Me Directly

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I do real estate closings as a side gig (as mostly seller's attorney). I have a property closing toward the end of the month. Seller has a $50K+ tax lien on the property, but the cash left over is MORE than enough to cover the cost. However, the section of the IRS is shut down. There is no way to get a release and hence no way to close. Damn that's $2K i won't be seeing for a while!

Shit happens. I won't get my welfare check! Who'll pay for my Cadillac? My big screen TV?
Guess someone else is gonna have to buy rounds at the bar. Shit! They've canceled my Craps game!!

Shit happens. I won't get my welfare check! Who'll pay for my Cadillac? My big screen TV?
Guess someone else is gonna have to buy rounds at the bar. Shit! They've canceled my Craps game!!

Welfare checks are still coming out.

What's a "welfare check?" Honestly, because I don't know anything about these legendary checks going out to people from the government to alleviate poverty.

I do real estate closings as a side gig (as mostly seller's attorney). I have a property closing toward the end of the month. Seller has a $50K+ tax lien on the property, but the cash left over is MORE than enough to cover the cost. However, the section of the IRS is shut down. There is no way to get a release and hence no way to close. Damn that's $2K i won't be seeing for a while!

A great many people are experiencing this problem. Also, VA loans, FHA loans, etc. are all shut down. A whole lot of sales have halted.

All the more reason for the government to be involved in Less Stuff so that the Petulant Parasitical Plutocrats cannot hold us hostage and prevent us from getting on with our Private Business.

Those will still go out!

Shit happens and I prefer the GOP taking a stand even if I am out of a payday. Well like I said it's a side gig. I still have another 2 closings coming and I have my day job!

Those will still go out!

Shit happens and I prefer the GOP taking a stand even if I am out of a payday. Well like I said it's a side gig. I still have another 2 closings coming and I have my day job!

It's a combination take on three old Jerry Reed songs........ Jeeze, kids these days........... :eusa_whistle:

It affected you, it won't effect you unless you turn into a mouse.

Grammar Girl : Affect Versus Effect :: Quick and Dirty Tips ?

Welfare checks are still coming out.

What's a "welfare check?" Honestly, because I don't know anything about these legendary checks going out to people from the government to alleviate poverty.

Welfare trap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back