Dallas GOP candidate will pay his kids to only marry white

That's what liberals have been saying and supposedly implementing for years.

The results are in.

What we have is a large decrease in patriotism and nationalism, and increased division, especially racial. And we are not trying to reach higher victories. We are at each others throats.

This is the point of my pointing out the divisions between the two above men.

If these are my grandchildren, because my daughter stupidly married into the Amish culture.

Amish+children+in+Lancaster+County,+Pennsylvania,+1937.jpg

And when I try to talk to them about our heritage and culture, and they come back with some shit, like.

"We're amish, we are pacifists and we don't want to hear about our great grand father, evil war fighting.

Then, I have failed to maintain my culture and heritage.

Furthermore a huge division has been created between me and my descendants.

Any sense of connection, going either way, has just become much less likely, or at very least, much less deep.

Where does this anti/Amish animosity come from?

IN this context?

"Then, I have failed to maintain my culture and heritage."

So, no one in your family could ever adopt a new faith or move to an area with a different culture?

If you do enough change, then you lose continuity.

That's not a direct answer.

Yes, it is.

You do enough change, and it becomes enough of a radical change that you lose continuity.

What was, is not there any more.

Something different is there now.

I agree with you that it is an example of the division of our society and nation. And I believe we would all benefit from a reduction of that division.

Which is why I do not like intentional divisions being introduced or continued when there is not point.

White, and black are not intentional division.

Teaching our young that Patriotism or Nationalism is bad, is a unifying force being suppressed.

There are plenty of people and groups pushing for racial division. I think that promotes it. Years ago blatant racism was laughed at. Now people whine that it is offensive.

I would suggest that teaching our young that blind patriotism or nationalism is bad. The idea that dissent is unpatriotic is as wrong as any message put out there. Pride in the accomplishments of your nation is great. It helps us all reach for higher victories.

But I wonder if sharing pride in our accomplishments means we should also take responsibility for our crimes.

The results are in.

What we have is a large decrease in patriotism and nationalism, and increased division, especially racial. And we are not trying to reach higher victories. We are at each others throats.

If these are my grandchildren, because my daughter stupidly married into the Amish culture.

And when I try to talk to them about our heritage and culture, and they come back with some shit, like.

"We're amish, we are pacifists and we don't want to hear about our great grand father, evil war fighting.

Any sense of connection, going either way, has just become much less likely, or at very least, much less deep.

Decrease in patriotism? Ask an Iraq war veteran how he was treated on his return and how often he is thanked for his service. Then ask a Vietnam vet the same questions.

And some is, I think, a backlash against the blind patriotism.

Yes, decrease in Patriotism. And blind patriotism hasn't been a thing in generations.

Generations? You don't think the "Dissent is anti-American/Anti-patriotic" push under George W. was blind patriotism?

There are plenty of people and groups pushing for racial division. I think that promotes it. Years ago blatant racism was laughed at. Now people whine that it is offensive.

I would suggest that teaching our young that blind patriotism or nationalism is bad. The idea that dissent is unpatriotic is as wrong as any message put out there. Pride in the accomplishments of your nation is great. It helps us all reach for higher victories.

But I wonder if sharing pride in our accomplishments means we should also take responsibility for our crimes.

The results are in.

IN this context?

So, no one in your family could ever adopt a new faith or move to an area with a different culture?

Which is more important, for your family members to fulfill their lives as they want, or to maintain culture and heritage?

IN this context?

That's not a direct answer.
... Yes it is...

A direct answer would be YES or NO.

Liberals seem to be moving toward a position that would criminalize marrying within your own faith and race. Perhaps it is an option that should be explored.

Absolute bullshit. Because liberals celebrate people being able to marry whomever they love does not mean they are pushing anyone to avoid marrying within their own faith & race. I have not seen any liberals saying people can't marry someone of their faith or race.

White, and black are not intentional division.

Teaching our young that Patriotism or Nationalism is bad, is a unifying force being suppressed.

The results are in.

Decrease in patriotism? Ask an Iraq war veteran how he was treated on his return and how often he is thanked for his service. Then ask a Vietnam vet the same questions.

And some is, I think, a backlash against the blind patriotism.

Yes, decrease in Patriotism. And blind patriotism hasn't been a thing in generations.

Generations? You don't think the "Dissent is anti-American/Anti-patriotic" push under George W. was blind patriotism?

There was no such push.

As a white male father I can say skin color and race would not have been an issue to me in regards to my daughter's choice of a mate. It's character that counts. It's kind of warped to think anything but that really.

I never thought I would see the day, white men having to bribe white daughters with white men cash to keep white daughters panties on when around black men with no white man cash......if only our slaves were alive today to see how much trouble shopping for cheap labor has wrought white people, the grins would be endless.

I never thought I would see the day, white men having to bribe white daughters with white men cash to keep white daughters panties on when around black men with no white man cash......if only our slaves were alive today to see how much trouble shopping for cheap labor has wrought white people, the grins would be endless.
You are still alive.

If it is bigotry to object to a child marrying outside their race, what about someone that flat refuses to be in an interracial relationship.

I personally have no objection to interracial relationships although I just do not find black men physically appealing.

If it is bigotry to object to a child marrying outside their race, what about someone that flat refuses to be in an interracial relationship.

I personally have no objection to interracial relationships although I just do not find black men physically appealing.

You can object to who your child wants to be with. But it is ultimately their choice.

You can object to who your child wants to be with. But it is ultimately their choice.
Would you feel the same if that child refused to even date or socialize with someone of a different race?

The children in this OP are free to marry whoever will have them when they become of age.

Would you feel the same if that child refused to even date or socialize with someone of a different race?

I would be uncomfortable if my child refused to even socialize with someone solely because they were of a different race. But it is ultimately their choice.

I made my choices. They make theirs.

Forum List

Back