Daily Kos: "How Quaint"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stephanie, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,361
    Here is the Democrat party of TODAY.. No other words need be said..

Two US soldiers kidnapped in Iraq have been found: Bodies of missing U.S. soldiers recovered.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The bodies of two U.S. soldiers reported captured last week have been recovered, and an Iraqi official said Tuesday the men were “killed in a barbaric way.” Al-Qaida in Iraq claimed responsibility for killing the soldiers, and said the successor to slain terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had “slaughtered” them, according to a Web statement that could not be authenticated.

The language in the statement suggested the men had been beheaded.

The sick freaks at Daily Kos are gloating:

Daily Kos: So our boys were tortured - how quaint.

The bodies of the two captured U.S. soldiers were found in Iraq - bearing signs of “barbaric torture.”

How quaint.

I hope Alberto Gonzales and John Yoo will sleep well tonight, with visions of those boys’ bodies and the horrible barbarities inflicted upon them dancing in their heads. Perhaps Gonzales, and Yoo, and Rumsfeld and Bush will be able to envision the same inhumanities being visited upon their family members and loved ones as they drift off to peaceful slumber.

This cannot stand. We cannot allow this administration and its incomprehensible defense of and support for torture in violation of the “quaint” Geneva Conventions to remain.

The chickens have come home to roost. As ye sew, so shall ye reap.

I weep for my country, and for the families and loved ones of those in Iraq and Afghanistan, those yet living and those already dead.
    Peace.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=21135_Daily_Kos-_How_Quaint

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,441
    I find it really interesting that you think one person, unidentified as a democrat, near as I can tell, represents "democratic" thought. I would suggest that if anyone on the other end of the political spectrum made such specious generalizations, you would, rightfully, take them to task.

Rather than assume this person speaks for anyone but themselves or a narrow group of people who share his/her view, I think it better to assume that if you put three people who think on the left side of the political spectrum, you'd be more likely to get 10 different opinions.

BTW, since I found the word a bit appalling and, frankly, odd, I checked your link and its genesis. The word "quaint", while a silly choice, was linked to Alberto Gonzalez's torture memo.

http://www.npr.org/documents/2005/nov/torture/torturegonzales.pdf

You don't think our men and women in Iraq pay a horrible price for that kind of thing?

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

Jillian, shut your lying fucking spinning mouth. It's people like you equate a barking dog and a naked pyramid to severe barbaric torture like this.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I think our men and women in Iraq pay a horrible price for the anti-war crowd who give aid and comfort to the enemy, the libs that make public their view that they consider our nation and it's leaders more evil than the subhumans who commited the attacks on this country and its people, the spineless Democrats who advocate cutting and running, the organizations that advocate free speech for all except those that oppose their views, the college professors and students who allow Muslim terrorists to spread propaganda on their campus yet block US Marines from recruiting there...I could go on, but you get the drift.

5. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,441
    You losing it again, babe? :wtf:

6. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,441
    I get your drift, but I disagree with your premise. I'm not "anti-war", per se. I think there are things worth fighting and dying for...as for the points you raise, I would need far more time to respond without giving you short shrift, but I have to get my son ready for school.

My point was twofold...one..silly to generalize what an entire group of people are thinking from one unidentified person on a blog...and two... it hurts us when things like a memo saying torture is ok can be used as justification for all kinds of horrors inflicted on our troops.

Spot you later. Have a good day.

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

I've never lost it. Exposing your lies and perversion is not losing it.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    We understand your points jillian, we just think they're bullshit. You lefty democrats are the ones who cast us as the bad guy when NOTHING we have done comes CLOSE to this level or barbarity.

Your first instinct was to distance yourself from the opinion in this lame article, but then you still can't help but come back and agree with it. You're a psychotic, disingenuous, sick, anti-american liar.

9. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Have a great Army day!

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

Libs hate generalizations. They think they're so brilliant they defy summary, but attacking generalizations is simply their way of attacking the honest truth.