Dallas just got robbed of a possible playoff victory

How many of the crybabies with today's call stood up and admitted that the Cowboys/The officials hosed Detroit in their previous game?
I didn't see last week's game & know nothing of the call.

I am not a Dallas fan BUT I find the irrational hatred of the team on display in this thread even more ridiculous than today's call.

Even though until recently a family member worked for about 9 years in the front office for the Dallas Cowboys, I too have never been a fan of the Cowboys - I'm usually pretty happy when the Patriots and 49ers win but really-really happy when my homies the Seattle Seahawks win but-----but even if that call had gone against the Seahawks I would've agreed with Joe Buck's analysis: “Common sense tells you that was a catch but by the letter of the letter of the law and the rule book he didn’t control it going to the ground.”
Rules is rules, regardless how ugly/ridiculous - the letter of the rule was followed.

Bring on the Pack. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers will be at the top of his game - the win is always sweeter when the other team plays the best they can be.
it was so obvious it was not a catch from the replays.lol anyone who thinks otherwise like the OP is in denial.lol He clearly did not have control of it as was evidenced when it hit the ground briefly.the OP sure doesnt understand the rules of football.:rolleyes-41:

this never should have even been debated at all. i been hearing from nutcases in ESPN and others say its a bad rule.bullshit to that.This is the pros.if the ball touches the ground and he is not in control of it as he wasnt,then it should NEVER be called a catch.It was the right call.thats the rules of football.this should never have even been considered open for debate.period.

Yes, that is the way the NFL rules go....but that is a fairly recent rule. Not too long ago that would have been a clear catch and down at the 1 (since the ground cannot cause a fumble). He had possession with two feet down in bounds. That was, for a long time, the standard for a catch in the NFL.

It absolutely was not a catch by current NFL rules. I, however, agree that the rule is pretty vague and foolish. That should be a catch by the rules.

Should have been first & goal from the one. Instead a flag is thrown & after review the call is that it was an incomplete pass.

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

He caught the ball. Took 3 steps. Stretched out the ball at the goal line. It bumbled around a bit after he hit the ground. He then regained control inside the endzone.

I have no problem with calling him down at the one but an incomplete pass? Utter bs. He took 3 steps AFTER catching the ball and the ground can not cause a fumble.

Officiating in the NFL has gone to shit.
You win by the botched call (last week), you lose by the close call this week. I guess some refs aren't getting invited on the Cowboys Party Bus any more.

I presume the "Cowboy Party Bus" reference is about the NFL referee that compromised himself by getting caught partying on Jerry Jones party bus?

Given Jerry Jones well known politics and now-----now learning that NFL referees are getting freebies/goodies and who knows what, from Jerry Jones, combined with Jerry Bergman's loudmouth politics...

I wouldn't normally bring politics into a discussion about sports and-----and I don't know if politics played a role in the blown non-call in the Detroit v. Dallas game or not but-----but after reading the article below, I wonder if the loudmouth referee Jerry Bergman's judgment may have been clouded by his oft stated hatred for lefty's and lefty causes?

Without Jerry Bergman's alpha behavior in the Detroit v. Dallas playoff game, Detroit-----Detroit, not Dallas goes to Green Bay... and-----and so it goes.

'I prefer not to think before speaking': NFL official blamed for blown call during playoff game

Jan 5th 2015

By RYAN GORMAN

The NFL official widely credited with helping to overturn what many feel was an obvious pass interference call during a Sunday playoff game has quite the range of political beliefs.

Jerry Bergman, a line judge, convinced a veteran referee that there was only limited contact in a controversial play during the Detroit Lions – Dallas Cowboys game. He also spends quite a bit of time talking up his incendiary politics.

The hardline conservative
compares Hillary Clinton running for president to Deanna Favre, wife of legendary quarterback Brett Favre, being an NFL passer.

He also jokes about a tax return being rejected because he listed millions of illegal immigrants and hordes on welfare as dependents.

Friends, a receptive audience, mostly laugh at the provocative comments, first unearthed by the website Uproxx and subsequently viewed by AOL News.

Conservative political views hardly impact one's ability to be an effective NFL referee but the avid Pittsburgh Pirates fan has left them public for all to view, including a curious post claiming he prefers "not to think before speaking."

But Bergman was accused by a former NFL referee of intimidating the other officials into taking his side in the call. A similar aggressive, angry tone is evident throughout his Facebook page.

Game footage showed clear contact between Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens and Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew before the ball arrived, an obvious penalty.

Obvious enough, in fact, for multiple other officials to toss their flags and call pass interference.

Blatant enough for head referee Pete Morelli to announce to the entire stadium, and television audience, that pass interference was called and that the Lions were awarded first down.

The officials then picked up their flags and reversed the penalty at Bergman's insistence.

<snip>

Should have been first & goal from the one. Instead a flag is thrown & after review the call is that it was an incomplete pass.

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

He caught the ball. Took 3 steps. Stretched out the ball at the goal line. It bumbled around a bit after he hit the ground. He then regained control inside the endzone.

I have no problem with calling him down at the one but an incomplete pass? Utter bs. He took 3 steps AFTER catching the ball and the ground can not cause a fumble.

You win by the botched call (last week), you lose by the close call this week. I guess some refs aren't getting invited on the Cowboys Party Bus any more.

I presume the "Cowboy Party Bus" reference is about the NFL referee that compromised himself by getting caught partying on Jerry Jones party bus?

Given Jerry Jones well known politics and now-----now learning that NFL referees are getting freebies/goodies and who knows what, from Jerry Jones, combined with Jerry Bergman's loudmouth politics...

I wouldn't normally bring politics into a discussion about sports and-----and I don't know if politics played a role in the blown non-call in the Detroit v. Dallas game or not but-----but after reading the article below, I wonder if the loudmouth referee Jerry Bergman's judgment may have been clouded by his oft stated hatred for lefty's and lefty causes?

Without Jerry Bergman's alpha behavior in the Detroit v. Dallas playoff game, Detroit-----Detroit, not Dallas goes to Green Bay... and-----and so it goes.

'I prefer not to think before speaking': NFL official blamed for blown call during playoff game

Jan 5th 2015

By RYAN GORMAN

The NFL official widely credited with helping to overturn what many feel was an obvious pass interference call during a Sunday playoff game has quite the range of political beliefs.

Jerry Bergman, a line judge, convinced a veteran referee that there was only limited contact in a controversial play during the Detroit Lions – Dallas Cowboys game. He also spends quite a bit of time talking up his incendiary politics.

compares Hillary Clinton running for president to Deanna Favre, wife of legendary quarterback Brett Favre, being an NFL passer.

He also jokes about a tax return being rejected because he listed millions of illegal immigrants and hordes on welfare as dependents.

Friends, a receptive audience, mostly laugh at the provocative comments, first unearthed by the website Uproxx and subsequently viewed by AOL News.

Conservative political views hardly impact one's ability to be an effective NFL referee but the avid Pittsburgh Pirates fan has left them public for all to view, including a curious post claiming he prefers "not to think before speaking."

But Bergman was accused by a former NFL referee of intimidating the other officials into taking his side in the call. A similar aggressive, angry tone is evident throughout his Facebook page.

Game footage showed clear contact between Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens and Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew before the ball arrived, an obvious penalty.

Obvious enough, in fact, for multiple other officials to toss their flags and call pass interference.

Blatant enough for head referee Pete Morelli to announce to the entire stadium, and television audience, that pass interference was called and that the Lions were awarded first down.

The officials then picked up their flags and reversed the penalty at Bergman's insistence.

<snip>

I'm sorry, but there is no reason to believe that Detroit would have won the game if that pass interference call stood. There was over 8 minutes left in the game when that play happened. Detroit could have scored after that, they could have scored before that. They managed a single field goal in the entire second half. What makes anyone think that, if that PI stands, they march down the field and score?

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

Jan 5th 2015

By RYAN GORMAN

<snip>

I'm sorry, but there is no reason to believe that Detroit would have won the game if that pass interference call stood. There was over 8 minutes left in the game when that play happened. Detroit could have scored after that, they could have scored before that. They managed a single field goal in the entire second half. What makes anyone think that, if that PI stands, they march down the field and score?

Obviously you didn't watch the game.

The refs destroyed what was clearly Detroit taking control of the game. The Lions would have been in field goal range had pass interference been called and allowed to stand.

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

Jan 5th 2015

By RYAN GORMAN

<snip>

So the great conspiracy is the refs caused Dallas to win, because the refs are in the Cowboys pocket, then the next week they make the wrong call against Dallas because the refs are in Packers back pocket or wait aren't they in the Cowboys back...oh hell who makes this crap up?

A TOTAL BULLSHIT CALL.

Jan 5th 2015

By RYAN GORMAN

<snip>

Obviously you didn't watch the game.

The refs destroyed what was clearly Detroit taking control of the game. The Lions would have been in field goal range had pass interference been called and allowed to stand.

Even if the Lions go and score, what is there preventing Dallas from doing the same?

This wasn't the last play of the game. This was a team that had been unable to score more than a single field goal having one penalty not called with 8 minutes remaining. Hell, it shouldn't have even been simply pass interference, it should have been offsetting penalties and a replay of the down, at best!

Nothing about the way that game went leads me to believe Detroit was even close to assured of winning based on this one call. That doesn't mean it was a good call, just that the Lions had every opportunity both before and after to win and they failed to do so.

If we were talking about a play that took away a score or something like that.....

There were missed calls at other points. This one was not the be all, end all of the game.

How many of the crybabies with today's call stood up and admitted that the Cowboys/The officials hosed Detroit in their previous game?

I am not a Dallas fan BUT I find the irrational hatred of the team on display in this thread even more ridiculous than today's call.

Even though until recently a family member worked for about 9 years in the front office for the Dallas Cowboys, I too have never been a fan of the Cowboys - I'm usually pretty happy when the Patriots and 49ers win but really-really happy when my homies the Seattle Seahawks win but-----but even if that call had gone against the Seahawks I would've agreed with Joe Buck's analysis: “Common sense tells you that was a catch but by the letter of the letter of the law and the rule book he didn’t control it going to the ground.”
Rules is rules, regardless how ugly/ridiculous - the letter of the rule was followed.

Bring on the Pack. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers will be at the top of his game - the win is always sweeter when the other team plays the best they can be.
it was so obvious it was not a catch from the replays.lol anyone who thinks otherwise like the OP is in denial.lol He clearly did not have control of it as was evidenced when it hit the ground briefly.the OP sure doesnt understand the rules of football.:rolleyes-41:

this never should have even been debated at all. i been hearing from nutcases in ESPN and others say its a bad rule.bullshit to that.This is the pros.if the ball touches the ground and he is not in control of it as he wasnt,then it should NEVER be called a catch.It was the right call.thats the rules of football.this should never have even been considered open for debate.period.
You are a nutjob. They change the fucking rules every other year. And for what? They push the game into ridiculous micro management levels that at times it is boring to watch. That was a catch by any standard based in common sense. It's time to let the guys PLAY FOOTBALL & stop the refs & coaches from micromanaging the damn game.

You are a nutjob. They change the fucking rules every other year. And for what? They push the game into ridiculous micro management levels that at times it is boring to watch. That was a catch by any standard based in common sense. It's time to let the guys PLAY FOOTBALL & stop the refs & coaches from micromanaging the damn game.
ahh the truth hurts that you have been schooled here by many people grampa.poor baby.:asshole:

the only things that's bullshit here old man is your OP.next time you might actually take the time to watch the video of that game to see that they made the CORRECT call.:asshole:

would expect no less out of you though,someone who actually believed choker manning who gets scared in big games all the time,would actually beat the seahawks last year.:asshole: seeing as how you have put everybody on ignore on this thread who took you to school on this handing your ass to you on a platter,I'll probably be the next one you add to it as well.

when you get frustrated that you cant counter facts like what a fool you were last year to think the donkeys would win and how you have been schooled here on this thread,thats what you always do with people.:asshole:

wha wha wha,i know the chiefs are your favorite football team-I mean the Kansas city clowns,the biggest joke of an NFL franchise ever,but the fagboys are obviously your favorite in the NFC the way you are so blind to the facts.hee hee.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back