Daily Kos: "How Quaint"

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Here is the Democrat party of TODAY.. No other words need be said..

Two US soldiers kidnapped in Iraq have been found: Bodies of missing U.S. soldiers recovered.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The bodies of two U.S. soldiers reported captured last week have been recovered, and an Iraqi official said Tuesday the men were “killed in a barbaric way.” Al-Qaida in Iraq claimed responsibility for killing the soldiers, and said the successor to slain terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had “slaughtered” them, according to a Web statement that could not be authenticated.

The language in the statement suggested the men had been beheaded.

The sick freaks at Daily Kos are gloating:

Daily Kos: So our boys were tortured - how quaint.

The bodies of the two captured U.S. soldiers were found in Iraq - bearing signs of “barbaric torture.”

How quaint.

I hope Alberto Gonzales and John Yoo will sleep well tonight, with visions of those boys’ bodies and the horrible barbarities inflicted upon them dancing in their heads. Perhaps Gonzales, and Yoo, and Rumsfeld and Bush will be able to envision the same inhumanities being visited upon their family members and loved ones as they drift off to peaceful slumber.

This cannot stand. We cannot allow this administration and its incomprehensible defense of and support for torture in violation of the “quaint” Geneva Conventions to remain.

The chickens have come home to roost. As ye sew, so shall ye reap.

I weep for my country, and for the families and loved ones of those in Iraq and Afghanistan, those yet living and those already dead.
Peace.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=21135_Daily_Kos-_How_Quaint

I find it really interesting that you think one person, unidentified as a democrat, near as I can tell, represents "democratic" thought. I would suggest that if anyone on the other end of the political spectrum made such specious generalizations, you would, rightfully, take them to task.

Rather than assume this person speaks for anyone but themselves or a narrow group of people who share his/her view, I think it better to assume that if you put three people who think on the left side of the political spectrum, you'd be more likely to get 10 different opinions.

BTW, since I found the word a bit appalling and, frankly, odd, I checked your link and its genesis. The word "quaint", while a silly choice, was linked to Alberto Gonzalez's torture memo.

http://www.npr.org/documents/2005/nov/torture/torturegonzales.pdf

You don't think our men and women in Iraq pay a horrible price for that kind of thing?

jillian said:
I find it really interesting that you think one person, unidentified as a democrat, near as I can tell, represents "democratic" thought. I would suggest that if anyone on the other end of the political spectrum made such specious generalizations, you would, rightfully, take them to task.

Rather than assume this person speaks for anyone but themselves or a narrow group of people who share his/her view, I think it better to assume that if you put three people who think on the left side of the political spectrum, you'd be more likely to get 10 different opinions.

BTW, since I found the word a bit appalling and, frankly, odd, I checked your link and its genesis. The word "quaint", while a silly choice, was linked to Alberto Gonzalez's torture memo.

You don't think our men and women in Iraq pay a horrible price for that kind of thing?

Jillian, shut your lying fucking spinning mouth. It's people like you equate a barking dog and a naked pyramid to severe barbaric torture like this.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
jillian said:

I think our men and women in Iraq pay a horrible price for the anti-war crowd who give aid and comfort to the enemy, the libs that make public their view that they consider our nation and it's leaders more evil than the subhumans who commited the attacks on this country and its people, the spineless Democrats who advocate cutting and running, the organizations that advocate free speech for all except those that oppose their views, the college professors and students who allow Muslim terrorists to spread propaganda on their campus yet block US Marines from recruiting there...I could go on, but you get the drift.

CSM said:
I think our men and women in Iraq pay a horrible price for the anti-war crowd who give aid and comfort to the enemy, the libs that make public their view that they consider our nation and it's leaders more evil than the subhumans who commited the attacks on this country and its people, the spineless Democrats who advocate cutting and running, the organizations that advocate free speech for all except those that oppose their views, the college professors and students who allow Muslim terrorists to spread propaganda on their campus yet block US Marines from recruiting there...I could go on, but you get the drift.

I get your drift, but I disagree with your premise. I'm not "anti-war", per se. I think there are things worth fighting and dying for...as for the points you raise, I would need far more time to respond without giving you short shrift, but I have to get my son ready for school.

My point was twofold...one..silly to generalize what an entire group of people are thinking from one unidentified person on a blog...and two... it hurts us when things like a memo saying torture is ok can be used as justification for all kinds of horrors inflicted on our troops.

Spot you later. Have a good day.

jillian said:
I get your drift, but I disagree with your premise. I'm not "anti-war", per se. I think there are things worth fighting and dying for...as for the points you raise, I would need far more time to respond without giving you short shrift, but I have to get my son ready for school.

My point was twofold...one..silly to generalize what an entire group of people are thinking from one unidentified person on a blog...and two... it hurts us when things like a memo saying torture is ok can be used as justification for all kinds of horrors committed on our troops.

We understand your points jillian, we just think they're bullshit. You lefty democrats are the ones who cast us as the bad guy when NOTHING we have done comes CLOSE to this level or barbarity.

Your first instinct was to distance yourself from the opinion in this lame article, but then you still can't help but come back and agree with it. You're a psychotic, disingenuous, sick, anti-american liar.

jillian said:

I was not talking about you (per say) as I think I understand where you are coming from (not necessarily a "bad" place).

My point was twofold...one..silly to generalize what an entire group of people are thinking from one unidentified person on a blog...and two...

Generalizations are generally misleading (lol!). However, it is not uncommon to use one or two individual examples to represent an overall concept...I do believe that is what the original poster intended (though I could be wrong). You have to admit that the political parties have mastered the art of using an individual incident, person or circumstance to make general statements ("culture of corruption" comes to mind) with the intent of misrepresenting the true case.

it hurts us when things like a memo saying torture is ok can be used as justification for all kinds of horrors committed on our troops.

It hurts far worse when the torture is committed by the enemy and immediately mitigated by the anti-war/lib crowd (some even saying we as a nation deserve it!). No one deserves torture and brutal murder such as the terrorists love to commit. Portraying Abu Grhaib, Gitmo etc as being on the same level as what was done to these two soldiers is just plain wrong. And what makes that hurt is that it is our own people (you know, the ones who support the troops) who make that equivalencey.

Have a great Army day!

CSM said:
Have a great Army day!

Libs hate generalizations. They think they're so brilliant they defy summary, but attacking generalizations is simply their way of attacking the honest truth.

Daily Kos said:
UPDATE: I wrote this diary early this morning, in haste. I was so upset when I heard the news about our soldiers having been tortured that I could barely contain my anger.

I posted it quickly, knowing that I had meetings to attend off and on throughout the day. It moved to the Recommended list, but I was unable to attend to it full-time; additionally, the !@#$%@#! server errors made it extremely difficult to move through the comments.

Based on many of the comments, I thought it would be best if I were to clarify some of my statements above.

My heart is broken by the brutal and senseless murder of these two young men. The fact that they were tortured makes the grief all the more grievous. I have not a shred of doubt that the barbarians who did this to them - who alone among all humans, are 100% responsible for their actions - will pay the price for their heinous acts, whether in this life or the next. In the meantime, I pray for the souls of those killed and for the comfort of those who loved them, and for all who care about their fate.

I wrote this diary because I was enraged that our government - my government - could have taken - and repeatedly defended - a position that the provisions of the Geneva Conventions - provisions written with the understanding that war is a brutal and savage activity at its core, and that humans engaged in war often are prone to brutal and savage behaviors - are merely "quaint" anachronisms, no longer applicable to our current world situation, and that torture is an acceptable practice for our society.

Such a position is a disgrace to the people, history and ideals of the United States of America, and especially to those who have risked or sacrificed their lives to defend those people and ideals. That is not what we stand for, nor is it what our men and women put their lives on the line - and sometimes die - for. We as a country are better than that. I am angry that my country no longer can claim the moral high ground when an atrocity such as the torture and murder of these young men occurs at the hands of barbarians.

I do not wish ill to Messrs. Gonzales, Yoo, Bush or Rumfeld, nor to any members of their families. I was writing out of anger, and what I wrote in that paragraph was wrong. I apologize for having written it. I cannot pretend that I did not write it, but I do not wish to perpetuate what I wrote. I have changed the offending sentences.

I am heartsick today. I am sorry for causing misunderstanding. - OH

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/6/20/101853/419

jillian said:

Lets see.........

John "I served in Viet Nam" called them terorists

Sen Dick Turbin called them Nazis on the Senate floor

John "Motor Mouth" Murtha said they "killed innocent civilians in cold blood"

Liberal college professors have called for the troops to kill their commanding officers

I would say it pretty well tells us all we need to know about the Dems

red states rule said:
Lets see.........

John "I served in Viet Nam" called them terorists

Sen Dick Turbin called them Nazis on the Senate floor

John "Motor Mouth" Murtha said they "killed innocent civilians in cold blood"

Liberal college professors have called for the troops to kill their commanding officers

I would say it pretty well tells us all we need to know about the Dems

What are you 18? 19? I think if you believe in the war so much, troll-boy, you should go enlist..... until then, you're a chickenhawk who wants other people to die for you and disrespects men who really served.

rtwngAvngr said:
Jillian, sorry about dropping the f-bomb on ya. I was just very angry.

No biggie... but you should try reading the whole post sometimes instead of seeing only what you *think* you're seeing.

And the other stuff was pretty vile, too...but I forgive you cause I'm that kinda chick.

jillian said:
No biggie... but you should try reading the whole post sometimes instead of seeing only what you *think* you're seeing.

And the other stuff was pretty vile, too...but I forgive you cause I'm that kinda chick.

Not a vile as what libs have said about our troops

They do not forgive however

That is why the troops vote overwhelmingly for Republicans

That might explain why the libs hate them so much

jillian said:

You still defend abominable characters and refuse to acknowledge the bilious hatred spewing from your own party. I'm just sorry about the f-bomb.

red states rule said:
I am pointing out what identified libs have said about the troops

Sorry if facts offend you

Facts never offend me. Cowards do. Especially plagarizing ones who think they have big internet muscles.

So, I'll ask again, why aren't you fighting in Iraq, chickenhawk?

Never mind, I answered my own question. :)

Forum List

Back