Dallas just got robbed of a possible playoff victory

Its called Karma, yes it was a bad call, but last weeks call then non-call comes back to haunt them.

The ref should have been strung up by his thumbs for this crappy call.

He was stretching out, trying to get the football into the end zone, and he did. And..........I personally think it should have been ruled a TD, because the defender didn't touch him as he rolled into the end zone.

Sorry Cowgirls :sad:

romo-sad.jpg

:rofl:

He was stretching out, trying to get the football into the end zone, and he did. And..........I personally think it should have been ruled a TD, because the defender didn't touch him as he rolled into the end zone.

I'm wondering what play you were watching.

Should have been first & goal from the one. Instead a flag is thrown & after review the call is that it was an incomplete pass.

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

He caught the ball. Took 3 steps. Stretched out the ball at the goal line. It bumbled around a bit after he hit the ground. He then regained control inside the endzone.

I have no problem with calling him down at the one but an incomplete pass? Utter bs. He took 3 steps AFTER catching the ball and the ground can not cause a fumble.

Officiating in the NFL has gone to shit.
You win by the botched call (last week), you lose by the close call this week. I guess some refs aren't getting invited on the Cowboys Party Bus any more.

Should have been first & goal from the one. Instead a flag is thrown & after review the call is that it was an incomplete pass.

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

He caught the ball. Took 3 steps. Stretched out the ball at the goal line. It bumbled around a bit after he hit the ground. He then regained control inside the endzone.

I have no problem with calling him down at the one but an incomplete pass? Utter bs. He took 3 steps AFTER catching the ball and the ground can not cause a fumble.

Agree and I was rooting for Green Bay.But he took TWO long strides with ball and then nosedived to the ground.

Whatever happened to the ground can't cause a fumble?
It wasn't called a fumble, you know.

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

You know that the rule says he has to keep control of the ball thruout contact to the ground, right? Did he do so?

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

Sorry, Gramps – wrong as usual, it was an incomplete pass.

I'm wondering what play you were watching.

No kidding, it was a good call, he didn't control the ball all the way down. It's over cry a river but Dallas goes home. Green Bay flys to Seattle.

Ohio St takes on Oregon tomorrow night.

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

Agree and I was rooting for Green Bay.But he took TWO long strides with ball and then nosedived to the ground.

Which was the entire point of the thread.

The Ravens lost.
Dullass Cowgirls lose in a fitting manner.
Now if only Jughead and company can beat the Clots my playoff wish's will be complete.

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

Which was the entire point of the thread.

Lolwat?

The Ravens lost.
Dullass Cowgirls lose in a fitting manner.
Now if only Jughead and company can beat the Clots my playoff wish's will be complete.

Im with you, man. For some reason I fear the Colts in this game.

I think it was a good enforcement of a shitty rule. The steps Dez took were stumbles and included in his going to the ground as part of catching the ball. He very clearly did not maintain control after hitting the ground, and as was stated on TV, the ground cannot cause a fumble but it can cause an incompletion.

I remember pretty clearly the Calvin Johnson TD catch that seemed to be the start of all this, where he actually rolled completely over before losing control when he put his hand, with the ball in it, onto the ground and it was called an incomplete pass.

When I have watched the play again, Dez seems to pretty clearly be going to the ground rather than making the ever-so-vague 'football move' with his steps.

As has already been said, this didn't lose them the game. There's no guarantee they score, as Dez absolutely did not get a TD even if it was a catch. Even if they score, unless they go for and get a 2 point conversion, Green Bay would only need a FG to win. Even if they score and get the 2 points, there's no way to know if GB would tie the game and send it to OT or just go down and score a TD to win. There was quite a bit of time left.

In the Detroit game last week, the call didn't lose it for Detroit, either. Not only were there multiple penalties on the play (look at Pettigrew grabbing the defender's face mask), that occurred with over 8 minutes remaining I think, in a game where Detroit could barely score the entire second half.

Even if both calls were bad, they were not plays at the very end of a game that decided it. And in this case, at least, I think it was a good call.

Forum List

Back