Dallas Mavericks consider drafting female basketball player

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
So why can't men play basketball in the WNBA and golf on the LPGA tour?
The NBA's first female player?

09:30, Thu Apr 4 2013

It may have been a throwaway line from Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, but debate is raging over whether a woman could ever be drafted into the NBA and if Brittney Griner could well be the first.

The 203cm (6' 8") tall Baylor University graduate was the leader in blocked shots in her final year and the second-leading scorer in women's college basketball history.

Cuban said he would take Griner in the 2013 NBA draft if she is the best player available.

• Banned
Good for a laugh anyway. It makes sense if a team is desperate for publicity.

Yes - she would draw the fans and nothing wrong with that. Like a few years back when golfer michelle wie tried to play the PGA tour. She was the media star of every tournament even though she was the worst golfer there.

So why can't men play basketball in the WNBA and golf on the LPGA tour?
The NBA's first female player?

09:30, Thu Apr 4 2013

It may have been a throwaway line from Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, but debate is raging over whether a woman could ever be drafted into the NBA and if Brittney Griner could well be the first.

The 203cm (6' 8") tall Baylor University graduate was the leader in blocked shots in her final year and the second-leading scorer in women's college basketball history.

Cuban said he would take Griner in the 2013 NBA draft if she is the best player available.

Will she ever be the best player available?

Publicity stunt by Cuban. Griner is not physical enough for the NBA

But she will save the WNBA

I haven't seen her play, so I will reserve judgement. I do know that the NBA plays a completely different game than the WNBA.

I haven't seen her play either but i'm not gonna wimp out and reserve judgement. She does not belong and if they let her in, it's more affirmative action.

I haven't seen her play, so I will reserve judgement. I do know that the NBA plays a completely different game than the WNBA.

I haven't seen her play either but i'm not gonna wimp out and reserve judgement. She does not belong and if they let her in, it's more affirmative action.

If she was good enough she'd be snatched up in a second. Nothing to do with AA. If she's not good enough she'll be passed up just like Tebow; and it will have nothing to do with prejudice or sexism or anything just like Tebow.

[

If she was good enough she'd be snatched up in a second. Nothing to do with AA. If she's not good enough she'll be passed up just like Tebow; and it will have nothing to do with prejudice or sexism or anything just like Tebow.

HAHAHA. In america, if you're black, hispanic, or female then EVERYTHING is about affirmative action. All this tramp has to do is say the NBA won't take he because she's female and they'll be forced to take her.

OTOH, Tebow got slammed cuz he's white and conservative.

[

HAHAHA. In america, if you're black, hispanic, or female then EVERYTHING is about affirmative action. All this tramp has to do is say the NBA won't take he because she's female and they'll be forced to take her.

Lol I knew you'd be the type to be irked by Tebow. Defiant against all logic. Yea let's see how AA get's her into the NBA :cuckoo:

[

You are in the front running for the dumbest piece of shit on this board, hands down.

I have seen her play and she is an excellent woman's basketball player, that being said, she would get eaten alive by most division II male players. Cuban want to throw away a pick to sell a few tickets, go for it.

You are in the front running for the dumbest piece of shit on this board, hands down.

HAHAHA. Looks like i ruined your day again. BTW - your use of personal attacks proves that you know i'm right. HAHA

Forum List

Back