Dairy queen/fast food and minimum wage

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I am not into conspiracys except for one, no matter what I buy at a fast food restaurant when I am by myself it is always around $8 bucks, it has to be a direct relationship with the Minimum wage.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

Example just bought a banana split and a large coke

$8.07

0514162110.jpg

Are you sure it's minimum wage or did they just see you coming, metaphorically? Don't go much myself, but when I do, BK 5/$4.

You can get a half gallon of ice cream for about 4 bucks. bananas about 50 cents a pound. some nuts some strawberry syrup maybe another 3 bucks. 2 liters of soda, a couple bucks.

They sell you one little banana split and a drink wildly overpriced at 8 bucks because they figure that's about what you're silly enough to pay.

I am not into conspiracys except for one, no matter what I buy at a fast food restaurant when I am by myself it is always around $8 bucks, it has to be a direct relationship with the Minimum wage.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

I want a bite please........

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

Biting a man's banana is not a good move.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

:lol: I didn't ask to bite a man's banana!

You can get a half gallon of ice cream for about 4 bucks. bananas about 50 cents a pound. some nuts some strawberry syrup maybe another 3 bucks. 2 liters of soda, a couple bucks.

They sell you one little banana split and a drink wildly overpriced at 8 bucks because they figure that's about what you're silly enough to pay.

Only if you make it. :)

Only if you make it. :)

Fast food is not the only place people work for minimum wage. I'm sure there are restaurants that employ minimum wage workers where you'd be lucky to get out for 20 30 40 bucks.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

Is this the Dairy Queen of the rich and famous?

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

And with that statement, you just elicited a sigh of disappointment from approximately 25% of the men on USMB.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

Is this the Dairy Queen of the rich and famous?

Dairy Queen is the chain where at one outlet some guy successfully passed a counterfeit $200 bill. lol google it.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

And with that statement, you just elicited a sigh of disappointment from approximately 25% of the men on USMB.

Yeah bit bitin' might just hurt ya know. :lol:

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

Their own promotional picture of the banana split looks even gayer than the one you got:

dq-treats-royal-bananasplit.png

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

Seriously it's only 8 bucks because they screw you on the drink. Plus, Dairy Queen's big promo is the 5 dollar lunch, which is sub-minimum wage.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

Yeah bit bitin' might just hurt ya know. :lol:

For the record I only know what I've heard.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07
The only correlation between minimum wage and fast food prices is a direct proportionality. You raise the minimum wage, prices will go up.

Minimum wage should be determined by the states, based on the cost of living for each state...or within the state, the cost of living for each city.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07
The only correlation between minimum wage and fast food prices is a direct proportionality. You raise the minimum wage, prices will go up.

Minimum wage should be determined by the states, based on the cost of living for each state...or within the state, the cost of living for each city.

Not always.

Minimum wage has different effects on different businesses.

You increase minimum wage, McDonald's doesn't have to increase the cost of their products all that much. That's because they sell thousands of hamburgers and fries every single day. Just a few cents increase on each item offsets that loss.

But that's not true for Joe's Hardware Store. Joe doesn't sell thousands of saws and hammers. He doesn't even sell a hundred in a day, so his prices have to go up much higher than McDonald's.

Dairy Queen? Somewhere between Joe's Hardware and McDonald's. While the do sell a lot of ice cream cones, cakes and even burgers, they don't sell nearly as much as McDonald's.

$8

$8

$8

$8

Everything is $8 bucks.

$8.07

View attachment 74808

Seriously it's only 8 bucks because they screw you on the drink. Plus, Dairy Queen's big promo is the 5 dollar lunch, which is sub-minimum wage.

This reminds me about the drink, went to IHOP this morning and I ask for coffee, they give me an entire pot and charge me $2 bucks ... I just wanted a cup to go along with my eggs , pancakes and bacon....

Forum List

Back