Daily Kos: "How Quaint"

jillian said:
Facts never offend me. Cowards do. Especially plagarizing ones who think they have big internet muscles.

So, I'll ask again, why aren't you fighting in Iraq, chickenhawk?

Never mind, I answered my own question. :)

Finding all the WMDs in Iraq really screwed up your talking points so now people who aren't in Iraq are chickens? :teeth:

dilloduck said:
Finding all the WMDs in Iraq really screwed up your talking points so now people who aren't in Iraq are chickens? :teeth:

Nope, but I'm not a military age boy dissing people who fought for their country and claiming to support this war.

If he supports this war, more power to him, I'm sure they could find a place for him in Falluja. In other words, he should put his money where his mouth is.

dilloduck said:

Yelling at people about, why aren't you signing up for Iraq, is a ploy right out of the handbook of Du underground...
I think it makes a person look stupid, but hey, whatever blows their skirts up I guess...

I knew I'd seen a few people who are here, over there..
:salute:

Stephanie said:
Yelling at people about, why aren't you signing up for Iraq, is a ploy right out of the handbook of Du underground...
I think it makes a person look stupid, but hey, whatever blows their skirts up I guess...

ya--they like to come here and play with the smart ones from time to time.:wank:

dilloduck said:
ya--they like to come here and play with the smart ones from time to time.:wank:

Sooner than later, their true colors start showing....:tinfoil:
:D

dilloduck said:

You aren't talking about these WMDs are you?

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/06/21/...vows-santorum/

Defense Department Disavows Santorum’s WMD Claims

Today, Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) and Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-MI) held a press conference and announced “we have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.” Santorum and Hoekstra are hyping a document that describes degraded, pre-1991 munitions that were already acknowledged by the White House’s Iraq Survey Group and dismissed.

Fox News’ Jim Angle contacted the Defense Department who quickly disavowed Santorum and Hoekstra’s claims. A Defense Department official told Angle flatly that the munitions hyped by Santorum and Hoekstra are “not the WMD’s for which this country went to war.”

Fox’s Alan Colmes broke the news to Santorum. Watch it:

Transcript:

COMBS: Congressman, Senator, it’s Alan Colmes. Senator, the Iraq Survey Group — let me go to the Duelfer Report — says that Iraq did not have the weapons our intelligence believed were there. And Jim Angle reported this for Fox News quotes a defense official who says these were pre-1991 weapons that could not have been fired as designed because they already been degraded. And the official went on to say these are not the WMD’s this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had and not the WMD’s for which this country went to war. So the chest beating at this Republicans are doing tonight thinking this is a justification is not confirmed by the defense department.

SANTORUM: I’d like to know who that is. The fact of the matter is, I’ll wait and see what the actual Defense Department formally says or more important what the administration formally says.

Redhots said:
You aren't talking about these WMDs are you?

No......THESE WMDS

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
-President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
-President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
-Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
-Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D! , CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-Sen. Carl Levin (d, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ..."
-Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

:( All of these people.. ARE LIARS..... How dare they fool us like that.... Impeach the whole lot of them........DAMN IT

Stephanie said:

I think those who believe in the war in Iraq but refuse to go over there look a tad silly, too. If I was vehemently for a war and was of age, I'd sign up in an instant. Wouldn't you? (BTW, I didn't see anybody yelling :teeth: )

Dr Grump said:
I think those who believe in the war in Iraq but refuse to go over there look a tad silly, too. If I was vehemently for a war and was of age, I'd sign up in an instant. Wouldn't you? (BTW, I didn't see anybody yelling :teeth: )

That line is a bunch of:bsflag: :cuckoo:

Dr Grump said:
Because...?

You missed my edited post..

I took the teeth away and added :cuckoo:

As for because...hummm

Lets see I'm a 50ish something lady and I support the war... So what kind of bullshit line are you going to throw at me???

Thats because....:salute:

Stephanie said:

LOL! Bringing up DU is a favorite ploy of right wingers who have no substantive comments on a subject. Never been there, mysellf. Apparently, it fascinates you.

I just think RSR should put up or shut up. If he believes in this so strongly, he should go and fight otherwise he should stop calling real veterans disrespectful names.

Jillian said:
LOL! Bringing up DU is a favorite ploy of right wingers who have no substantive comments on a subject. Never been there, myself. Apparently, it fascinates you.

I just think RSR should put up or shut up. If he believes in this so strongly, he should go and fight otherwise he should stop calling real veterans disrespectful names.

Whatever Jillian...
I do believe I made a substantive comment on the lefts way of trying too slap a person down who supports the war, by saying, then why aren't you over in Iraq fighting...

Who was the real veteran that RSR supposedly called a disrespectful name?

Stephanie said:
You missed my edited post..

I took the teeth away and added :cuckoo:

As for because...hummm

Lets see I'm a 50ish something lady and I support the war... So what kind of bullshit line are you going to throw at me???

Thats because....:salute:

Become a Cause Celebre! Demand to be inducted and fight ageism and sexism! You want to do you part! So get down to the recruiting agency right now! Hire a good lawyer and you'll me marching on Sadr before you know it!
On a more serious note, anybody of age who believes in the war should either sign up or shut up IMO....

Dr Grump said:
Become a Cause Celebre! Demand to be inducted and fight ageism and sexism! You want to do you part! So get down to the recruiting agency right now! Hire a good lawyer and you'll me marching on Sadr before you know it!
On a more serious note, anybody of age who believes in the war should either sign up or shut up IMO....

I work for the military, you jerk off...... I don't find you at all humorous.....

Your dismissed...

Stephanie said:
I work for the military, you jerkoff......Fuck you..
Your dismissed...

Which has what to do with my point? That's what I love about you neocons. You're so willing to engage in debate without resorting to insults...:blues:

Stephanie said:
I work for the military, you jerkoff......Fuck you..
Your dismissed...

All their talking points are crashing and burning Stephanie

Dr Grump probably jerks off watching Pampers comercials

Dr Grump said:
Which has what to do with my point? That's what I love about you neocons. You're so willing to engage in debate without resorting to insults...:blues:

And here's the lovely left debating.....
Daily Kos: So our boys were tortured - how quaint.

The bodies of the two captured U.S. soldiers were found in Iraq - bearing signs of “barbaric torture.”

How quaint.

I hope Alberto Gonzales and John Yoo will sleep well tonight, with visions of those boys’ bodies and the horrible barbarities inflicted upon them dancing in their heads. Perhaps Gonzales, and Yoo, and Rumsfeld and Bush will be able to envision the same inhumanities being visited upon their family members and loved ones as they drift off to peaceful slumber.

This cannot stand. We cannot allow this administration and its incomprehensible defense of and support for torture in violation of the “quaint” Geneva Conventions to remain.

The chickens have come home to roost. As ye sew, so shall ye reap.

I weep for my country, and for the families and loved ones of those in Iraq and Afghanistan, those yet living and those already dead.
Peace.

:thup:

jillian said:
So why aren't you in Iraq, coward? Still waiting....

How do you know I have not completed my military service?

Why aren't you over in Iraq defending Saddam? You do such a good job defending him in the US

Forum List

Back